KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Hall of Villainy

The Hall of Villainy
Started by: Escape81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. No, he fried Mace first and wanted the Koruun to experience the power of the Dark Side. Hence the one liner 'UNLIMITED POWER!'. Then, he released Mace, and blew him out the window.

2. Dooku lifted his hand, aimed it, and then fired a blast of power. Anakin was running to meet Dooku, and was very close when Dooku fired it. Dooku then tossed Anakin into a 'nearby wall'.

3. No. In fact, when Yoda pushed, it took two seconds for Palpatine to be blasted. It was not instant. Indeed, Yoda did more concentration then Palpatine.

4. Yes it does. He's a bloody coward. Still doesn't mean he's weak.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

OMG... stop fighting over the course of two threads. One is enough.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Escape81
1. No, he fried Mace first and wanted the Koruun to experience the power of the Dark Side. Hence the one liner 'UNLIMITED POWER!'. Then, he released Mace, and blew him out the window.

2. Dooku lifted his hand, aimed it, and then fired a blast of power. Anakin was running to meet Dooku, and was very close when Dooku fired it. Dooku then tossed Anakin into a 'nearby wall'.

3. No. In fact, when Yoda pushed, it took two seconds for Palpatine to be blasted. It was not instant. Indeed, Yoda did more concentration then Palpatine.

I hate it when people accuse Sidious of being a coward. He was sensible, and his being "cowardly" resulted in him ruling the galaxy. I would rather be a "coward" than be brave and be gutted by someones lightsabre.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It's a guy thing.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Look at it. The cowards seem to get it all. Sidious ruled the galaxy and Traya almost obliterated the force.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do it to placate the masses (Sorgo).

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Personally, cowardice means living longer, but if you're idealistic, it's anathema to your beliefs to NOT die for them. That displays the ultimate convinction.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 10:05 PM
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Idealism is usually flawed. Like Communism.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2005 10:21 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd be saying unlimited power too if i had to charge someone out of a window.

Mace was closer to Sidious than Anakin was to Dooku. It wasn't a nearby wall. He was smashed against it at least 15-20 feet away.

It took two seconds for the Lightning to reach Yoda.

No one said he was weak.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sorgo

I'd be saying unlimited power too if i had to charge someone out of a window.

Mace was closer to Sidious than Anakin was to Dooku. It wasn't a nearby wall. He was smashed against it at least 15-20 feet away.

It took two seconds for the Lightning to reach Yoda.

No one said he was weak.

Before I begin, let me say that Deus is correct. This argument does not belong here. So if we wish to continue, go dig up the Dooku vs Sidious thread, if there is one.

1. What? 'Unlimited Power' has nothing to do with charging someone out a window. Palpatine overloaded Mace. It is conceivable that Mace died 'before' Palpatine ejected him out the window. There was no scream and Mace was fried by a lot of power. Palpatine kept frying him to get the message across, it seems. The message was: The Dark Side owns you. And so it did.

2. 13 - 16 feet at best. And again. Dooku did it to blast Anakin out of the way. Palpatine did it for torture and for execution.

3. Like I said. When Palpatine blasted Yoda, they were farther apart when Yoda pushed Palpatine. It required that 'two seconds' for the lightning to 'reach' Yoda.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:53 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Before I begin, let me say that Deus is correct. This argument does not belong here. So if we wish to continue, go dig up the Dooku vs Sidious thread, if there is one.

1. What? 'Unlimited Power' has nothing to do with charging someone out a window. Palpatine overloaded Mace. It is conceivable that Mace died 'before' Palpatine ejected him out the window. There was no scream and Mace was fried by a lot of power. Palpatine kept frying him to get the message across, it seems. The message was: The Dark Side owns you. And so it did.

2. 13 - 16 feet at best. And again. Dooku did it to blast Anakin out of the way. Palpatine did it for torture and for execution.

3. Like I said. When Palpatine blasted Yoda, they were farther apart when Yoda pushed Palpatine. It required that 'two seconds' for the lightning to 'reach' Yoda.

No scream? What movie were you watching? Mace was screaming and had his mouth wide open while he was waiting to get blasted.

2. Good point. Dooku could have done a much more powerful blast. Maybe even more powerful that Sidious'!

3. And it required two seconds for the Push to reach Palp.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sorgo
No scream? What movie were you watching? Mace was screaming and had his mouth wide open while he was waiting to get blasted.

2. Good point. Dooku could have done a much more powerful blast. Maybe even more powerful that Sidious'!

3. And it required two seconds for the Push to reach Palp.

1. I meant when he 'fell'...

2. You don't give up. Listen, Sorgo. There is NO evidence that indicates that Count Dooku is more powerful than Palpatine. If anything, it says the reverse. You're naming off POSSIBILITIES. Well, there's a damn good chance that he COULDN'T have fired off a blast stronger than Palpatine's.

3. You don't get it... Yoda was CLOSER to Palpatine when he used the Force push. The blast did not throw him back as far. It was equal distance, and Palpatine recovered TWICE as fast as YODA did.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:13 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

2. You don't give up. Listen, Sorgo. There is NO evidence that indicates that Count Dooku is more powerful than Palpatine. If anything, it says the reverse. You're naming off POSSIBILITIES. Well, there's a damn good chance that he COULDN'T have fired off a blast stronger than Palpatine's.

3. You don't get it... Yoda was CLOSER to Palpatine when he used the Force push. The blast did not throw him back as far. It was equal distance, and Palpatine recovered TWICE as fast as YODA did.
Damn dude, you're good.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tangible God
Damn dude, you're good.

Lol was that pity or sarcasm?

I'm not all that good. Illustrious, or Fishy, or Deus would destroy me, and I'm certain the vast majority of the people here would. But I'm just concerned about Sorgo's view of Dooku.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:20 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol was that pity or sarcasm?

I'm not all that good. Illustrious, or Fishy, or Deus would destroy me, and I'm certain the vast majority of the people here would. But I'm just concerned about Sorgo's view of Dooku.

Nah, you're damn good. Especially for a new person. They wouldn't floor you. Hell, I am having trouble with you! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:24 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no evidence that Palpatine is stronger than Dooku, besides the fact that Sidious is the Master and Dooku is the Apprentice. We have seen it in KOTOR and in some other instances that the Apprentice can sometimes be more cunning or more powerful than the Master. Most of the time, The Master is just smarter.

No, no, no... I don't think *YOU* get it. Sidious TRIED to run after he got blasted. Yoda replied with the Force push and Sidious wanted to Jet.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:26 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please. Dig up another thread...

3. You don't understand Sorgo. Palpatine's fear of Yoda is not a real indication that Yoda's blast was stronger. Kind of like bullies. Palpatine pushed Yoda. Yoda pushed back. Palpatine thought, again, that he could just wipe the floor with Yoda. He was wrong. So, he got scared, and tried to flee. But considering he just executed a brilliant scheme to rule the galaxy, I'd warrant him this. Afterall. If I was confronted with my equal on the proverbial battlefield, and I just got in a seat of power, I'd leave to. No need for risks.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:31 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please. Dig up another thread...

3. You don't understand Sorgo. Palpatine's fear of Yoda is not a real indication that Yoda's blast was stronger. Kind of like bullies. Palpatine pushed Yoda. Yoda pushed back. Palpatine thought, again, that he could just wipe the floor with Yoda. He was wrong. So, he got scared, and tried to flee. But considering he just executed a brilliant scheme to rule the galaxy, I'd warrant him this. Afterall. If I was confronted with my equal on the proverbial battlefield, and I just got in a seat of power, I'd leave to. No need for risks.

Oh my god....

He knew Yoda might have killed him and ruined his plan. So he ran. Why didn't he just run after he blasted Yoda with Lightning? Come on now.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:39 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're not reading.

1. PLEASE USE ANOTHER THREAD. That way, I can respond without repeating this message, and without making it look like I don't have a response.

2. Precisely. You understand. Yoda might have killed him and ruined his plan. Which is why he ran. Actually, his plan was already finished. But now I suspect he wanted to enjoy it. Recall that Luke stated clearly. Palpatine's greatest weakness is his over-confidence. He nailed Yoda good, and Yoda recovered and pushed back. Showing Palpatine that Yoda wasn't powerless, and wasn't easily beaten. So, faced with the possibility of dying, like he nearly did with Mace, he tried to flee. But only when he couldn't, did he fight back. When he blasted Yoda, he thought that he could take him. Until Yoda pushed back. Then he wasn't so sure.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:49 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're not reading.

1. PLEASE USE ANOTHER THREAD. That way, I can respond without repeating this message, and without making it look like I don't have a response.

2. Precisely. You understand. Yoda might have killed him and ruined his plan. Which is why he ran. Actually, his plan was already finished. But now I suspect he wanted to enjoy it. Recall that Luke stated clearly. Palpatine's greatest weakness is his over-confidence. He nailed Yoda good, and Yoda recovered and pushed back. Showing Palpatine that Yoda wasn't powerless, and wasn't easily beaten. So, faced with the possibility of dying, like he nearly did with Mace, he tried to flee. But only when he couldn't, did he fight back. When he blasted Yoda, he thought that he could take him. Until Yoda pushed back. Then he wasn't so sure.

So we agree. Kind of...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:52 AM