KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kyllacam
Heavy Boxing Champion

its not called runnin away its called tactics u cant just get in there and swing i meen u can but that shows that u have no skill u just weigh alot and can hit hard but ali did tire out his opponet and im sorry if u dont feel tha same way but i feel like ali is to this day tha greatest sorry

One person they had to pull outta the rang cause i messed him up so badly.

"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STANG LIKE A BEE" - Muhammed Ali AKA Cassius Clay

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:14 AM
kyllacam is currently offline Click here to Send kyllacam a Private Message Find more posts by kyllacam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

Ali is better than Tyson ever was and ever will be...I give him that..And he would be Bruce Lee as well....

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 04:45 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

only one guy retire and stay retire unbeaten, and That is Rocky Marciano

Attachment: 0919_large.jpg
This has been downloaded 133 time(s).

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 12:45 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Boxing has become a joke. Too many belts, too much money influence, and especially the heavyweight division, which has old fat slobs fighting fighting for titles so the champs gets an easy win, dunno why anyone would pay to watch such crap.

I used to be a huge fan, but since Tyson, Hahmed, Hearns and others have left the scene its become rather pathetic.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:55 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
No, he didn't back up everyword..that's why he lost several matches...
what you count the matches when he was way over the hill. Ali lost to Frazier and Norton, after 1976 the Ali we knew was gone, he was ring tired and finished as a top rated boxer. Leon Spinks who wouldnt have beaten him of the then top 10 heavyweights, he met Ali after just 8 professional fights and that he won says more about the condition of Ali than anything else. Larry Holmes and Trevor Berbrick well Holmes was as good as any at that time Berbrick though nah.
Ali was washed up by 1976 and should have ended it right there, to have lost to such opponents as Frazier and Norton well the three year lay off didnt do Ali no good yet at least he lost to some excellent and though as they come fighters.

With this said boxing has indeed become a joke, a world champion aint no world champion any more unless it is undisputed, and that would say how many belts???

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 03:12 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RZA
Hamed was cool, he was my favorite fighter back in the days. I know he was very arrogant and I can understand why some people hated him but he did back it up a lot, I luv how he would knock out people with just one punch and those crazy leaping uppercuts, man nobody could do that. He won almost all of his fights by knockout....I mean c'mon, luv em or hate you gotta give the guy some credit and to have that kind of power in that weight class was unthinkable before he came along. He made that feather weight division exciting again. I still remember that fight he had with Kevin Kelley, man that was a classic. He was funny too...I like when he use to say 'They all want to get knocked out'.. laughing out loud
You notice how he mysteriously disappeared right after all this terrorism crap started...hmm...wonder if that had something to do with it.

What happened to him...? Barrera happened to him.

He got caught in a fight with a Mexican who was tough as nails as a fighter, and was a great boxer too....
Hamed was exposed as a loud mouth, chinny braggard who had totally leaky defence and a big punch and was not considered a draw after that incident that shattered him...

Hamed had built up a career of KOs against guys who were over the hill or not-yet-at-the-hill in the experience stakes...

Yup the Kelley fight was a classic... Early warning signs for Hamed fighting an aging boxer who didn't buy into the intimidation before the bout and knew what to look for in the gaps in Hameds "Defense" and timed his shots well to expose them/capitalise on them...

The Muslim thing post 9/11 may have been a tiny bit of it, after even Ali went into hiding for a while after that, but there are STILL plenty of fighters who proudly show off their Muslim faith to interviewers...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 03:46 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Barrera fought an off form Hahmed, otherwise he would have been down in 2

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 02:11 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

every since boxers have advertise goldenpalace.com on there back, and shit like that....boxing has gone to shit

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 02:39 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kyllacam
Heavy Boxing Champion

true true

One person they had to pull outta the rang cause i messed him up so badly.

"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY STANG LIKE A BEE" - Muhammed Ali AKA Cassius Clay

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:44 AM
kyllacam is currently offline Click here to Send kyllacam a Private Message Find more posts by kyllacam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Barrera fought an off form Hahmed, otherwise he would have been down in 2
Hahmed was too much show and too little boxing in his last fights, his arrogance lost him the fight Barrera and if Hammed came to the fight off form it just emphasize his arrogance

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 09:53 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

so Amir Khan won again...5th pro fight...won inside the 1st round

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 06:16 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

even better though... Graham Earl (from Luton, woo) beat Romanov, an international rated lightweight

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 06:27 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Luton huh go hatters!!!!!!
Amir Khan really impressed me in the olympics, if he has the right people around him as a pro this guy will reach far

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 12:40 PM
Cosmo Kramer

Rocky Marciano vs. Muhammad Ali

Who would win this fight of the eras?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 11:55 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Ali. Way more skillful and was incredibly accurate with his punches, after 6 or 7 rounds Rocky wouldnt even be able to see. Rocky could take a beating and was one of the most durable, but Ali could take punishment to (he took all Foreman had and he was a very hard puncher) and fought for 11 rounds against Kenny Norton with a broken jaw. I would say the fight would either be stopped due to Rocky being too mashed up or Ali would knock him out late in the fight.
It would be great to see heavyweights fight again instead of the way they just hug for 12 rounds nowadays or hit the deck as soon as a decent punch is thrown.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 01:39 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

I heard they were filming a movie together and Rocky hit him in the gut and Ali demanded more money.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 07:23 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dean7879
ok im really starting to enjoy boxing of late
eastman vs hopkins...any predictions?
should lennox come out of retirement?

Finally. A boxing thread smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 09:48 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Yeah it is!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 11:54 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i thought someone would've mentioned the joe calzahge vs jeff lacy fight from last night...absolutely fantastic...calzaghe was outstanding the entire fight despite being the considered the underdog...it was generally thought that this would be the fight that calzahge would hand the baton over to lacy to be the next dominating champion of super middle weight...instead calzahge took him apart in every round

credit where credit is due though...i haven't seen a fighter take that much of a beating and either be knocked out or have the fight stopped...lacy only went down once in the last round but he could barely see as both eyes were badly cut

credit also has to be given to the ref who understood fully the importance of the unification title fight and thus gave lacy every opportunity by not stopping the fight

points were 119-107, 119-107, 119-105 to calzahge

best fight i've seen in quite a few years

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:55 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

years? it was a one sided fight so I dont know that it can be considered that great of a fight. It was fun to see though. You see Cotto destroy Branco? Cotto just couldnt be stoped that fight, and he fought much smarter than some previous ones, not getting as wild once ahead. Its also a shame Vargas's eye was so F'd up b/c I think he could have beat mosely, mosely was not that impressive looking.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 07:27 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote