KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why was Mace Windu's Posse so lame?

Why was Mace Windu's Posse so lame?
Started by: jeremiahbllfrg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Agen Kolar's death was understandable with the quick thrust and all, but he had been FACING AWAY from Palpatine. WHY again was he doing that?

Saesse Tiin's death was reasonable too. Kolar just got pwnd and he barely had time to accomodate to the situation.

Kit Fisto's was alright, he lasted about 8 seconds, we even saw a few twirls and spins.

But MACE! He had ample time to slice out Palpatine's knees or something. But no, the Token Black Guy stood there lauging as his posse was shredded.......dumbass.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
craft-a-saber
a target for arseholes

what we need to focus on here is palps lightsaber notice how he looks as though he has never fought with one before he actually sort of reminds me of my little sister when we went to a small pitch and putt golf club needless to say we were removed after 20 mins after we failed to pull her putter out of the water

yes the fact that maces posse of masters got wiped out by palps swinging his lightsaber about like a lasso is a very big mistake from sir lucas but when you think about it he had a hell of a lot to cram into this film so theres no surprise he couldn't give everything his individual care and attention

but seriously what a shit fight

would have been better if they were using sabers i had built

Be Mindful Of The Living Force

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 08:03 PM
Click here to Send craft-a-saber a Private Message Find more posts by craft-a-saber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

it was all screwed up in the editing....Palps actually draws back his saber ...that's like "...Hello fool! I'm up inta stabbing your a$$!"

...and y'know, that would've worked in the movie if Nick Gillard hadn't gone to all of the trouble of showing how quick Jedi reflexes are when they are saber fighting...

I mean...four Jedi Masters!?! Four sabers already lit and prepared and not one puts a simple blocking maneuver?

I know Palps is the empowered Sith Lord and the motivation is to show how powerful he actually is...but either show it in the fighting or edit it so that everyone understands it without having it be questioned....that's what good filmaking is...you understand the what and why something happens in a scene...

so fans are left with...the Jedi suck at fighting (not true) more than Palps is a powerful Sith... even Dooku showed finesse and flair and was able to take on Yoda himself without breaking a sweat so we know that Palps should be better than him...

ah well....

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 11:33 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Well they did the best that they could, considering 'ol GL.

It was originally going to have lots of exciting stuff done by the stunt doubles with the digital head replacements, and only have palps for the close ups (like the Dooku fight in the beginning).

Sam Jackson was gonna do more than Ian, but still have some sick moves done by the stunt double.

If you watch the dvd, on they day that they went to shoot it, GL decided he wanted many more closeups in the fight, not just when they paused, or moved in, but during all the strikes as well.

You can see nic argue with him, and he is upset that they won't do it with the swordfighters who rehersed it.(not angry, but he was upset.)

They had to work everything out on the set, (I think in like 2 or 3 days), and teach Ian and Sam a bunch of moves, so they made the moves easier and not as cool looking as they probably had been originally designed.

It would have been interesting to see though, perhaps he would have killed Agen at first, shot some lightning to drive them into the next hall way, then had a quick kill of Master Tinn, when they get into the main office, then had Kit and Mace both take him on, .. who knows?

Then have him decapitate Kit Fisto, and play out the scene as it was.

(should have had Anakin duel mace, even if just to "disarm" him, as it could have been a great scene, show anakin's skill and arrogance as he takes on Mace. Still end the same with Palps shocking him to death, and have that be out of Anakin's control.)

But, for what they had to work with, I think it turned out pretty well.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 11:49 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Saesee
Captain Saesee USS Tardis

Whoever insults Saesee or Kit or Mace (stuff Agen Kolar) I will personaly duel on the remains of the Sepratist Base on Mustafar and send them flying to the winds of Mygeeto.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Master Saesee a Private Message Find more posts by Master Saesee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Master Saesee
Whoever insults Saesee or Kit or Mace (stuff Agen Kolar) I will personaly duel on the remains of the Sepratist Base on Mustafar and send them flying to the winds of Mygeeto.
No more than one bottle of Tylenol a day now ya geek.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Saesee

Oi you GEEK with your stupid glowing arm I was JOKING mad

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Master Saesee a Private Message Find more posts by Master Saesee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

I am the only real Sith Lord here, If a bit undercover at the moment....

In time you will call me master.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I was too. Though apparently, blatant hypocrisy means nothing nowadays.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 06:51 AM
Master Saesee

I am not calling Sesse Master he's GAY

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 07:05 PM
Cascador

Somebody clearly has to learn to control his temper here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And his desire to revive a dead thread.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:49 AM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ShadowKing
...but either show it in the fighting or edit it so that everyone understands it without having it be questioned....that's what good filmaking is...you understand the what and why something happens in a scene...

Dude, everything in your post rocks. It basically sums up a lot of the sloppy filmaking decisions made by George in the PT trilogy...but warning ya...a lot a folks here would say that's blashphemy.

Word!

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 1st, 2006 at 04:36 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:34 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Everybody wants to make Star Wars better than ole' GL can.

Well, when it's your multi-billion dollar franchise, you can change it. Until then, I'm sticking with Lucas.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 05:01 AM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

The three were inreality some of the finest swordsmen ever in the history of the Jedi Order (according to the ROTS novelization). Lucas was being a jerk to save money on film and made all three seem extremely weak to get the fight over with.

In the novel, Saesee was the first to die. He was distracted because Palpatine said to him "Master Tiin, you're the telapathic. What am I thinking right now?" Saesee pauses for a second, then gets stabbed because Palpatine brings out his lightsaber. Agen is like "It doesnt-" gets stabbed while just staring at the red glowing stick "hurt". Kit's like "OMG WTF?!" and then he and Mace fight Palpatine, he gets killed after a good fight, the end u know the rest

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 08:00 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I suppose a realistic explanation would be they were in shock after learning Palpatine was the Sith Lord..I don't think they expected him to attack.. or something. Only Mace was ready for him.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

there were nice details in the book actually but they are invented by the writer...for instance Anakin wasn't pissed that they denied the rank of master just because he was thinking "I wanna be a MASTER!!!", no it's because he wanted access to holocrons so he could learn to save Padmé, but was only possible if he was a master.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That would have been a good explanation. It'd show more depth in his otherwise whiny character.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 08:14 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

yeah, the novel is really good

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

The novel is only good in the fact that it provides more details about stuff..other than that I thought it was junk. I didn't like the writing style; Luceno or Zahn would've been a great choice.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote