KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » OK, Burton is a moron when it comes to Batman...

OK, Burton is a moron when it comes to Batman...
Started by: Harvey Dent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cascador
more childish behaviour? lol...so funny actually but also annoying
you can't turn around what Burton did, you didn't like it...GET OVER IT!stick out tongue

just because I did something YOU did once,resurrect a thread that died a long time ago I am now childish but your not? you cripple your arguments as always.Lol.here you are telling me to ignore it when you and others bring back an old dead thread where the discussion ended MONTHS ago ,yet YOU cant take a thread being brought back that only ended weeks ago.what a hypocrite. At least I dont do what many other annoying people do around here in the batman section and bring back an old dead thread from MONTHS ago.Im done wasting my time with your insane posts,meet my ignore list kid.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:10 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Juntai
The 1989 Batman movie wasn't that great, and probably should have been called "The Joker" because it's obvious that's who Burton was telling the story about, likewise Batman Returns was a movie led along by villains as well.

Overall the movie sucked, the images and stuff were badass, scenery and all... what it came down to, is that Jack Nicholson is the shiznit.

yeah it sucked like all the burton/schumacher batman movies did.Thats just one example on why the burton batman movies are such crappy films is because like you said,they focused so much on the villians and very little focus and attention was paid to batman.He was just a supporting character.Thats exacly what the first film should have been called is THE JOKER.Many batman fans have said that over the year many times because its so true,I mean it would be one thing if it was a tv episode from a tv series to have the movie all about the joker,but not a movie,a movie is a special case.Yeah I remember when batman 89 came out,many of my coworkers at my job back then were saying-dont go see batman 89,that movie sucks big time.That movie should have been called The Joker,thats all that movie was all about,Batman was hardly in the film at all.Thats why I love the new batman begins film because Nolan shows what a liar and idiot Burton is when it comes to batman films.Now the whole world knows that Burton lied about the joker killing his parents. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Batman Begins is not so loyal to the comics either.Everyone knows Batman had a hand in creating the Joker.But that's clearly not the case in BB.

Damn shame IMO.It was one of the most unique things about their relationship.Batman inadvertantly created The Joker.

Also Ra's Al Ghul never trained Bruce Wayne,Lucius Fox never provided him with all his gadgets etc.

Need I go on?? So for all the B89 bashers,don't think BB is 100% loyal either.Because it's not.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:28 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

BB wasnt 100% loyal, but the changes made it better rather than worse i guess. There will always be changes in comic-movie films but i say 'either change it for the better or dont change it at all' just my opinion

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 06:52 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Yeah, BB's changes are genuine improvements. I mean, well, it isn't actually proven that Batman made the Joker as it were, it's just 1 possible origin. How can an event remembered in Joker's sick mind be taken as true? And the Ra's and Lucius things tied the film together better. That's why movies are tougher... so you go and think: what's better... a non- explained film or a slightly altered but vastly improved film? BB rules OK

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 07:08 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Actually Nightfall Ock agrees with us that BB is the best Batman adaptation ever and better than the burton batfilms,he just doesnt understand it that the burton batman movies were as much of a disgrace to the batman mythos as the schumacher films were. wink

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:21 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Silverstein
BB wasnt 100% loyal, but the changes made it better rather than worse i guess. There will always be changes in comic-movie films but i say 'either change it for the better or dont change it at all' just my opinion

Yeah I've never said that BB was a 100% loyal to the comic but like you said,it made it better though instead of worse.Im all for changes just as long as they are reasonable,but things like Bats killing the joker or the joker killing his parents damaged the credibility of the film where the changes doc mentioned didnt damage the credibility of the film.theres a difference between minor and major changes,minor changes dont affect the credibility of the film where major changes do.All Bruce wanted to do to the joker when he found out he killed his parents was kill him-that goes against everything that the character of batman is.That would be like James Bond all of a sudden turning gay and not liking women anymore,no difference. eek! I mean can you imiagine the green goblin being the villian who kills peter parkers parents? same thing,no difference,pointless and stupid.Batman got his revenge when he killed the joker,he might as well have hung up the cowl at that point and stopped fighting crime.horrible screenwriting.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:31 PM
Cascador

resurrect...actually I found that thread by accident, I just posted on it with no thinking if it's old or not...I didn't care...I just cared what was said on that thread! A bunch of childish quotes especially from you Mr. Parker! A guy who doesn't respect another ones' opinion like I said on the other thread..Ignore me if you want...doesn't change a bit...You still stay a kid that whines too much about Burton's films...

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:20 AM
Cascador is currently offline Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Ha, and every1 loves Joel now, do they? Cos hardly anyone moans as much about him as Burtons orn Nolans...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 04:59 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Huh? you lost me there on that one nightfall? and cascader,im glad you like like talking to yourself. stick out tongue big grin big grin

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 06:03 PM
Cascador

talking to myself?...you responded to me...otherwise how could you know I was talking about you big grin stick out tongue
Not that I care that you responded or read what I said, kiddo!
Go on and give mommy a hug before you go to sleep...wink

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 06:56 PM
Cascador is currently offline Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Tut tout, Parker, you should have been in bed an 2 hours ago! evil face smokin' Happy Dance miffed devil rock smart

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 07:00 PM
Kovacs86

It's my army of smilies! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 07:01 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Knightfall93
Tut tout, Parker, you should have been in bed an 2 hours ago! evil face smokin' Happy Dance miffed devil rock smart

your posts are getting more and more confusing to me all the time Knightfall. big grin confused confused

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 05:56 PM
Batman Returns

Re: OK, Burton is a moron when it comes to Batman...

Originally posted by Harvey Dent
OK, Burton is a moron when it comes to Batman...I just saw Batman (1989) for the first time since I was a kid and noticed that Batman has heavy artillery equipped in his Batmobile and Batwing (chainguns, explosives, etc.) and tried to gun down the Joker and blows up buildings.

The movies seemed really bad to me an I don't see why Batman fans like this movie. (Unlike the first Superman movie which seems to have represented him correctly.)

Batman doesn't use guns or gun people down. Thus, Burton is very foolish when he was representing this character.

(please log in to view the image)

you are the fool.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 12:48 AM
Batman Returns is currently offline Click here to Send Batman Returns a Private Message Find more posts by Batman Returns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

let's not call any names, shall we gentlemen...I'm sure we can debate on this in a more civilized waywink

(except for a few people of course huhum...)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 01:39 AM
Padmé Amidala
The Bride of Cascador

Burton did something that alot of people thought wasnt possible............ He made Batman cool, cause alot of people were left with the scars of the Adam West days. He wasnt as faithful to the comics but thats not a bad thing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 02:16 AM
Padmé Amidala is currently offline Click here to Send Padmé Amidala a Private Message Find more posts by Padmé Amidala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Yes, it is! Batman left behind the days of murdering goons in the '40s! I hate Burton's soddin' mass murdering psychopath!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 11:32 AM
Kovacs86

And Mr Parker is a dum @$$

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 11:33 AM
Mr Parker

First you go and insult doc ock knightfall Now you are insulting me,name calling around here will get you banned,doc already warned you about that,dont give him more ammunition to use to report you.I was just simply asking you what you meant in your last post,no need to act like that.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 07:39 PM