KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Matrix: Path of Neo

The Matrix: Path of Neo
Started by: TrAnCeDuO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null

( What other Simlie can replace the Banana I mean it's right there Happy Dance )

I have to choose between this game or Star wars battle front 2.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 01:30 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

This looks good, I'm gonna get it for PS2.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 01:39 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Wow and he made a thread in the off topic about the banana.
Originally posted by Lana
No one cares, and it has nothing to do with the topic.

(( sorry I just thought if was funny lighten up. ))

( What other Simlie can replace the Banana I mean it's right there Happy Dance )

I have to choose between this game or Star wars battle front 2.

I would go for the Matrix because there are hundreds of Sart Wars games, in mutiple copys. You could rent anywhwere the game about anywhere to.

Last edited by Movie_Geek_ on Oct 31st, 2005 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 01:58 AM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Check the New Videos on Ps2 IGN THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING, just look at the fighting

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 05:45 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

Good graphics too. I am surprized that it is for the old systems.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 11:17 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

They're hardly the old systems, plenty of games are coming out for them, and I don't see any "new" ones for sale today.

Thirty Minutes with Path of Neo:
quote:
00:01 Morpheus offers the choice of the red pill or the blue pill. We pick the blue one. The game is over. Does this mean we win?

00:02 Start again. For the sake of variety and gameplay, this time we choose the red pill. After taking it, we’re shot through a mirror into a shadowy hallway. Neo’s hair looks vaguely like it belongs in an impressionist painting, which is weirding us out a little bit. Then again, this is the Matrix, so weirding out is probably a normal state.

00:03 Uniformed men start coming out of a door into the hallway. Is it time to fight? After messing around with the controls for a bit, we get a basic idea of what we’re supposed to be doing, although in our hands, Neo looks much less skilled than he did on the big screen. Nevertheless, dudes are starting to drop to the ground.

00:07 Dead. A screen pops up—apparently, this was just a test to determine the recommended skill level to play at. That’s kind of cool! Not so cool: Apparently, we suck, as the recommended skill level _is “Disciple (easy).” We’re given the choice to accept the recommendation, reject it, or retake the test. We’re comfortable with our inadequacies, so we accept the recommendation.

00:08 Obligatory movie clip, the part when Trinity is kicking butt and then Neo gets the phone call in his cubicle. Gameplay kicks in when Morpheus says to crawl to the facing cube. We make our way out of the office, following the instructions over the phone. It’s pretty cool, although it seems a little pointless to have Neo peeking around cube walls when we have a clear line of sight ourselves.
Continue article
Advertisement

00:11 Made it to the office at the end of the hall. Another movie clip. Now it’s time to head to the roof. Neo crawls around on ledges and scaffolding to get there, but it’s a bit boring because invisible walls block him from heading anywhere other than the direction he’s supposed to go. We’re wondering if choosing the easy level has anything to do with this.

00:15 On the roof. Cops are coming after Neo, but as he has yet to grab a weapon, the only option is to run. Occasionally, the cops will grab him; to get away, we have to mash the Triangle button. If you’re not fast enough, the game gives you the option to retry the level or accept capture, which again ends the game. Do they not want us to play?

00:17 From the roof, Neo dodges into a stairwell and is now trying to reach the ground floor to get out of the building. Every few floors, there’s a gate in place, so it’s necessary to then navigate your way across the floor to a different stairwell to continue downward. On the sixth floor, the agents show up—it’s impossible to escape from their grasp, so they have to be avoided completely.

00:21 We go out the exit to where Trinity is waiting on her bike. This sets off another movie clip, this time a montage of different pieces of the film to let Neo know that he’s the one.

00:23 Training level in which Neo learns combat—the level looks kind of like an underground dungeon. Kung fu is the first item on the agenda, and silent takedowns are the first skill—just sneak up behind someone and press Circle. This is followed by hyperstrikes, lightning strikes, and three-hit combos. We don’t always do as instructed, but the training doesn’t make us go back until we’ve learned.

00:28 Neo is sent into a final battle at the end of the training level. The centerpiece of the room is a big metal battleground with a red scorpion emblazoned on it; this combined with Neo’s ninja-esque outfit gives the whole thing a vaguely Mortal Kombat air.

00:30 After polishing off a few sets of opponents, the final opponent pops up: an old Asian guy wearing a shirt with flames on it and a pair of canary-yellow pants. He might look like a crazy dude wandering the streets, but he’s substantially tougher than his _predecessors. Nevertheless, Neo makes quick work of him, and the martial arts training comes to an end

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 11:26 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Sounds fun...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 01:24 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

what was all that

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 02:37 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the combat engine appears reworked to give players the ability to dodge and retaliate nearly simultaneously. the weapons mixed with the kicking and punching pretty well, but not flawlessly. It also looks like most of the techniques can be abused over and over again though...

http://media.putfile.com/Burly-Brawl-Clips

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/696/...id_1297343.html

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:14 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

I need help on Red Pill Chase. im stuck on Security Guard and Librarian. Could someone help me through it?

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 11:19 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

anyone?

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 05:48 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought i'd be getting this game, but I just don't know.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 08:06 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Layden
The Hero

Yea i keep seeing ther trailer for this game and it look sso amazing but im sceptical cause i dont tough combat system.......and i liked enter the matrix it wasnt the gartest game but it gave me a chance to pull off some of the stuff from the movies wich was cool.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 11:26 PM
Layden is currently offline Click here to Send Layden a Private Message Find more posts by Layden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

So is this game good ?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 07:39 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I'd say so, It's a whole new kind of game and for the first time ever u can play as neo and stop bullet's and do stuf that u can't do in any of the other matrix games.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 07:44 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

I might get it when I get some cash.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 08:45 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

So is this game good ?
I'm enjoying it so far (I rented it)... but you only become really untouchable when you start doing those "beat up 3 people at one time" combos

overall its probably the best matrix shiny has come up with so far..

my only complaint is probably that the animations get clunky, and will sometimes overshoot the environments. Like you'll get stuck in the bullet-time jump kick combo.. and you'll wind up falling off of something.. stuff like that

Originally posted by The Ones
I need help on Red Pill Chase. im stuck on Security Guard and Librarian. Could someone help me through it?

do the other 2 first before doing Library and security guard..I believe youll get a helpful 6-hit combo from the "Skull" level.. the one with the zen artist

Library - stay close to the red pill when fighting off the agents, to make sure they dont start shooting her.. I beat up the agents until they died basically.. there are enough health pack to keep you going in the sequences that follow

Security guard - when you gotta fight off the agent at the top.. make sure to kill all the enemy police officers to deny the agent a host body.. otherwise its fighting the same agent over and over until he runs out of bodies

always deny agents host bodies.. it makes fighting them much easier

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Nov 29th, 2005 at 08:27 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 08:22 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

One of the worst games ever for this time, they could of done so much better with the gameplay and Graphics. What were they thinking?

Ive sold mine now cause it was crap after you have completed it

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 11:13 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

I liked it, it some parts it was brilliant, other's lacking, overall good.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 03:32 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

is this for the 360, or the regular xbox?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 04:35 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote