KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Captain Marvel (dc)

Respect Captain Marvel (dc)
Started by: Valeciano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Find the weak points? Of course I have lots of weak points just like you or any other being on this planet. I am not here to judge or hate. I found a simple similarity with the fabric belt and the circus. If I may, languages are the same, they have a tone, a timing, and a purpose and if you are smart enough you may understand all of them, I mean understand not translate. I bet you can understand me, no need to upset yourself, not my intention. Am I wrong?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 02:20 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I think we owe Alex Ross for bringing the Godly feeling out of his version of Captain Marvel - showing how magnificent he can look. I've had a liking for him since my childhood, watching the live-action show on Saturday mornings. He was the best-selling comic of the 1940's - all while being sued by Superman's owner's - because he had a wish fulfillment for children; Billy Batson was a boy who could change at will into a super-powered grownup.
His costume is still perfect of it's period and unique - Persian in inspiration, like a sorceror; the single-shoulder cape is inspired by pre-WWI nobility, and a sash instead of drawers/swim trunks. They could muss his hair a little; he was modeled after Fred MacMurray.
Yes, too bad Marvel didn't buy him decades ago - but what would it cost now? I think I would take him over some other Marvel hero, starts with an 'S', who...oh. Sentry. shifty

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 04:38 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:34 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Armwrestles Supes for the second time. Lasts over 2 hours.

(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:35 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Captain Marvel is the man. Well he's second to Supes but he's still close enough.

Not many guys can slug it out with Supes.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...permanandCM.jpg

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:38 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Cap and Supes in a friendly handshake.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:46 PM
jrodslam

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:49 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jose123

Who was the first to fly under his own power?

NAMOR WAS!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:19 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
NAMOR WAS!

Captain Marvel don't need no girlie wings to fly!!!!!!

Namors a Pansy!!!!!!

YOU KNOW ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:33 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Jose123
Captain Marvel don't need no girlie wings to fly!!!!!!

Namors a Pansy!!!!!!

YOU KNOW ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Pfft. Real men need no ridicolous magic to help them fly! Namor uses his own flesh and bones to fly! Cut vocal cords from Billy Batson and he can fly as much as I can.

Namor will beat the ass of that pansy 16-year old kid back to Shazam! rock

(Nah, Capt.Marvel is cool)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:43 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Damn...I just realised...is Namor the first flying superhero?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:44 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Namor will beat the ass of that pansy 16-year old kid back to Shazam! rock

Namor has pretty much no chance against CM. He can beat Billy Batson though. eek!

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:57 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Meh...he could hang around with CM for a minute or so. He's after all gone toe to toe with Thor and Hulk..

But even I could beat Billy Batson.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:58 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Meh...he could hang around with CM for a minute or so. He's after all gone toe to toe with Thor and Hulk..

But even I could beat Billy Batson.

DC Power houses are way stronger than Marvel power houses like hulk or Thor.

I'd say he'd last a minute before someone like Black Adam smacks him away.

Anyone notice how DC is trying to copy Namors looks and personality into Black Adams.

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:10 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

True. yes

Come on, you already got Aquaman, why do you want copy him off to another character!?

Well...I guess he's just so cool.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:13 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Lost at birth

BA
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Blackadambw.png
Namor
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../59/Namor01.png

can anyone get scans of kingdom come
***SPOILERS****

When Cap Marvel says Shazam one last time and sacrifices himself to detonate the NUKE. Or scans of the whole kingdom come. Superman fight would be nice.

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:21 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I can get the scans. smile

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:30 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

I can get the scans. smile

them show them here Dammit!!!!

Please!!!!

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:33 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:54 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Ah, this debate of DC Universe is more powerful versus Marvel - no proof. Power is spread out differently in both places, they aren't the same, yadayada.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 08:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote