KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs Judge Dredd

Captain America vs Judge Dredd
Started by: Etrigan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Several DC and Marvel humans take harder hits than that with no problems on average.

And Cap just recently took his entire chest piece being exploded by Gambit. Also he survived his ship burning up in re-entry and smacking into a 4 story building.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:13 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19 Cap just recently took his entire chest piece being exploded by Gambit.

Wow, just checked that scan, looks like pretty solid evidence that Captain America actually is explosion proof blink

I guess Cap wins then, LOL, if he can take an explosion that size he must be pretty much bullet proof & Hi-Ex proof, doesn't leave a lot for Dredd to be able to do.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:26 AM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

I think Hi-Ex could possibly do more damage.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:53 AM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I like Dredd. But he gets his ass kicked.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:01 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

What I don't get though, is how the Cap vs Batman thread got as long as it did. I mean, Batman would be even more worse off than Dredd confused

If Captain America's body is as tough as steel then how the heck is Batman supposed to hurt him in hand to hand blink

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:29 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Inconsistencies. Plus, Batman has feats of hurting people he "shouldn't" (which may or may be PIS depending on your prerogative).

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:31 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Silent_Bomber
Dredd's not really in human limits either though is he?

No human could ever even remotely survive getting punched in the head this hard

Ha ha that was rich. Anyways Cap beats him.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:38 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

I guess Dredd could distract Cap whilst ordering the Bike to cycle around and unload its own Hi-Ex's in Cap's back, then Dredd could unload all his Hi-Ex's in Cap whilst he's down. Don't see many other ways of winning unfortunately.

Not sure if Armour Piercing could affect Cap, its said to be able to go through 2cm's of Steel + a perp and carry on going, but I think it tends to be less effective than Hi-Ex.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:47 AM
Daredevil1

What I don't get though, is how the Cap vs Batman thread got as long as it did. I mean, Batman would be even more worse off than Dredd confused

If Captain America's body is as tough as steel then how the heck is Batman supposed to hurt him in hand to hand blink

Steve is very durable and has a incredible damage soak probably one of the best of his peers. But individual target strikes from A-list martial artist have proven time and time again, that they can indeed hurt him.

These guys also have proven that they can hit outside of there weight class.

These guys are the cream of the crop. Plus explosion don't target specific vulnerable areas like nerves, joints, throat, pressure points etc etc.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 04:01 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Daredevil1
Steve is very durable and has a incredible damage soak probably one of the best of his peers. But individual target strikes from A-list martial artist have proven time and time again, that they can indeed hurt him... explosion don't target specific vulnerable areas like nerves, joints, throat, pressure points etc etc.

I guess the Dredd/Batman fight is a very different ballgame really. I always thought it would probably be Dredd's superhuman reactions, and brute strength which allowed him to fight Batman to a standstill, brute strength is not going to help him against Captain America, and Dredd probably doesn't have Batman's knowledge of pressure points and weak spots to fall back on (he's obviously very skilled at hand to hand, but I've never seen him use those kinds of techniques).

So whilst Batman is around par with Dredd, he's probably much better suited to fighting against Captain America than Dredd is.

Though looking through some more scans it seems that Captain America is also faster than a speeding bullet, so I don't really see how Batman would even be able to connect a pressure strike in the first place confused

Originally posted by Daredevil1
These guys also have proven that they can hit outside of there weight class.

Unfortunately its difficult to find similar kinds of comparisons for Dredd simply because he doesn't live in a world full of famous superheroes to come up against, or partake in enemy crossovers where you can say stuff like "Dredd held his own against so-and-so once, and so-and-so nearly killed Superman" etc

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 10:19 PM
Q99

Dredd's not really in human limits either though is he?

He's a clone of the genetically-best judge trained from childhood and kept young with rejuv treatment. So, not really.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 12:50 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Q99
He's a clone of the genetically-best judge trained from childhood and kept young with rejuv treatment. So, not really.
There's also a line in Book of the Dead which said something about their bloodline being descended from the "ancient Judda" causing Dredd to have "the purest genetic material", but in the face of Oz, and Origins its kinda' hard to make sense of that line tbh.

Also it was written by Grant Morrison & Mark Millar, so most fans probably pretend it doesn't exist.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 02:03 AM
DTM

Dredd is good, really good, but IMO Cap is just better overall.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 10:42 PM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Judge Dredd kinda is Megacity-One's 'Captain America'. He embodies and protects the ideals of his society.

Also he has a tech edge. Lawbringers are really versatile and really strong.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 03:58 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Eh? What the heck is wrong with people in this thread? Dredd obliterates Steve with his full equipment, this isn't even close no expression

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 06:46 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Bentley
Eh? What the heck is wrong with people in this thread? Dredd obliterates Steve with his full equipment, this isn't even close no expression
I thought he would win too until I saw Captain America outrunning bullets and being hit point blank range with Hi-Ex level explosions and not taking damage.

The Captain America I remember from my childhood though could definitely be taken out by Dredd IMO.

Unless by "full equipment" you mean the Killdozer of course, I doubt Cap could damage a "Nuclear blast-proof" tank. smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:28 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Imo Cap has overcome much worse than Dredd, his gun, and his bike. And made it look easy.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:37 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Dredd has faced worse than Cap, that logic is crappy logic.

This thread is like saying "hey, let's make Cap fight Batman, but let's put Bruce in Doctor Doom's armor to make it fair". Cap is hilariously outgunned here, against an opponent that could make him work for a win on straight combat.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 07:50 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Dredd has faced worse than Cap, that logic is crappy logic.
Agreed
Cap is hilariously outgunned here.
Going by the Gambit scan the Lawgiver would be ineffectual, Dredd would be shooting Hi-Ex's and even if they hit Captain America they wouldn't be doing any damage.

Even if Dredd fires so fast that there's a wall of bullets (which he probably can do), if Captain America can run faster than a bullet (which is showed in the other scan), then even in a worst case scenario he can just turn around and run away from the bullets!

I'm not up on recent Captain America, and am just largely taking others' words on the matter, so If there's a reason to discount those two scans (non-canon, artwork blunder, Gambit's explosions are weaker than real world equivalents etc,etc), then I'm back on the Dredd can win side, if not then I've got to give it to Cap.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:06 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Cap is not really imprevious to explosions, nor literaly faster than a bullet, specially not Dredd's futuristic weapons and tech with intelligent bullets and such.

I heavily doubt Remy intended to kill Steve with the explosion that appeared on panel, so I must assume he actually held back from his regular high end explosions. It would be against Gambit's intentions to kill Cap, so he probably just wanted to ko him but Cap proved to be too superhumanly sturdy compared to a regular human -or whichever amount of force Gambit decided to use as a comparision not to kill Cap-.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:13 PM