KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

Albert Einstein Quote
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I Agree. 75 78.95%
I Disagree. 20 21.05%
Total: 95 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This was verbatim from Albert Einstein himself.

Think it's true ..?
Yes. Because as long as there is power, there is always going to be war. And there will always be power as long as there is money and strength and such, which will always be around. So wars will always happen.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 04:05 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Re: Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

Think it's true ..?

Yes

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 06:05 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Kal El
Last Son of Kyrpton

Agreed like an old Native American saying I believe it goes something like this - "When all water is gone, when all the land have been destroyed, when all the animals have been killed only then will man realise money cannot be eaten"
I believe I have completely destroyed that quote would someone care to correct me if possible? thx

I believe there is no ending to conflict of powers in our world or even the entire universe, Blackholes try to destroy suns/stars
Man tries to destroy man all for the sake of being the dominant one, self preservation? instinct to be the best? Money, Power, Greed ,Jealousy, everything contributes to man made conflict very important the word "man made" man makes his own destiny and his own decline -

Philosophy "He who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out. - Traditional Chinese Quote

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:10 PM
Super Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Super Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Super Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Yes. As long man is still man there will be wars. It is in human nature, we are animals, and it is in this part of us that leads us do make wars. This is the same as asking "Do cats will ever use a computer ?", as long there are cats they won´t. It is a not the the best thing to expect of this, but I think it is the truth. I think we will have to wait... perhaps evolve to something better.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 02:25 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

there will always be conflict among men..

sun tzu's book was all about war on an 'all-purpose' level.. since most things can be viewed as a battle.. conversation.. business.. video games... life.. most everything has its proverbial battleground

and since conflict will always lead to war (as we know it is very rare for a conflict to fade away with the forgive and forget sequence), Einstein is correct.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 08:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

I have determined perhaps another small corner from which this topic may merge into. What defines a war?

Now everyone would of course know that the physical actual shot yourself in the foot war, is the one were you may get shot in the foot.

But what if I were to define a war as a coalition of battles. Would that not mean that any forms of fighting (spiritual, physical, intellectual, etc...) be considered battles from which then a coalition be a war? And into the Utopia that we believe to be the future, would no war be the escalation to all things to peace, or just what is colossal and earth shaking. For man is not known to swallow pride easier than he is to swallow the world~Anonymous

Because my opinion deems it so...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 10:05 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by AOR
I have determined perhaps another small corner from which this topic may merge into. What defines a war?

Now everyone would of course know that the physical actual shot yourself in the foot war, is the one were you may get shot in the foot.

But what if I were to define a war as a coalition of battles. Would that not mean that any forms of fighting (spiritual, physical, intellectual, etc...) be considered battles from which then a coalition be a war? And into the Utopia that we believe to be the future, would no war be the escalation to all things to peace, or just what is colossal and earth shaking. For man is not known to swallow pride easier than he is to swallow the world~Anonymous

Because my opinion deems it so...

I'm assuming he meant war in the broader sense. But sensibly, it can be taken figuratively, I think. Meaning in sports or in the business world or in dealing with kin or others in society ex: road rage.

But in the literal sense, I think, in his quote, he meant to define "War" as in a national or international or multinational physical battle involving ideals, weaponry, politics, soldiers, etc.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:22 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

I'm assuming he meant war in the broader sense. But sensibly, it can be taken figuratively, I think. Meaning in sports or in the business world or in dealing with kin or others in society ex: road rage.

But in the literal sense, I think, in his quote, he meant to define "War" as in a national or international or multinational physical battle involving ideals, weaponry, politics, soldiers, etc.

You think, but do not know...

Because my opinion deems it so..

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:25 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Hmm, interesting comment by Big Al.

I suppose there is some validity in that statement.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:33 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by AOR
You think, but do not know...

Because my opinion deems it so..

lol what?

Ok, I know it can be taken both literally and figuratively.

If you look at in through both perspectives you'll see the truth behind both concepts.

Einstein was right.

9 Major Wars in 90 years. And these were just American Wars.

From WWI way back to Operation Iraqi Freedom still happening in 2006.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:43 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Re: Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

Think it's true ..?

Absolutely.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 06:17 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think there will always be clusters of peace, but war will occur somewhere else. It is impossible to ever know, unless you have some sort of war monitoring system, like hidden cameras everywhere to watch everyone and everything at all times, as well as some sort of control room where you can watch 37 billion monitors all at once. But hey, who has 37 billion eyes? I don't. erm

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 03:01 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I think there will always be clusters of peace, but war will occur somewhere else. It is impossible to ever know, erm

You're saying that there will always be peace then say it's impossible to ever know if there'll always be a war.

I'm assuming you're using history as an indicator for the future when you made your "peace" comment, and that's ok. But if you used the past and thought peace will continue to be how it is they why should war be any differently viewed upon since both are symbiont ideals.

If you think there will always be clusters of peace then you should think that there will be clusters of war.

Monitoring systems or not.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 03:26 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Albert Einstein, circa 2006: "So long as there is Bush, there will be wars."

LOLOLOLOL AM I RITE?!!!?!?!!11111

Sorry. I'm bored and I just had to say it.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 01:43 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

I agree thoroughly.
Man cannot co exist. It is not in its nature. We have certain genetic characteristics and violent tendecies. We need to exert our strength around. We always feel threatened mostly due to our insecurities and will always thrive to dominate and that will always create conflict among us. The whole purpose of Christ on earth was to teach us that there is another way. We can learn to suppress these behaviors and learn to really love one another. But in the end look at what we did to him?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 03:29 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

I think a good answer would be this:

So long as we require resources to survive, and there is a limited supply, then there will be wars.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 04:06 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lancethebrave
Insanity... Pure Insanity

As hard as it may be to accept it... there will never be an end to war, it is our imperfection it is set up already before us we jsut cannot see it or touch it... its always there and some Philosophers (Nostradamus in particular) has already predicted what WW3 will be like and how it will begin and end... its been seen to start soon 2006-2012 that range

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 05:32 AM
lancethebrave is currently offline Click here to Send lancethebrave a Private Message Find more posts by lancethebrave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Nostradamus' writings have frequently been misquoted and, in some instances, even deliberately altered in order to prove that he supposedly predicted various events. The validity of prophecies are often exaggerated. Many prophecies are vague, allowing them to be applied to many possible future events.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:07 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lancethebrave
Insanity... Pure Insanity

Exactly which can lead to war over one little thing such as that... people will strive to make a prophecy true in almost any ways i do not think anyone could have been able to predict the future, and even the bible and all other religious books are also exaggerated as well, ive read through his first "century" and it is not an easy thing to comprehend at all, it infact makes very little sense and should not be taken seriously though there are people that will make sure that it happens at almost ALL costs... you would be surprised what people would do for something like that, but it wouldnt be surprising that world war three does start between now and 2012, considering what is going on that this point in time

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 05:24 AM
lancethebrave is currently offline Click here to Send lancethebrave a Private Message Find more posts by lancethebrave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hack Benjamin
Restricted

Account Restricted

OFcourse there will be war, no-one will disagree that humans are a type of animal. (Albeit "advanced".) And animals live for several things:

The sake of living.
To be stimulated. (Wether by sex, food, or just plain out leisure..)
And conflict. (Wether to protect themselves, others, or simply for the hell of it.)

These are our basic motivations as well, and sense we're an "advanced" species, we have no natural enemies, we know how to "avoid" more badass animals, make food out of lesser animals, make weapons to protect ourselves, we have no natural predator, only hostile fellow creatures.

Therfore, man has to become man's own worst enemy for the sake of balance between life and death, I can only immagine how much worst it would be if we never had wars, we'd be so overcrowded we'd suffocate life out of every other animal on the planet, and eventualy destroy ourselves anyway because of lack of balance.

Besides, war isn't THAT bad, it's so glorified and made to look like something it's not, ok, people die, people die all the time, bad feelings settle in, lots of evil-men get away, that happens all the time to, war just esculates the same problems we face everyday. If war was so HORRIBLE I doubt it would happen so much, someone, somewhere, is in a war as we speak, always, always, ALWAYS. There has been no point in time on Earth (as long as we were an "advanced" species anyway) where a war hasn't been going on SOMEWHERE.

I think those that spend so much time asking "what is war good for?" don't have thier priorities straight, ofcourse war is good for something, if it wasn't, our selfish-ass goverment wouldn't engage in it so much.. We as a SPECIES need to re-think what makes us tick, and how to view our situation, that has a larger impact on life then any simple war. Because people don't do that, we countinue to repeat our same mistakes over and over again. Frankly, such a species that's so "advanced" but can't get the picture the first couple times around deserves the anguish they receive from themselves..

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 05:20 PM
Hack Benjamin is currently offline Click here to Send Hack Benjamin a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Benjamin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote