KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs Judge Dredd

Captain America vs Judge Dredd
Started by: Etrigan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gambit's normal cards are about equivalent to a hand grenade. He charged Cap's entire chest piece.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:15 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Gambit's normal cards are about equivalent to a hand grenade. He charged Cap's entire chest piece.

To kill Earth's most celebrated and beloved hero? The guy who even Punisher respects so much that he wouldn't fight back? I know that AvsX was badly written, but to claim Remy would use an amount of force high enough to blow up Cap is ridiculous nonsense. Gambit can control the force of his explosions anyways.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:18 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Bentley
I must assume he actually held back from his regular high end explosions. It would be against Gambit's intentions to kill Cap, so he probably just wanted to ko him but Cap proved to be too superhumanly sturdy compared to a regular human -or whichever amount of force Gambit decided to use as a comparision not to kill Cap-.
The problem I have with that idea is the way the nearby trees react to the explosion, I think they indicate that its quite a powerful blast.

Personally I think that story was just a case of fan-wankery from the writer (someone mentioned in another thread that the writer didn't seem to even know how Gambit's powers work), but i'm still not sure if I'd want to discount it on that assumption alone.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:33 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

AvX was pretty much written to give the Avengers every advantage they could get. Like Cap punched out Warpath with no problems, despite Warpath being a superhuman above Cap's level and being a beast with his twin knives.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 08:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Silent_Bomber
Agreed
Going by the Gambit scan the Lawgiver would be ineffectual, Dredd would be shooting Hi-Ex's and even if they hit Captain America they wouldn't be doing any damage.

He'd be using a variety. He'd be using heatseeker, and ricochet, and AP, and so on.

Dredd is an incredible skilled gunfighters who's dangerous even with basic bullets.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 09:41 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The problem I have with that idea is the way the nearby trees react to the explosion, I think they indicate that its quite a powerful blast.

Explosions that are weaker at point blank and get more powerful when they expand, huh? As you mentioned it would seem the writer didn't know how Gambit's power work.

Anyways, tree busting strength should be between the victinicy of what Cap can tank, since he has taken hits from people who can break trees in half with a kick and such, but it's not something that directly relates with how well he can take bullets.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 05:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

OK drop the explosion-proof Cap then.

Hi Ex makes short work of this tree, seemingly doing more damage then Gambit's explosion, so its a moot point anyway.

(please log in to view the image)

Stub Gun vs Caps shield? no affect or say goodbye shield?

big grin

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 06:42 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Stub Gun vs Caps shield? no affect or say goodbye shield?

big grin

The shield can handle stub guns. It's proof against... pretty much everything.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 07:13 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Originally posted by Q99
The shield can handle stub guns.
Not even a singe?
Originally posted by Q99
It's proof against... pretty much everything.
Yeah but Stub Guns can slice through... pretty much everything.

People in the Marvel Universe have managed to outright destroy the shield before haven't they?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 07:24 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The shield can take pretty much anything Dredd can ditch, but it won't save Steve for long with a barrage of bullets, heat seekers and other nifty tricks Dredd carries.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 08:27 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

To kill Earth's most celebrated and beloved hero? The guy who even Punisher respects so much that he wouldn't fight back? I know that AvsX was badly written, but to claim Remy would use an amount of force high enough to blow up Cap is ridiculous nonsense. Gambit can control the force of his explosions anyways.

Look at the size of that explosion. The force looked like it even uprooted some trees.

Gambit may not have tried to kill Captain America (Not entirely sure, AvX was butchering characterization so who knows), but clearly would have left a non-meta as a stain.

Captain America beat the shit out of Warpath in that same fight. Tanking an explosion from a Gambit who tried to blow him up might not even be the craziest feat of that battle

I'd also like to point out that it was stated Gambit fully charged Steve's shield with kinetic energy when he tossed at it him so he wasn't exactly going easy.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 1st, 2013 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 08:41 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Here's the scene I was talking about :
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/118...ne_015.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/118...ne_016.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/118...ne_017.jpg.html

Beats Warpath, then Gambit (Again?), easy. F*cking Captain America, son.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 08:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

The shield can take pretty much anything Dredd can ditch, but it won't save Steve for long with a barrage of bullets, heat seekers and other nifty tricks Dredd carries.
Stumm gas (which I believe is a standard piece of utility belt equipment) might help if the fight was in a building.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 09:48 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

This is hilarious, but I still think that Cap + Fury beating the U-foes it's beyond it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 09:07 AM
Silent_Bomber

Beats Warpath, then Gambit (Again?), easy. F*cking Captain America, son. [/B]
Dredd beat Satan in hand to hand combat once.

angel

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 04:25 AM
Caps Conscience

Satan has always been overated H2H.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 11:50 AM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Mad jobbing smile

Not even a case of skill. Gambit's trying to throw cards at Cap when's half a foot away from him.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 11:55 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YFZ 350

Going with Cap.

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 11:23 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote