KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » King Kong: Best CGI character ever

King Kong: Best CGI character ever
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insomniatric
The Spider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spartan005
Am I the only one that thinks Godzilla (1998) looked Amazing?

Godzilla had pretty good CGI, it looked excellent when they had him running down New York at night being chased by helicopters, but during the day time it wasn't very good.

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 10:29 PM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Placidity
Others I think that looked perfectly (or almost...) authentic:

* Ironman
* Optimus Prime (+ Others, the physics was perfect)
* Yoda
* Venom
* Gollum
* Davy Jones
* Nightcrawler

Edit: And yes the T-Rex as stated above.

lol, SM3 venom looked better than Kong? That was the worst venom i've ever seen. The skinny dude from that 70's show was Eddie Brock? And where was his infamous slasher tounge. He didn't even talk like Venom, or used "Venom-speak". He had a bedroom voice. He wasn't even musclebound and tall like comicbook venom is. And Optomus Prime didn't eve look metal.

Kong looked like a real-life, genuine Silver-back Gorilla. And this was more than a year before venom and OP came out on film.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 07:54 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Kong really is one of the best CGI characters to date. Just his emotions, actions, and look are almost unbelievable in quality.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 08:09 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

I "Beowulf" had some pretty damn good animation.

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 12:20 AM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
titus1171
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any CGI done by Peter Jackson/Weta, including King Kong, LotR, District 9, etc.
Davy Jones, Kraken, and other stuff from PotC
T-Rex and other dinosaurs from JP series
Yoda
Transformers
Iron Man

T-Rex from JP is probably the best
during the daytime scenes, Godzilla from the 1998 film were the worst

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 09:36 AM
titus1171 is currently offline Click here to Send titus1171 a Private Message Find more posts by titus1171 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
titus1171
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AttentionPlease
I got a question did that black guy die when he fell to the ground on Kong island??

Yes he did. Kong killing him was the reason I didn't feel so bad when he got clipped at the end. Racist gorilla big grin

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 09:37 AM
titus1171 is currently offline Click here to Send titus1171 a Private Message Find more posts by titus1171 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bushinobi
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:53 PM
Bushinobi is currently offline Click here to Send Bushinobi a Private Message Find more posts by Bushinobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Kong is definitely the best CGI character to date, but some great works have been produced aside from Kong such as the dinosaurs from the Jurassic Park movies, Clover from Cloverfield, Godzilla from the 1998 film, Optimus Prime, Davy Jones, and many others.

And then there have been terrible works involving CGI but I'd rather not go into that.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 06:51 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Perhaps, but I still perfer 1933 stop motion Kong over the CGI Kong, I think the 1933 one look a bit more real.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 01:59 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Butcher
Marvelous

Kong is one of the best CGI characters out there,another is Godzilla( I thought they all looked good).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 05:27 AM
The Butcher is currently offline Click here to Send The Butcher a Private Message Find more posts by The Butcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, other than the Na' Vi. Kong remains as the best Cgi character. To bad the Brontosaraus stampede couldn't have looked as impressive as, Kong.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 03:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Na'vi facial expressions give kong's expression a run for the money.

but it's all good though. weta digital did both creatures. and things have only gotten better.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 14th, 2010 01:13 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo010
Restricted

Account Restricted

the king kong CGI animation is really excellent art work ever. I watched this tuff... and still like it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 05:52 AM
neo010 is currently offline Click here to Send neo010 a Private Message Find more posts by neo010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Wow. is King Kong still the best cgi looking character more that half a decade after i posted this thread..

my answer is : yes.

he looks the realest to the realest thing..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 6th, 2011 05:55 AM
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

Jar Jar Binks was the best CGI, because people actually hated him. A CGI character!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2011 09:55 AM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moggo09
Restricted

Account Restricted

nice sharing

lose man boobs

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 09:47 AM
moggo09 is currently offline Click here to Send moggo09 a Private Message Find more posts by moggo09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Now it’s a tie in between Thanos and the Lion King ..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 01:53 AM
econtentSsixpl

No doubt King Kong - Best CGI character ever but every character have it's own and different animation, and style. So the transformer and wall-e have also fantstic CGI character animation.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2019 01:24 PM
econtentSsixpl is currently offline Click here to Send econtentSsixpl a Private Message Find more posts by econtentSsixpl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark01
Restricted

Account Restricted

ffddfdfd

Old Post Aug 21st, 2022 06:16 PM
Mark01 is currently offline Click here to Send Mark01 a Private Message Find more posts by Mark01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mark01
Restricted

Account Restricted

ыфлфвлдфд

Old Post Aug 21st, 2022 06:22 PM
Mark01 is currently offline Click here to Send Mark01 a Private Message Find more posts by Mark01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote