KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS2 Bye-Bye

PS2 Bye-Bye
Started by: hotsauce6548

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Gender: Male
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Moderator

This started because I was talking about the strengths and faults of each system, you apparantly didn't like that I said that the GC is primarily a single player system and claimed I was biased for it.

Seeing as you seemed to take offense to ONLY my negative statement against the GC rather then against the PS2 or the Xbox and attacked me for it, which is a signature of a fanboy,I could only assume you were one.

Also, I agree with you about the Xbox.


__________________

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: In Your Heart Building a Station.

Account Restricted

Well lets just end on the note that you agree with me, b/c this is not a subject that I care strongly about.


__________________


"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 07:42 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Gender: Male
Location: Ministry of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
You got cheated out of $20, what a fool, you should of just rented it.

I don't see why everyone is whoring themselves to that damn XBox 360, I could careless about that crap. As for Revolution, if Nintendo plans to charge to download old-school games, I'll only download what I need, I may spend more time playing old-school games than newer games anyway. Ps3 is still a ways off, stop getting your hopes so high up.

They spend years making these new games, and they take so long to complete that you have no replay value left at all, this makes me wish I was addicted to fighting and sports games, I'd get so much more out of games these days.

No one said you HAD to buy RE4 on Ps2 you snob, you're saying the Ps2 is dying, and it isn't you fool. I'm buying RE4 on Ps2, for the extras, and because it is that damn incredible, I could see myself giving it at least another 5 plays through the main game, aside from Ada's scenario also.


Well, we've got one fanboy confirmed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Relax. erm

quote:
This started because I was talking about the strengths and faults of each system, you apparantly didn't like that I said that the GC is primarily a single player system and claimed I was biased for it.

Seeing as you seemed to take offense to ONLY my negative statement against the GC rather then against the PS2 or the Xbox and attacked me for it, which is a signature of a fanboy,I could only assume you were one.

Also, I agree with you about the Xbox.


I agree with just about everything you've said over the past two pages. yes

Powerfulone seems to start trouble wherever she goes.


__________________



Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 08:52 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Ground Zero.

Account Restricted

Hahaha, JtotheP is blatantly buying the new RE4 for the new gun and tin box it comes in.

-AC


__________________


Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 12:57 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Gender: Male
Location: Ministry of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, JtotheP is blatantly buying the new RE4 for the new gun and tin box it comes in.

-AC


laughing

I see no reason to buy the game for PS2, if you already own it for Gamecube.

It's the same game, except for a taser. erm


__________________



Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 02:48 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Gender: Male
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
laughing

I see no reason to buy the game for PS2, if you already own it for Gamecube.

It's the same game, except for a taser. erm


Taser!?

*Runs off and buys 4 copies of the game*


__________________

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 07:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: wales uk

christ... everyone needs to cool down here.everyone seems to take opinions like they're facts and then stating their opinions like they are facts. calm the hell down! i say if you dont use that console much, then sell it. so if you're using the xbox and gc, sell the ps2. simple as.

theres clearly a nintendo versus everyone else thing going on too. i dont really think you can compare them though. the ps2 and xbox, yes. they have many games out for both formats. but the gc is a different kettle of fish. the appealing thing for me about the gamecube is the mario titles, but i lost interest in these when they went 3d, although the mario kart double dash game was fun. i think banjoe kazooie was too similar to mario64, but thats just the perspective i get from seeing people play it, along with the donkey kong games. zelda games, i have been led to beleive, are always entertaining and enthralling. not only does my 10yr old nephew love it, so does my mate, his girlfriend, many of my other mates, and several older generations i know including a 60 yr old.

alpha, i completely agree with you about realism. i dont play games that are realistic, unless i'm looking at a simulation game. gran turismo was'nt realistic. theres no damage for a start. i think sometimes realism is good because for myself, i like to put myself into the game, immerse myself if you might. i mean, gta would have been terrible if bowser had suddenly appeared the size of a sky scraper and you had to to beat him to save the princess.(although thinking about it... imagine iif it was godzilla or king kong? that actually mite be good as another game...) excuse the tangent.

when i play games i like to escape from real life. no game is truly realistic, realistic games like, driving and sports, are only really realistic if you're a professional sportsperson in that sport. i play nba live because i'd like to beleive that i can win the championship, not because its "realistic".

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 10:26 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Gender: Male
Location: The Grand Vestibule

Re: PS2 Bye-Bye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I've been thinking about trading in my PS2 for some extra cash. Since just about every worthwhile game that comes out on PS2 also comes out on Xbox, I won't be missing much. erm


soul calibur 3 ! >_<!


__________________

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 11:35 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
You got cheated out of $20, what a fool, you should of just rented it.

I don't see why everyone is whoring themselves to that damn XBox 360, I could careless about that crap. As for Revolution, if Nintendo plans to charge to download old-school games, I'll only download what I need, I may spend more time playing old-school games than newer games anyway. Ps3 is still a ways off, stop getting your hopes so high up.

They spend years making these new games, and they take so long to complete that you have no replay value left at all, this makes me wish I was addicted to fighting and sports games, I'd get so much more out of games these days.

No one said you HAD to buy RE4 on Ps2 you snob, you're saying the Ps2 is dying, and it isn't you fool. I'm buying RE4 on Ps2, for the extras, and because it is that damn incredible, I could see myself giving it at least another 5 plays through the main game, aside from Ada's scenario also.


Why are people whoring themselves to the 360? Did you even look at the games that are coming out? If i started naming all of them that i was just a little interested in, then i'd name about 20 or more games.

And what does the Ps3 have? They have some of the games the 360, but not much. They have MGS, but i don't like that game. The only games i would get for the Ps3 is God of War 2 because the first one was great as hell, but thats not even confirmed yet. And the other game is the next GTA. So tell me what reason exactly should i get a Ps3? And i used to like the Ps2 the best, actully, i do like the Ps2 over the Xbox, but the next gen is totally different.

And as for the revolution, i dont like the controller, there is no games i want to play on it, Mario is great and stuff, but i dont mind if i dont get to play it, because i dont play video games a whole lot anyway. The conroller might be pretty cool, but i don't like the way it is, and im not gonna buy a revolution for the controller.


__________________

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Gender: Male
Location: Ministry of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Taser!?

*Runs off and buys 4 copies of the game*


laughing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
soul calibur 3 ! >_<!


Nope. I played the second one. It was okay, but nothing to drool over. erm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darth_royke
when i play games i like to escape from real life. no game is truly realistic, realistic games like, driving and sports, are only really realistic if you're a professional sportsperson in that sport. i play nba live because i'd like to beleive that i can win the championship, not because its "realistic".


That's exactly what I said earlier. yes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Why are people whoring themselves to the 360? Did you even look at the games that are coming out? If i started naming all of them that i was just a little interested in, then i'd name about 20 or more games.

And what does the Ps3 have? They have some of the games the 360, but not much. They have MGS, but i don't like that game. The only games i would get for the Ps3 is God of War 2 because the first one was great as hell, but thats not even confirmed yet. And the other game is the next GTA. So tell me what reason exactly should i get a Ps3? And i used to like the Ps2 the best, actully, i do like the Ps2 over the Xbox, but the next gen is totally different.


Yeah, I agree with you, except the Revolution.

I think its games are going to be so totally different, the Revolution will be worth getting as a secondary system to the 360. (I'll be jamming out playing Halo 3, then want to take a break, so I pop in an FPS into the Revolution and voila! I've got my character in one hand and a gun in the other. stick out tongue)


__________________



Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 01:33 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 12:47 AM.
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS2 Bye-Bye

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.