KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?

Whats your favorite Roger Moore James Bond movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Live and Let Die 12 16.67%
The Man With The Golden Gun 10 13.89%
The Spy Who Loved Me 26 36.11%
MoonRaker 3 4.17%
For Your Eyes Only 10 13.89%
Octopussy 5 6.94%
A View To A Kill 6 8.33%
Total: 72 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bakerboy

For me, Roger Moore was the best second Bond, almost tied with Connery. He bring some sense of humor to the character and the series, and it worked very well. But it didnt work anymore in the last two movies. He was very old for the role and the humour was more and more chessy. Here is my ranking:

1: The spy who loved me ( the best one without a doubt)
2: Live and let die ( great movie and very original to the series.)
3: The man with the golden gun( Chris Lee, what a villain.)
4: For you eyes only( less than the others, but still good)
5: Moonraker( pretty corny, only like some action scenes and the Shirley Bassey theme)
6: Octopussy( evern more corny, and moore was too old)
7: a view to kill( Chris Walken was a fine villain, but again Moore was too old and the sense of humour doesnt work like in the others. )

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 11:19 AM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fianchettoer
Croquet mangler

Yeah, A View to a Kill was Moore's worst film, but it was 10 times better than Die Another Day if you ask me. What a POS

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 09:00 PM
Fianchettoer is currently offline Click here to Send Fianchettoer a Private Message Find more posts by Fianchettoer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

No doubt there.Yeah Die Another Day is easily the worst Bond movie ever.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 05:41 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

This one for me is a no brainer....The Spy Who Loved Me, no question about it!!!!!

Not only is it my fav. Roger Moore Bond film, its my fav. Bond film of all that have been made.

The reasons: Moore was at the top of his game, great presence, charm, grit, and toughness. Great song, "Nobody DOes it better", great villian, and perhaps the best reason....BARBARA BACH!!!!!!!! IMO, the hottest Bond woman EVER!!!!! No doubt in my mind.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:16 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoyScoutKevin

Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?

No reason, or, at least, I can't think of a reason, but for me, it's "The Spy Who Loved Me."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 08:09 PM
BoyScoutKevin is currently offline Click here to Send BoyScoutKevin a Private Message Find more posts by BoyScoutKevin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

great choice. thumb up Yeah for the reasons I mentioned earlier,that one is my favorite as well.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 06:11 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I saw LIVE AND LET DIE the other day.It had been a long time since I ad seen that one.that is a very close second to my favorite The spy who loved me.I didnt remember it being so great but it is. thumb up

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 03:26 PM
Wanderer11
Stalker

For me it would have to be The Spy Who Loved Me. It's the first time we meet Jaws and Barbara Bach is absolutely gorgeous!!

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 01:40 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Live and let die

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 7th, 2008 06:02 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I dont get it.first I got to remind the people who post on the sean conney james bond thread,that there is a roger moore bond thread to post on as well cause they dont post here.NOW someone posts HERE but on the connery bond thread.I just cant win.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 09:59 PM
Spartan005

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bakerboy
For me, Roger Moore was the best second Bond, almost tied with Connery. He bring some sense of humor to the character and the series, and it worked very well. But it didnt work anymore in the last two movies. He was very old for the role and the humour was more and more chessy. Here is my ranking:

1: The spy who loved me ( the best one without a doubt)
2: Live and let die ( great movie and very original to the series.)
3: The man with the golden gun( Chris Lee, what a villain.)
4: For you eyes only( less than the others, but still good)
5: Moonraker( pretty corny, only like some action scenes and the Shirley Bassey theme)
6: Octopussy( evern more corny, and moore was too old)
7: a view to kill( Chris Walken was a fine villain, but again Moore was too old and the sense of humour doesnt work like in the others. )

same here, but I think moonraker should actually be switched with view to a kill... even though it had a ridiculously cool opening

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 8th, 2008 01:01 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

so do you have a favorite sean connery James Bond movie?

Old Post May 8th, 2008 02:54 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

yeah, Moonraker should be the lowest

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 10th, 2008 08:42 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I dont get it.first I got to remind the people who post on the sean conney james bond thread,that there is a roger moore bond thread to post on as well cause they dont post here.NOW someone posts HERE but on the connery bond thread.I just cant win.

Like i said,I just cant win.First you post your favorite sean connery james Bond movie on the sean connery thread but dont bother to put in your favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie on the Roger Moore thread here,NOW two posters come HERE and post their favorite Roger Moore james Bond movie,but dont post on the sean connery thread of what their favorite sean connery Bond movie is. mad I just cant win.sheesh. sad

Old Post May 14th, 2008 03:17 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

perhaps you can ask a moderator to move those posts?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:16 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

TMWTGG and FYEO

Old Post May 21st, 2008 02:15 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by History Buff
This one for me is a no brainer....The Spy Who Loved Me, no question about it!!!!!

Not only is it my fav. Roger Moore Bond film, its my fav. Bond film of all that have been made.

The reasons: Moore was at the top of his game, great presence, charm, grit, and toughness. Great song, "Nobody DOes it better", great villian, and perhaps the best reason....BARBARA BACH!!!!!!!! IMO, the hottest Bond woman EVER!!!!! No doubt in my mind.

I just saw The Spy Who Loved me again recently and its the same for me.The Spy Who Loved Me really is a no brainer for me as well on which is my favorite Bond movie.I also have The Spy Who Loved Me ranked not only as my favorite Roger Moore Bond film,but my favorite Bond film of all time as well.

The reasons being that Moore is my favorite James Bond,the Lotus Sutra is the coolest car in the james bond movies,great opening sequence with the jet ski chase and then him jumping off the cliff to parachute and hearing the song immediately following-Nobody Does It Better.which is my favorite James Bond song,followed closely by FOR YOUR EYES ONLY,Jaws is probably the most dangerous villian he ever faced.such a good villian he got brought back for another flick,and I also agree completely with History Buff in his opinion that this Bond movie is the best of them all because of BARBARA BACH being in it.

I also share his opinion that she is the hottest Bond woman EVER!!!!!! after rewatching this movie again for the first time in ages-and I have seen the other Bond films as well recently,I totally agree with his taste that she is the hottest BOND girl EVER and she has the sweetest voice. that being the case,THE SPY WHO LOVED ME wins as my favorite Bond movie ever,hands down.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 05:22 PM
Mr Parker

its awesome to see so many people agree with me that The Spy Who Loved Me is their favorite as well. Happy Dance

Old Post May 27th, 2008 04:00 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think I liked The Spy Who Loved me the best, but I don't remember why.

Old Post May 27th, 2008 05:43 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

probably because of the same reasons me and history buff have. smile

Old Post May 27th, 2008 05:52 PM