KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Why T3 doesn't stand up.

Why T3 doesn't stand up.
Started by: chriscaffee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

We get twits like him around here all the time, i've learnt to ignore them completely stick out tongue

Take your attitude somewhere else "Undertaker".

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 09:27 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
I think it badly needed more characterization. I mean Connor and Brewster were basically just cardboard cut-outs, no real depth to them.

It all happened too quickly, they needed to prolong the middle stages, build up the tension a little.

Yep. That, and there was no real plot device for the T-X. She was just there to 'kill John and Kate'. That stuff could've been fleshed out a little more.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:35 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

It was better than Blade:Trinity

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:09 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It was better than Blade:Trinity

Sure was! smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:57 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

I'm not a big fan of T3 but one good idea of the movie was to send a Terminator back in time to kill JC's future lieutenants. That was quite a good concept.

Merry Xmas everybody!!!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 09:22 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Depprived

I didn't like it T3 much and I'm glad I'm not alone.

A major flaw was that I just couldn't take Arnie getting his arse kicked by a woman (Terminator or not) seriously!

I could not connect with the recast John Connor either.

Plus, there was nothing really new about it. T1 had badass Evil Arnie and obviously T2 had Good Arnie but that was OK because we still had the awesome T1000. So in T3 we had Good Arnie was again, nothing new there and the TX who was not different enough from the T1000. It just didn't feel like it broke any new ground like the first 2 did.

Also, it just felt wrong without Linda Hamilton.

I wish I was looking forward to T4 but I'm not. sad

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:31 AM
Depprived is currently offline Click here to Send Depprived a Private Message Find more posts by Depprived Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote