KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
This poll is closed.
Superman 12 85.71%
Captain Marvel 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

"Capt. Ripoff" outsold Superman, and was the best-selling book in the USA for ten years in the 1940's, before Superman's publishers closed him down - a move that wouldn't happen today.

Don't show your ignorance for another person's choice of preference by making insults. Both characters have their place. It just took DC a LONG time to start moving Captain Marvel to the forefront, post-crisis.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 06:26 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
"Capt. Ripoff" outsold Superman, and was the best-selling book in the USA for ten years in the 1940's, before Superman's publishers closed him down - a move that wouldn't happen today.

You're right, it won't happen today thanks to copyright infringement.

Capt. Ripoff owes monetary reparations to the Man of Steel but it won't happen.

Too bad.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:24 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
You're right, it won't happen today thanks to copyright infringement.

Capt. Ripoff owes monetary reparations to the Man of Steel but it won't happen.

Too bad.

Look at all the characters much closer to being Superman clones than Marvel - Gladiator, Supreme, Sentry, to name a few. They haven't had their publishing house closed, or been sued in court. Times are different.
It would actually be nice to have Shazam at Marvel - he'd get a better shake.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 05:24 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Superman is better, he's done more, is more respectable, and blah blah blah. Plus he's also cooler...I mean, Superman acts like a total *** way too much, but I just hate the idea of a kid becoming a superhero like that, and I'm not a fan of magic, and then on top of that, look at Marvel's costume...lol. Kal-El is a lot cooler than Billy in a lot of ways, and has had more popularity (and thusly, more amazing and heroic feats), and therefore wins lol.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 08:37 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenobi

Superman is not stronger than Capt. Marvel. Whoever thinks that does not know their comics. Capt. Marvel has always been written to stand toe-to-toe with Superman on equal footing.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:38 AM
kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

capt marvel does stand toe to toe with superman, but his strength dwindles and supermans gets stronger, thats the difference, hence why the man of steel beats CM if he stays in close quarters with SM.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 05:50 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

actually SM has said he doesn't like to go toe to toe with Cap due to his magic doh I cannot remember the comic but uts batman and sm vs hawkman and cap

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 07:03 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Captain Marvel is a fantastic hero.

He's noble, powerful and good-hearted, full of kind words and deeds.

He's also the only DC Superhero who can physical match Superman pound for pound in terms of pure physical prowess.

He's roughly as fast as Supes. Roughly as strong. Roughly as durable.

But despite Marvel being such an awesome hero and despite him being so very powerful, Superman is something that Captain Marvel still is not.

A legend.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 10:28 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenobi

Just about every time that Cap. Marvel and Superman fight, Cap is knocking Superman out. Nuff said. big grin

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 08:39 AM
kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

"Capt. Ripoff was made because of Superman.

Capt. Ripoff is a Superman clone and whoever picked Capt. Ripoff isn't very knowledgeable or completely ignorant to the fact the Superman is the better Superhero by 10 times.

Capt. Ripoff is a Mortal from earth. Superman is an immortal planetary and galactic Superhero. nuff said"

Its the same as saying Superman is a Doc Savage/Hercules rip off.

Oh wait....

This question will never be answered due to the fact they are always show and always will be as rougly equals.

I personally like Marvel more. Has that fantasy part going for him.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 05:37 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glimmerone

What ZephroCarnelian said concerning their stats is true. They are matched well in different ways concerning their powers. They both have everlasting power sources. I think it was said somewhere that as captain marvel/billy grows in age/time having power and experience with the power of shazam, that one day he would no longer need the wizard to become captain marvel and that he doesn't fully tap into the power of shazam due to lack of maturity with it. Superman and captain marvel are virtually immortal, captain marvel doesn't age and superman won't age due to solar power which fills his cells and fuels his bio-matrix/kryptonian physiology. The more sun light supes absorbs, the more constant his power and life attributes become and he will stop aging and it will be very difficult for him to lose power when away from a yellow star or if someone tries to absorb his power. Also, captain marvel has powers that many people are unaware of, most people think that he's just superman level in strength, speed, and invulnerability. However, he has the ability to see through illusions and sense magical entities/disturbances cause by use of magic/magic beings and a few other powers due to the power of shazam.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 09:18 PM
Glimmerone is currently offline Click here to Send Glimmerone a Private Message Find more posts by Glimmerone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by roughrider

Don't show your ignorance for another person's choice of preference by making insults. Both characters have their place. It just took DC a LONG time to start moving Captain Marvel to the forefront, post-crisis.
Sad stuff. Supes can fly instead of just leaping tall buildings because of Cap'n Marvel. CM's better than Supes(all the "superman ripoffs" are). Only reason Supes is more famous is because DC put CM on the backburner so he wouldn't continue to outshine Supes. You know you suck when your imitators appear and become more popular than you are.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 03:10 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by brainchild81
CM's better than Supes(all the "superman ripoffs" are).

I disagree. And wasn't Namor the first one to fly.

Last edited by Femi32 on Mar 13th, 2006 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:42 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Yep, but Supes didn't start until after C.M., who was more popular @ the time. You know you suck when you have to imitate your imitatorssmile

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:52 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

I know you don't like Supes, but what are your reasons for not liking him?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:56 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Lame costume. No personality. Too many powers @ too high of a degree. The "glasses" thing. Actually getting even more powerful. Given preference over characters that should logically hand him is @$$ merely because he's an icon. Just some of these problems'd have been bad. All of them in one is horrible.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:18 AM
HaSon

CM's better than Supes(all the "superman ripoffs" are).

Someone hasn't read Liefeld's Supreme...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:28 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Lame costume. No personality. Too many powers @ too high of a degree. The "glasses" thing. Actually getting even more powerful. Given preference over characters that should logically hand him is @$$ merely because he's an icon. Just some of these problems'd have been bad. All of them in one is horrible.

His costume isn't that bad. He could use a new one.

No personality? Most will disagree. Have you made an attempt to read his comics? If he had no personality, he wouldn't be selling comics.

Too many powers? Silver Surfer has too many powers. He's the most over powered character, ever, but he fights people more powerful than him, so it's okay.

Glasses? They're just glasses.

Getting more powerful? I don't think he should get more powerful, but he's still not over powered in the DC universe.

Preference over characters? He's been defeated before. Every character has a jobber aura. Look at Wolverine. He shouldn't last long against the Hulk. Even Spider-man made a fool out of the Hulk.

Attachment: new suit for superman.jpg
This has been downloaded 174 time(s).

Last edited by Femi32 on Mar 13th, 2006 at 05:38 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:36 AM
Femi32

Originally posted by The Ion
Someone hasn't read Liefeld's Supreme...

What about Supreme?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:39 AM
omaga
hope

superman everytime!

Attachment: superman-tom.jpg
This has been downloaded 164 time(s).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 01:28 PM
omaga is currently offline Click here to Send omaga a Private Message Find more posts by omaga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote