KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs. A Sentinal

Batman vs. A Sentinal
Started by: GODSCRIBE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hancock1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badabing
Bat Kick.

True that ^

Old Post May 13th, 2006 04:48 AM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

Originally posted by TheKahn
Something tells me that if the Sentinels were designed to hunt down and defeat mutants in battle then they should be able to take a concussion grenade without much trouble. Besides Batman wouldn't be familiar with the Sentinels design so he would not know any of their weak spots.

Here is all I could find about the different types:
(please log in to view the image)
http://www.mutanthigh.com/tech/sentinels.html

Sentinels may have been designed to hunt mutants but they're no good at it. Almost every single mutant on the X-Men roster has taken down a sentinel with ease. You can't tell me that the Sentinels can survive concussion grenades if they can't even survive a Wolverine stabbing, a Dazzler sparkler, or an explosive card from Gambit.

Big Sexy, are you anti-DC? Just a question, cause I keep remembering your posts. You seem to dislike Batman (I mean really dislike him), Aquaman, Superman (the movie actually), and Flash.

Old Post May 13th, 2006 07:18 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Sentinels may have been designed to hunt mutants but they're no good at it. Almost every single mutant on the X-Men roster has taken down a sentinel with ease. You can't tell me that the Sentinels can survive concussion grenades if they can't even survive a Wolverine stabbing, a Dazzler sparkler, or an explosive card from Gambit.

Big Sexy, are you anti-DC? Just a question, cause I keep remembering your posts. You seem to dislike Batman (I mean really dislike him), Aquaman, Superman (the movie actually), and Flash.

Hey i dislike the movie.....

Old Post May 13th, 2006 07:39 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

bat kick>ultimate nullifier

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:10 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Dude, I love Batman. He is one of my favorite characters . I have many, MANY Batman comics . its just I look at some of these threads realistically. For all Batman has done, he is still a man. When I see people put him against Spiderman , Hulk etc
Its no different than making Cap fight Superman or WW.

Last edited by HueyFreeman on May 14th, 2006 at 05:23 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:16 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

As far as the Superman movie goes. I like the show smallville and I think the dude that plays clark is pretty good, but that guy in the Superman returns trailor looks like a herb.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on May 14th, 2006 at 05:26 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:18 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

and the only reason I dont mension movies like the Hulk, Electra, or the punisher is there not even worthy of mentioning. When have I spoken bad against Flash? All I said was he has a terrible rogues gallery and its true. Come on , an eskimo and a gorilla. This dude travels over the speed of light, you'd think he would have better villians,

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on May 14th, 2006 at 05:29 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:19 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

That's because every member of the X-Men have spent hours upon hours learning and practicing exactly how to take down a Sentinel (ie learning where the vulnerable areas are and how to attack them) wink. Makes sense as they do hunt mutants after all.

For example:

Notice in this picture that Wolverine knows exactly where on the Sentinel he needs to attack to stop it (its mainframe) and, apparently, Scott is familiar enough with that method for damaging a Sentinel that he realizes that this method would take too long for the given situation.

Batman, on the other hand, would have no such familiarity and he could very well waste what explosives he has in attacking either a well armored section or one that is unimportant. What I mean is that while weak points do exists Batman, unlike the X-Men who train constantly to be able to defeat the Sentinels, would not know where they are or how to best attack them.

Now give Bats some blue prints and a little time to study them and he'd at least have a shot but in a straight up fight with the level of familiarity that the "basic knowledge" clause of this forum allows, I can't possibly see how Batman could beat a Sentinel.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:21 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Big Sexy
and the only reason I dont mension movies like the Hulk, Electra, or the punisher is there not even worthy of mentioning.

Hey , the Punisher was ok.....

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:22 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

I did not like the Punisher because he had no real conflict. With movies like Superman, X-men, and Spiderman the villian had the upper edge. It was like Frank has is family killed, so he wins without conflict.

How bad was that scene when he fought the dude with the guitar or kevin nash.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 14th, 2006 05:33 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Big Sexy
I did not like the Punisher because he had no real conflict. With movies like Superman, X-men, and Spiderman the villian had the upper edge. It was like Frank has is family killed, so he wins without conflict.

How bad was that scene when he fought the dude with the guitar or kevin nash.

I thought it was funny.

"What kind of dumb son of a ***** brings a knife to a gun fight"

*WHIP*

"Grugghghgh"

Old Post May 14th, 2006 06:00 PM
MrHeavySilence

That's because every member of the X-Men have spent hours upon hours learning and practicing exactly how to take down a Sentinel (ie learning where the vulnerable areas are and how to attack them) wink. Makes sense as they do hunt mutants after all.

For example:

Notice in this picture that Wolverine knows exactly where on the Sentinel he needs to attack to stop it (its mainframe) and, apparently, Scott is familiar enough with that method for damaging a Sentinel that he realizes that this method would take too long for the given situation.

Batman, on the other hand, would have no such familiarity and he could very well waste what explosives he has in attacking either a well armored section or one that is unimportant. What I mean is that while weak points do exists Batman, unlike the X-Men who train constantly to be able to defeat the Sentinels, would not know where they are or how to best attack them.

Now give Bats some blue prints and a little time to study them and he'd at least have a shot but in a straight up fight with the level of familiarity that the "basic knowledge" clause of this forum allows, I can't possibly see how Batman could beat a Sentinel.

Didn't you tell me that forum rules dictate that people in versus threads know a little bit about the other opponent? So that would mean all Bats has to do is analyze things with the computer in his cowl and his radiological clock and pinpoint all the schematics of the Sentinel with a single command? Hell, he's done stuff like that with his helmet interface before, and seeing as how he's such a genius, he'd probably figure out where to bop the Sentinel anyway. And your training thing is off, because people who haven't gone through training, like Jubilee and Spiderman have taken down Sentinels without knowing anything about them.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 09:35 PM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Does Batman have the Batmobile for this fight?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 14th, 2006 09:41 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

batman R.I.P

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post May 14th, 2006 09:42 PM
diabloman is currently offline Click here to Send diabloman a Private Message Find more posts by diabloman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

No, they said he has no tech or weapons

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 14th, 2006 09:43 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Didn't you tell me that forum rules dictate that people in versus threads know a little bit about the other opponent? So that would mean all Bats has to do is analyze things with the computer in his cowl and his radiological clock and pinpoint all the schematics of the Sentinel with a single command? Hell, he's done stuff like that with his helmet interface before, and seeing as how he's such a genius, he'd probably figure out where to bop the Sentinel anyway. And your training thing is off, because people who haven't gone through training, like Jubilee and Spiderman have taken down Sentinels without knowing anything about them.

Here is a link to the forum rules in case you haven't read them yourself yet.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308157.html

To point, Batman would know what the average person in the Marvel universe knows about them which, I imagine, is little more than that they are giant robots that hunt mutants. Of course your theory depends on several factors all going in Batman's direction such as the Sentinel's have no shielding to protect them against such scanning, that Batman actually lives long enough to conduct such a scan and the subsequent attack which I find unlikely as he is facing a weapon designed to attack and kill beings with superpowers (ie super strength, speed, durability, ect) and he has only peak-human physical abilities, and finally that the explosives that Batman carries are powerful enough to even dent a Sentinel's armor.

Also Jubilee and Spiderman had both the advantages of superpowers and not fighting in an arena type environment.

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post May 14th, 2006 10:30 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrHeavySilence

Here is a link to the forum rules in case you haven't read them yourself yet.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t308157.html

To point, Batman would know what the average person in the Marvel universe knows about them which, I imagine, is little more than that they are giant robots that hunt mutants. Of course your theory depends on several factors all going in Batman's direction such as the Sentinel's have no shielding to protect them against such scanning, that Batman actually lives long enough to conduct such a scan and the subsequent attack which I find unlikely as he is facing a weapon designed to attack and kill beings with superpowers (ie super strength, speed, durability, ect) and he has only peak-human physical abilities, and finally that the explosives that Batman carries are powerful enough to even dent a Sentinel's armor.

Also Jubilee and Spiderman had both the advantages of superpowers and not fighting in an arena type environment.

I know for fact that they have no such protection for scanning because Iron Man has done it and X-Men jets have done it. Batman will live long enough because Sentinels have lots of trouble dealing with mutants that are agile. They've always had trouble with people like Beast or Wolverine. In fact, the Sentinels in Ultimate X-Men completely suck, Beast, Storm, Iceman, Cyclops, and Colossus took Sentinels on in a seemingly 3 to 1 ratio. Bottom line, Sentinels aren't going to get someone like Batman. Those weapons you talk about are also very poorly designed because they have trouble hitting their targets. And of course explosives that Batman carry are powerful enough to dent it. I'm willing to bet those concussion grenades are a lot more powerful than some exploding cards.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 10:40 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I know for fact that they have no such protection for scanning because Iron Man has done it and X-Men jets have done it.

Or that could mean that the X-Men and Iron Man know how to get though the shielding.

Batman will live long enough because Sentinels have lots of trouble dealing with mutants that are agile. They've always had trouble with people like Beast or Wolverine.

Too bad Batman doesn't have superhuman agility like Beast or Wolverine. sad

In fact, the Sentinels in Ultimate X-Men completely suck, Beast, Storm, Iceman, Cyclops, and Colossus took Sentinels on in a seemingly 3 to 1 ratio.

This, from what I can tell from the thread-starter's post, is a 616 Sentinel so bringing up the Ultimate Sentinels is pointless as their feats do no apply.

Bottom line, Sentinels aren't going to get someone like Batman. Those weapons you talk about are also very poorly designed because they have trouble hitting their targets. And of course explosives that Batman carry are powerful enough to dent it. I'm willing to bet those concussion grenades are a lot more powerful than some exploding cards.

What is it about Batman that makes Batman invulnerable to all the Sentinel's attacks? They have hit or killed mutants who are/were faster, stronger, and more durable than Bruce Wayne. As for the exploding cards, I (iirc) Gambit has destroyed an entire building with a single card before. Their destructive ability depends on how much he charges them.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 11:05 PM
MrHeavySilence

[QUOTE=6509564]Originally posted by TheKahn
Or that could mean that the X-Men and Iron Man know how to get though the shielding.

There's enough to reason that Sentinels have no such shielding, because they've never shown to have any.

Too bad Batman doesn't have superhuman agility like Beast or Wolverine. sad

You're right, but he's still fast. Fast enough not to get hit.

This, from what I can tell from the thread-starter's post, is a 616 Sentinel so bringing up the Ultimate Sentinels is pointless as their feats do no apply.

Okay, I was just saying that Sentinels aren't as great as you make them out to be in comparison to Batman.

What is it about Batman that makes Batman invulnerable to all the Sentinel's attacks? They have hit or killed mutants who are/were faster, stronger, and more durable than Bruce Wayne.

Sure they have, but more often than not, they've been taken out by people that are exactly or near Batman's level. How many mutants have been killed in comparison to the number of Sentinels destroyed? I'm sure you could say that Sentinels don't have a great winning streak.

As for the exploding cards, I (iirc) Gambit has destroyed an entire building with a single card before. Their destructive ability depends on how much he charges them.

Okay, I'll give you that; I underestimated the power of the cards. But still, the energy that Gambit put into those cards couldn't have been a lot because those explosions look miniscule and weak compared to that building explosion. I think the concussion grenades are just as strong if not stronger than those cards he uses to take out Sentinels.

Old Post May 14th, 2006 11:21 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

There's enough to reason that Sentinels have no such shielding, because they've never shown to have any.

Fair point.

You're right, but he's still fast. Fast enough not to get hit.

This is what I'm having a problem with. How can you say that? If they have hit faster characters before, then how can you claim that Batman is, seemingly without a doubt, able to avoid their attacks. blink

Okay, I was just saying that Sentinels aren't as great as you make them out to be in comparison to Batman.

They are heavily armored weapon platforms that were designed to attack and kill beings with super powers. For example the link I posted earlier has a picture of an older Sentinel hitting Cannonball with liquid nitrogen and Cannonball is much faster then Batman. So I just can't see how it would be impossible for them to him Batman. Also how a human being with no prior experience fighting them can somehow defeat them with only a few explosives? All it has to do is fly 50 feet into the air and blast away at Batman until they hit him.

The Sentinel can easily fly out of Batman's range and take him out from a distance.

Sure they have, but more often than not, they've been taken out by people that are exactly or near Batman's level. How many mutants have been killed in comparison to the number of Sentinels destroyed? I'm sure you could say that Sentinels don't have a great winning streak.

What? All of the X-men are well beyond "Batman's level" as they have superpowers. Now of course the number of casualties that the Sentinels inflict is limited (as nearly all villains are) because most companies are reluctant to kill off their characters. But a good look a the days of future past storylines or the recent 16 million mutant massacre on Genosha reveals just how formidable the Sentinels could be.

Okay, I'll give you that; I underestimated the power of the cards. But still, the energy that Gambit put into those cards couldn't have been a lot because those explosions look miniscule and weak compared to that building explosion. I think the concussion grenades are just as strong if not stronger than those cards he uses to take out Sentinels.

Remember that Gambit would have to limit the energy he puts into his cards when fighting with fellow X-Men as the resultant explosion could hurt them as well as the Sentinel. That being said a concussive grenade couldn't even punch through a thin plate of metal much less reinforced armor as it isn't an explosive. The "concussion" part of the grenade is just a sound wave of about 170-180 decibels that is meant to stun a human being. As Sentinels have taken Banshee's scream before, I doubt this is a great danger.

Now the Thermite Batman carries is explosive but given the impacts the Sentinel's armor has taken in the past, I highly doubt the few pounds (at most) Batman carries would be enough to damage it. And even if it was the Sentinel can easily fly into the air easily out of Batman's range.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 12:03 AM