KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo 2.

Diablo 2.
Started by: Spelljammer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Not really looking for epic sessions of Battlenet. I just want to play through teh single-player. But it sounds like LoD is worth it.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 04:55 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

K, so I realize Diablo III just triggered the drool mechanisms in most of the people who will be reading this post, so D2 isn't really foremost in your thoughts, but I just started playing it today.

As with most games, I'll update with silly little anecdotes and gameplay tidbits as I progress, mainly because I only have one dedicated "video game friend" so you guys are my support group for a lot of this ( embarrasment ).

I'm playing as an Amazon. I was the archer chick in D1 as well, so I wanted to remain consistent.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 01:46 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 09:56 AM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help big grin

Heh. Thanks.

Though Diablo doesn't seem the type to vex me. Quest, level up, return to town, buy/sell/upgrade items. Rinse, repeat. Simple in a Gauntlet sort of way, but fun.

They should really let people name their equipment by now though. I want the Epic Loincloth of Pole-Dancing, damnit!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2008 05:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

My friend said it gets hella-hard eventually. Haven't encountered anything too rough yet. Only came close to dying once or twice. The fights are starting to stiffen a bit, though the ranger chick helping me out is surprisingly helpful. I'm almost done with Part I, I think.

And the bow is just straight cheating imo. I love it. Not that I've played enough as the other classes to know (in either D1 or D2) but Amazon (and whatever class used the bow in the first game) seems like the best class to me. But maybe I'm biased or uninformed.

Also. D2 > GTA IV. Yeah, I said it. I can't get into GTA for some reason, and have been playing D2 like a fiend. Maybe Mass Effect before it spoiled it for me by being so awesome.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 8th, 2008 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 04:32 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

So Anduriel was responsible for my first death. I underestimated her. I was hurting her fine, and allowed her to wade in front of me for a few seconds. Bad idea. Tons of money lost.

Then later I swapped out my awesome bow-wielding teammate for a dude with a spear to try it out. He sucks. Now I can't get her back. Stupid autosaves. Isn't there a way to create more than one save? Really bad design flaw imo.

So it's back to the main camp to work up a level 7 rogue to 14-15. Annoyance.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 03:52 AM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So Anduriel was responsible for my first death. I underestimated her. I was hurting her fine, and allowed her to wade in front of me for a few seconds. Bad idea. Tons of money lost.

Then later I swapped out my awesome bow-wielding teammate for a dude with a spear to try it out. He sucks. Now I can't get her back. Stupid autosaves. Isn't there a way to create more than one save? Really bad design flaw imo.

So it's back to the main camp to work up a level 7 rogue to 14-15. Annoyance.

Dude, you can get the chick back if you remember her name. Go to the nearest waypoint, and up there select act I and go to rogue encampment. Find Kashya, hire the chick.

Also, there are some of the lancers which are awesome from Act II. For instance, in Nightmare difficulty, one of the lancers (all henchies change abilities through difficulties so if you want a certain ability, hire the henchie when you're on that difficulty) have auras like defiance which can boost your defense through the roof, making you almost impossible to hit, or the one with Holy Freeze aura that just kicks anus.

PM me if you have more questions, if you want we can meet on some server and I can help you out.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2008 09:36 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote