KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hatorian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Also check out the other UFC/Pride threads. Oh, and I think Matt Hughes could single handedly make a match that is superior to all the ones from TUF2 finale.

(From UFC 56 thread they said to post here)

You know, looking at Hughes history he has only fought about five
good fighters in the past. A funny side bar is that he put down
Frank for not being able to defend a rear naked choke, and that is
exactly how BJ Pen got him. I think Mat might want to send an
apology to Frank. All that aside, I see a easy walk through for
Matt. The guy that he is fighting has a decent enough record, but he
loves to stand up. He has 10 submissions, but they came after long
stand up battles. And Matt is the champ so any judges decision is in
the bag.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 04:50 AM
hatorian is currently offline Click here to Send hatorian a Private Message Find more posts by hatorian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I was more or less referring to Hughes as entertaining.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:12 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Oh, also the match Hughes won to receive the championship ended weird as well. He slammed the guy and I think Hughes hit his head on the way down because I think Hughes was out as well. Both fighters went limp and stopped fighting and the ref only saw that the other guy was out. Hughes snapped out of it quick enough and looked confused as hell when he was told he won.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 05:15 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hatorian

I think I saw that one. Matt didnt even know that he is the winner. LOl big grin I like to see the GSP fight. I just hope that GSP win cuz this could be one sided if you look at the books, Sean has a lot more experience in the ring. I see a one sided fight in this case. Funny thing is that both of these fighters lost to Matt Hughes at one time or another. Guess he is surrounding himself with his victims this time out.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 03:44 AM
hatorian is currently offline Click here to Send hatorian a Private Message Find more posts by hatorian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hatorian

Well the Georges St-Pierre Vs. Sean Sherk match. This could be one sided if you look at the books, sean has a lot more experience in the ring. I see a one sided fight in this case. Funny thing is that both of these fighters lost to Matt Hughes at one time or another. Guess he is surrounding himself with his victims this time out.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 02:58 AM
mr.smiley

I would love to see Hughes go to pride.I think he would get his ass owned but I still want to see it.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 04:04 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I want to see Chuck get another shot at PRIDE. I don't think he'd get a championship or anything, but I want to see how he fares now that he has reached his peak in UFC.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 04:33 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

It would be interesting but I still think he would get owned since the competion in Pride is 10xs better than it was in 2003

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2005 11:50 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Of course Chuck wouldn't make it too far, but I don't want to see his potential wasted in the UFC. If he makes it into just the top 8-10 middleweights in PRIDE, I'd gain so much respect for him. I understand he's probably under contract, but sitting around in a tournament where you are obviously better than anyone in your weight class is lame. Chuck should go ahead and go for the gold. He even said he wanted to fight Silva. He should try now before he starts loosing his edge like Igor (or, god forbid, Sakuraba).

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 11:48 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

who's seen the doco/ movie about mark kerr aka the smashing machine
mad movie about his personal drug crisis, and relationships and stuff.

yeah he was addicted to pain meds and stuff.
gud movie, we also see an insight into the japanese mixed martial arts world.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 07:08 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Mark Kerr is a lot like Vitor Belfort.They both should have been the best but it didn't happen for different reasons.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 01:13 AM
dirk

What did you think of UFC 56: Full Force?

The Franklin knockout was as good as you are ever going to see. Matt dominated as usual which I liked.

GSP vs. Sherk was great. GSP is amazing. He and Loiseau are the next big stars.

Horn vs. Prangley was a lot better than I thought it would be. And the announcements were incredible. Dana White finally stepped up.

I am not the biggest fan of TUF, but the next season is going to be incredible. You know Tito is going to stir up some shit.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 07:38 AM
dirk is currently offline Click here to Send dirk a Private Message Find more posts by dirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matty22

andrei arloski is the best

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 11:39 PM
matty22 is currently offline Click here to Send matty22 a Private Message Find more posts by matty22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by matty22
andrei arloski is the best

The best at what? He doesn't look too great to me. Then again, nothing in the UFC looks that impressive nowadays. Pride is where the real fighters are.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 12:07 AM
mr.smiley

Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes!

I can't belive it's happening!

I want Royce to win but I think Matt will take him though.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 02:22 PM
mr.smiley

Holy Shiznez!

Coleman takes out Shogun in like 45 seconds of round one.Very impressive.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 09:38 PM
StyleTime

I didn't get to see it. How does Rua lose Coleman? Rua was on fire in last year's Grand Prix?

How did Coleman beat him? Ground n pound?

Also. Did you see Crocop vs Mark Hunt? Crocop needs to take a little vacation and relocate his fighting spirit. He has seemed discouraged ever since he lost to Fedor. He should have beat Coleman normally.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 1st, 2006 at 02:56 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 02:54 AM
mr.smiley

Shogun went for a triangle and Coleman slammed him and broke his arm!

Yeah Crocop needs to evaluate himself,get some air,come back and kick some ass.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 02:33 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Just watched UFC 58 on PPV tonight. Kind of disappointing. There was some good match ups but no knockouts at all.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:31 AM
mr.smiley

I was pissed GSP won that match against Penn on a split decision.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 01:27 PM