KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sora(Kingdom Hearts) vs Link(Legend of Zelda)

Sora(Kingdom Hearts) vs Link(Legend of Zelda)
Started by: Dark-Kenshin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (116): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by caocao200
i'd say a draw (without sora's drive forms), both have great sword skills and magic..maybe link has more, but there are several links..
actually, i think they were all the same link because most of them had mostly the same abilities

Old Post May 13th, 2006 03:58 PM
Dragoncloud is currently offline Click here to Send Dragoncloud a Private Message Find more posts by Dragoncloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

I'll say Sora he has more options with magic,self healing(without items) and such plus he's way faster then link.
Also Link's inability to jump would prove fatal...........stick out tongue

Old Post May 13th, 2006 04:07 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

yeah i cant see link winning this especially if Sora goes final or master form heck even anti form

Old Post May 14th, 2006 04:53 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

Originally posted by S.S

Also Link's inability to jump would prove fatal...........stick out tongue
now don't throw that up there that's easy to counter with the simple fact that he could jump freely in Zelda 2: Adventures of link on the NES and i think we're talking about KH gameplay since everyone keeps bringing up master form and anti form and whatever else along with the magics.

BUT: if link casted nayru's love, he'd be invulnerable to any of Sora's attacks for a while, and i mean a while! that's a long @$$ spell! And for Sora's speed, Link could just use Din's Fire and scorch Sora's sorry but. But now that i brought those skills up, we're gonna say that link can't have those skills now too aren't we? well, here's a backup arguement.

Link puts on his Diety's mask, and sends energy blades at sora with each and every swing of his sword and sora bounces around like some kind of acrobat and takes a swing, link blocks with his sword, spins sora's blade of to the side and slashes sora's back wide open with his diety's sword.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 07:38 PM
Dragoncloud is currently offline Click here to Send Dragoncloud a Private Message Find more posts by Dragoncloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Which link are we talking about here, does he have all his accessories at the ready?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 08:14 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Dragoncloud
actually, sephiroth wields his sword with both hands, he's not necessarily left handed, i'm not real sure where you got that from, in advent children neither cloud nor sephiroth are left or right handed, in fact, they are quite ambidextrous.

Not true. You must be referring to Advent Children the movie which only has a "fake" Sephiroth. The real Sephiroth was killed by Cloud in Final Fantasy VII at the end of the game. Advent Children had Kadaj become Sephiroth showing that this was a lesser Sephiroth so to speak.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:41 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
1021kid

draw

Old Post May 16th, 2006 06:04 AM
1021kid is currently offline Click here to Send 1021kid a Private Message Find more posts by 1021kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Link whoops Sora's whiny ass.

I love both KH 1 and 2, and i hoep to god they make a three, but I swear Sora's god damn "Must...find...my RIKU!!' attitude really pissed me off...

Old Post May 16th, 2006 06:14 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

now don't throw that up there that's easy to counter with the simple fact that he could jump freely in Zelda 2: Adventures of link on the NES and i think we're talking about KH gameplay since everyone keeps bringing up master form and anti form and whatever else along with the magics.

BUT: if link casted nayru's love, he'd be invulnerable to any of Sora's attacks for a while, and i mean a while! that's a long @$$ spell! And for Sora's speed, Link could just use Din's Fire and scorch Sora's sorry but. But now that i brought those skills up, we're gonna say that link can't have those skills now too aren't we? well, here's a backup arguement.

Link puts on his Diety's mask, and sends energy blades at sora with each and every swing of his sword and sora bounces around like some kind of acrobat and takes a swing, link blocks with his sword, spins sora's blade of to the side and slashes sora's back wide open with his diety's sword.

Sora's Aeroga(how ever it's spelled)last just as long as nayru's love and Like I said before Sora can self heal with out items something link can't do.

Din's fire is nothing sora takes fireballs from hades.Plus it takes time for link to do his magic something which Sora does instanly.

Sora's Speed far surpasses Link,like someone posted before Sora and Rikku were both reflecting thousands of shots being fired at them from all angles.

If I'm not mistaken this is big link in this fight so no fierce deity mask for him and even if he had it it wouldn't do much.
What happens when Sora does Magnet and takes Links shield and master sword huh?Unlike Sora Link could be seperated from his sword..

And I was joking about the jumping thing......... stick out tongue

Old Post May 16th, 2006 12:35 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Not true. You must be referring to Advent Children the movie which only has a "fake" Sephiroth. The real Sephiroth was killed by Cloud in Final Fantasy VII at the end of the game. Advent Children had Kadaj become Sephiroth showing that this was a lesser Sephiroth so to speak.
no i'm actually referring to the game itself. he hold his sword with both hands even with the swing but he follows up the swing with his right hand. This is only because his character movements are extremely limited in the game, sephiroth does in fact actually fight using both hands however like any other master swordsman of his style.

Originally posted by S.S
Sora's Aeroga(how ever it's spelled)last just as long as nayru's love and Like I said before Sora can self heal with out items something link can't do.

Din's fire is nothing sora takes fireballs from hades.Plus it takes time for link to do his magic something which Sora does instanly.

Sora's Speed far surpasses Link,like someone posted before Sora and Rikku were both reflecting thousands of shots being fired at them from all angles.

If I'm not mistaken this is big link in this fight so no fierce deity mask for him and even if he had it it wouldn't do much.
What happens when Sora does Magnet and takes Links shield and master sword huh?Unlike Sora Link could be seperated from his sword..

And I was joking about the jumping thing......... stick out tongue
as for aeroga(sp) it only reduces damage, not nullifying it.

Din's fire takes time to cast, supposedly, but that's because link screw's around in the game when he uses it because the game creators felt that had to be flashy with it. simple truth is, all he has to do is slam that diamond thingy to the ground and he's got fire.

For your magnet, have you forgotten that link also has arrows, a hookshot, a hammer, bombs, bombchu's and countless other supplies? if sora really wants to magnetize all of that, he's gonna have a ton of stuff to carry, which would slow him down a great deal, making him an easy target for link to peg with his bows. Or he could just let sora set off a bombchu when he uses the magnet, whatever works for ya.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 02:52 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

If link is has all his equipment, and I mean "ALL" sora gets curb stomped hard

Old Post May 16th, 2006 04:39 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

no i'm actually referring to the game itself. he hold his sword with both hands even with the swing but he follows up the swing with his right hand. This is only because his character movements are extremely limited in the game, sephiroth does in fact actually fight using both hands however like any other master swordsman of his style.

as for aeroga(sp) it only reduces damage, not nullifying it.

Din's fire takes time to cast, supposedly, but that's because link screw's around in the game when he uses it because the game creators felt that had to be flashy with it. simple truth is, all he has to do is slam that diamond thingy to the ground and he's got fire.

For your magnet, have you forgotten that link also has arrows, a hookshot, a hammer, bombs, bombchu's and countless other supplies? if sora really wants to magnetize all of that, he's gonna have a ton of stuff to carry, which would slow him down a great deal, making him an easy target for link to peg with his bows. Or he could just let sora set off a bombchu when he uses the magnet, whatever works for ya.

Who said anything about Sora carrying the items?I simply said that he can get the items away from Link.

That's just specuation on your part saying that all link needs to do is smash the diamond there's no proof that the hand signals/poses he does aren't necessary for the spell.Link even does different ones for each spell.Another thing if I'm not mistaken all three of those Spells take alot of his magic with Nayru's love taking almost half.

Arrows,hookshot,bombs are useless against someone Who's as fast as Sora.

I haven't even mentioned anything about his Drive forms or his summons,sorry but Link gets stomped in this fight.

Old Post May 17th, 2006 08:32 AM
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

Originally posted by S.S
Who said anything about Sora carrying the items?I simply said that he can get the items away from Link.

That's just specuation on your part saying that all link needs to do is smash the diamond there's no proof that the hand signals/poses he does aren't necessary for the spell.Link even does different ones for each spell.Another thing if I'm not mistaken all three of those Spells take alot of his magic with Nayru's love taking almost half.

Arrows,hookshot,bombs are useless against someone Who's as fast as Sora.

I haven't even mentioned anything about his Drive forms or his summons,sorry but Link gets stomped in this fight.
you continue to say that but you fail to mention anything truely great about these drives or sora. I'm starting to think you're running a one sided battle in your mind based on what character you like better. You DO realize that Sora has a rather weak fighting style in comparison to link do you not? and you keep talking about the magic, then lets get down to that. Your magnet, fine, technically if sora doesn't carry these weapons and equipment with him, he would have to leave it lying around somewhere, unless he continuously strains himself by trying to "magnetize" the weapons and that would drain a good bit of his magic and draw his concentration away from the real fight itself.

Sora does have an advantage in speed and magic, but link has more durability than sora not to mention link is a more focused and well equipped fighter for almost any situation.

So yes, Sora can fly around like a nut case and "magnetize" Links equipment, but that can only do so much. It will all come down to who's better in the fray than anything, and that will be based off of experience, Not EXP like in kingdom hearts, but more so in who has been around to fight longer. Sora has too weak of a history and too much on his mind all the time to outwit Link in combat, whereas link, being the silent savior of hyrule who very rarely concerns himself with the personal matters wrapped around others but somehow gets tossed into them anyways.

not to mention, bombs, arrows, and hookshot still come in handy when fighting someone who's as fast as sora. You're continually running that one track thought of yours once again. Link just has to be creative enough to make them useful. Which is another quality that sora lacks (the creativity and combat genius to tun objects that would be otherwise useless into something that could miraculously turn the match around).

Last edited by Dragoncloud on May 17th, 2006 at 07:45 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2006 07:42 PM
Mr.Biscuits

you continue to say that but you fail to mention anything truely great about these drives or sora. I'm starting to think you're running a one sided battle in your mind based on what character you like better. You DO realize that Sora has a rather weak fighting style in comparison to link do you not? and you keep talking about the magic, then lets get down to that. Your magnet, fine, technically if sora doesn't carry these weapons and equipment with him, he would have to leave it lying around somewhere, unless he continuously strains himself by trying to "magnetize" the weapons and that would drain a good bit of his magic and draw his concentration away from the real fight itself.

Sora does have an advantage in speed and magic, but link has more durability than sora not to mention link is a more focused and well equipped fighter for almost any situation.

So yes, Sora can fly around like a nut case and "magnetize" Links equipment, but that can only do so much. It will all come down to who's better in the fray than anything, and that will be based off of experience, Not EXP like in kingdom hearts, but more so in who has been around to fight longer. Sora has too weak of a history and too much on his mind all the time to outwit Link in combat, whereas link, being the silent savior of hyrule who very rarely concerns himself with the personal matters wrapped around others but somehow gets tossed into them anyways.

not to mention, bombs, arrows, and hookshot still come in handy when fighting someone who's as fast as sora. You're continually running that one track thought of yours once again. Link just has to be creative enough to make them useful. Which is another quality that sora lacks (the creativity and combat genius to tun objects that would be otherwise useless into something that could miraculously turn the match around).

You must not know how the magnet Spell works do you? Sora does it and everything is pulled towards a ball of energy which is the magnet spell it's self.The objects don't have to be pulled by Sora himself,he can simply do the spell and let it pull Link while he attacks him.

Drives aren't great are you kidding all his stats raise and he gets a very high boost in magic.As regular sora's thunder is a single blast final forms Thunder is a continoues attack which you can keep chaining something link doesn't do very well.

Sora has a weak fighting style nope it just seems that way because he's so loose and uses his agility very well.
Sora lacks creativity huh?.......confused have you played kingdom hearts the kid does all sorts of things such as continously throwing the keyblade or shooting energyblast out of it.The whole reaction command in KH2 is pure creativity on his part and also shows his ability to adapt to the situation at hand.

And I'm actually more of a Zelda fan then a Kingdomhearts one I just understand what both charaacters are capable of something you haven't shown.......

And another thing Sora has is his summoning ability which would turn this match into a 2 on 1.Sora summons the genie and bye-bye Link your done.

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:09 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by caocao200
It depends... can someone post some of the best powers/sword skills each character has?

His ocarina.

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:10 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Blue nocturne
His ocarina.

What about it?

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:13 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by S.S
What about it?

It's his strongest item,any musical instrument link has is his most powerful item.

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:18 PM
Mr.Biscuits

It's his strongest item,any musical instrument link has is his most powerful item.

Well it's useless in a fight really unless its in the game where you use it and everything freezes around him..... laughing
Is the one piece of the Tri-force considered an item?

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:24 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by S.S
Well it's useless in a fight really unless its in the game where you use it and everything freezes around him..... laughing
Is the one piece of the Tri-force considered an item?

I'm sure link can play while running laughing

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:25 PM
Mr.Biscuits

I'm sure link can play while running laughing

nah he even closes his eyes when playing it ......... laughing
and moves side to side getting all into it.

Old Post May 17th, 2006 10:34 PM