KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » OBI-WAN

OBI-WAN
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Maker

Jedi

Jedi's aren't celibate although romance is looked down upon by the council as it is seen as a distraction. The Jedi fight for peace and justice and love comes into that.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2000 09:10 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solardarth

malastare

I think he was born on malastare,the same with qui-gon, note the little remark about malastare

Old Post Aug 5th, 2000 11:01 PM
Xizor

Re: malastare

Malastare was mentioned because it was a planet Lucas made up long ago but it was never spoken of in the OT. God forbid GL has people mention planets he didn't invent. As for it being Ob1's home planet I doubt it, they wouldn't mention it unless it fit into the storyline, and there won't be time for that.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2000 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Malastare

Noting Malastare because of the pod races, doesn't imply anything towards the birthplace of Qui-Gon and/or Obi-wan. Malastare is known galaxy-wide for pod racing, refer to the offical site www.starwars.com

Old Post Aug 6th, 2000 02:48 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tom Gon Jinn

Qui Gon etc...

I heard somewhere males who marry on Tatooine take their wife's name, going back to the original disscussion. Also, I suspect Obi and Qui were born on Coruscant, as Qui Gon said something like 'he and every other Jedi he knew were born in the Republic', in the novel,so itis most probably Coruscant, or maybe a new planet we will see in Episode II or III.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2000 05:10 PM
Xizor

Re: Qui Gon etc...

The Republic was pretty big Tom, millions of planets were under it's rule. Those two could have been born anywhere.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2000 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

True but I think such well-known Jedi would be born in the Core Worlds: Coruscant, Abregado-rae, Alderaan, Chandrila, Kuat, Ralltiir. Only other sectors logically fitting a bithplace in my views are the Corellian Sector and The Colonies.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2000 12:02 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I posted this a while ago but still don't really have an answer. Do any of the knew people know where he was born?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2000 10:42 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I don't, but in my opinion it's irrelevant to the character.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 03:17 AM
DiEbyDaGuNZ

his homeworld is always listed as "unknown"

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 03:27 AM
Xizor

Hence Lucas considers it irrelevent.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 03:30 AM
Dim
Creativity

Isn't this one of the things that has always been off limits for writers because Lucas didn't want them messing too much with OB1's background?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 08:30 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

That's very true Dim. UBH, did you notice that Minok responded on this topic? I think if you did some EZBoard/IP address research you could find him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 08:34 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

I doubt Minok is returining, sadly enough. If you check his profile the most recent post was July 27, almost a month ago.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 12:10 PM
KJ
Sausages

I think Obi-Wan was born on Alderaan now. He is supposed to be good friends with Bail Organa and so maybe they have known each other all their lives. It would also make the scene when Alderaan is destroyed more important, especially when Obi-Wan feels that something terrible has happened.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2000 11:47 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah but he doesn't feel especially sad about it...
As for OB1 and Bail, I think they develope a friendship during the Clone Wars. If OB1 is from Alderaan he wouldn't have known Bail anyway since he was taken by the Jedi as a baby...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I agree with Dim. No toddler-related kinship is between OB1 and Bail, just the fact that they worked together during the Clone Wars. Also OB1 is a jedi, of course he can sense something terrible that's happened. Maybe if he became "weak in the knees" or had exceptional feelings for the incident than that could be apparent.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2000 10:14 AM
KJ
Sausages

But don't you think that it would make that scene even more important if it was Obi-Wans home planet? Saying Obi-Wan didn't seem that sad is true but that's something that's always bothered me about Star Wars. Owen and Beru are murdered and Luke isn't that sad either. He is more sad when Ben dies even though he hardly knows him. And Leia wasn't that sad when Alderaan was destroyed. What's wrong with these people?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2000 01:29 AM
Ratcat

Going back about 15 posts or so, as you bring up the subject of deaths. If Obi-Wan and Owen were brothers, wouldn't it be likely that he would have "felt" his death? After all they would have been in relatively close proximity as the time that the Stormtroopers killed Owen and Beru.

I know he could have ignored it in Lukes presence but still...

Also, I like the idea of Obi-Wan coming from Alderaan, it would make the destruction sensing scene all the more meaningful for his character.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2000 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Notice how Luke said that then right after Obi-Wan "Don't go luke!!" Why would he say that unless he knew that this had happened, I think he Knew from the start of that whole Sandcrawler scene.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2000 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote