KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey Questions

Spidey Questions
Started by: KnivesOut

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

I know for a fact that when Spider-man had the Venom symbiote it didn't make him stronger AT ALL. Not stronger, nor faster. Just gave him the symbiotic webbing. The idea of him being upgraded by the symbiote only appeared in the 90s cartoon.
Symbiotes grant humans superstrength but it all depends on how well the host controls it and how well they fit each other. In Spider-man's case he pretty much simply wore as a suit. So i guess it all depends on the host and the symbiote. When Carnage symbiote took over Ben Reilly it made him stronger but only cause it really TOOK HIM OVER. It was in controle. So I guess theoretically the Venom symbiote can make Spider-man stronger, but Parker would have to give in to the symbiote.. imo

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Jul 9th, 2009 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 07:58 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil SeeD
Black Shadow

Are we talking about the Movies? Because in SP3, the Symbiote def. Made Peter Stronger and faster, if your talking about the Comics than I have no clue haha.

big grin

I am the evil Seed...The seed that went Wrong... The seed that spread horror...The seed that was Never meant to be......

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:40 PM
Evil SeeD is currently offline Click here to Send Evil SeeD a Private Message Find more posts by Evil SeeD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
In the comics, Spidey's atributes were never enhanced because Spidey already had agumented abilities. This much has been explained by Venom after his second escape from the Vault.

well , that wasn't the case for gargan who was more augmented than SM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 08:25 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by SamZED
I know for a fact that when Spider-man had the Venom symbiote it didn't make him stronger AT ALL. Not stronger, nor faster. Just gave him the symbiotic webbing. The idea of him being upgraded by the symbiote only appeared in the 90s cartoon.
Symbiotes grant humans superstrength but it all depends on how well the host controls it and how well they fit each other. In Spider-man's case he pretty much simply wore as a suit. So i guess it all depends on the host and the symbiote. When Carnage symbiote took over Ben Reilly it made him stronger but only cause it really TOOK HIM OVER. It was in controle. So I guess theoretically the Venom symbiote can make Spider-man stronger, but Parker would have to give in to the symbiote.. imo

maybe the symbiote made Brock (and Gargan...) stronger because he was attached to Spidey before he bounded with Brock/Gargan and copied his strength/speed/abilitys that would explain why Brock had webbing could stick to walls and could avoid to trigger the spider sense.

only question is why is Brock as Venom so much stronger than spidey maybe cause the original Peter Parker (B4 spider bite) was weaker ánd slower than Brock

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 09:54 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Parmaniac
maybe the symbiote made Brock (and Gargan...) stronger because he was attached to Spidey before he bounded with Brock/Gargan and copied his strength/speed/abilitys that would explain why Brock had webbing could stick to walls and could avoid to trigger the spider sense.

only question is why is Brock as Venom so much stronger than spidey maybe cause the original Peter Parker (B4 spider bite) was weaker ánd slower than Brock

brock is powered by hate as venom. from what i understand the symbiote attunes itself to the negative emotions the "wearer" is feeling...

i can't remember exactly how spider-man feels in the cartoon or the comics, not read/watched them for a while...but in the movie - though i did think raimi destroyed venom in that film - peter is shown to be arrogant, and seems to get more so with the wearing of the costume.

if i remember correctly, raimi didn't exactly match it up, but tried to give a similar story behind brock, where he fails hard and gets to a low point in his life and therefore is feeling hate...

gargan - i've not read the symbiote attaching to gargan arc - from what i understand is driven by paranoia...a stronger emotion that arrogance...and maybe frustration?

i think the strong the emotion, the stronger the symbiote reaction to you, and therefore the more powerful you become...

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:15 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lostedge

Mary Jane was pregnant and she had a miscarriage (10 years ago in comics). Still in the comics doctors or nurse was seen to smugle something out of the hospital. And reader was left in thought that the child did not die. What did they smuggle out from hospital?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 04:38 PM
Lostedge is currently offline Click here to Send Lostedge a Private Message Find more posts by Lostedge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lostedge

Originally posted by Lostedge
Mary Jane was pregnant and she had a miscarriage (10 years ago in comics). Still in the comics doctors or nurse was seen to smugle something out of the hospital. And reader was left in thought that the child did not die. What did they smuggle out from hospital?

This thread is dead ... sad

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 09:01 PM
Lostedge is currently offline Click here to Send Lostedge a Private Message Find more posts by Lostedge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

I thought the symbiote made him stronger? But yeah Venom is stronger as the symbiote is all f Spideys strengths on a stronger base. Spidey+

[quotw]Mary Jane was pregnant and she had a miscarriage (10 years ago in comics). Still in the comics doctors or nurse was seen to smugle something out of the hospital. And reader was left in thought that the child did not die. What did they smuggle out from hospital?[/quote]

Care to give more on what you know on this? Seems interesting.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:44 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone heard any info on any dvd season or volume releases for the spiderman animated series from the 90s ?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 09:30 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by chomperx9
anyone heard any info on any dvd season or volume releases for the spiderman animated series from the 90s ?
What kind of info? You can already buy them.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 24th, 2010 08:51 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Parmaniac
What kind of info? You can already buy them.
you can buy them but they are UK imports which are region 2

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:41 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

You can buy region 1, but they are separated into sagas.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:45 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
You can buy region 1, but they are separated into sagas.
i know that. thats why i asked above if there are any season sets or volume sets like they did with the XMAS.

i can switch the region on my PC but id rather watch it on tv.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:26 AM
Mindset

Hook your pc up to your tv.

Rip it from the dvds then burn it on blanks.

Get a dvd player that plays region 2 dvds.

Dress up as Spiderman and redo the scenes irl.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:37 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hook your pc up to your tv.

Rip it from the dvds then burn it on blanks.

Get a dvd player that plays region 2 dvds.

Dress up as Spiderman and redo the scenes irl.

i need a laptop

if i burn it to a dvd its still gonna be PAL format

i got enough players as it is

last time i checked people dont want to see a white guy in a spiderman costume so il pass

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:53 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by chomperx9
i need a laptop

if i burn it to a dvd its still gonna be PAL format

i got enough players as it is

last time i checked people dont want to see a white guy in a spiderman costume so il pass
Luckily, you are mexican.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 04:54 AM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luckily, you are mexican.
im the light colored mexican though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 05:02 AM
Dominic EX2

Who is much better? The "Sensational" or "Ultimate" Spiderman?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 01:19 PM
Dominic EX2 is currently offline Click here to Send Dominic EX2 a Private Message Find more posts by Dominic EX2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

You mean which title? Or the character?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 07:20 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote:

Epic thread necromancy.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 09:27 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote