KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs. A Sentinal

Batman vs. A Sentinal
Started by: GODSCRIBE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrHeavySilence

[QUOTE=6510012]Originally posted by TheKahn

This is what I'm having a problem with. How can you say that? If they have hit faster characters before, then how can you claim that Batman is, seemingly without a doubt, able to avoid their attacks.

Because surviving requires more than just speed. It requires cunningness and intelligence.

They are heavily armored weapon platforms that were designed to attack and kill beings with super powers. For example the link I posted earlier has a picture of an older Sentinel hitting Cannonball with liquid nitrogen and Cannonball is much faster then Batman. So I just can't see how it would be impossible for them to him Batman.

Cannonball, ah..this guy: (please log in to view the image)

He's not that impressive. Batman is better than that, you forget that Batman trains, just like the X-Men, with better training.

Also how a human being with no prior experience fighting them can somehow defeat them with only a few explosives?

Once he reads their specs, he'll know where to fire the explosives. And what mutant HASN'T taken down a sentinel?

All it has to do is fly 50 feet into the air and blast away at Batman until they hit him.

And what if Batman grapnels himself onto the foot and throws the concussion grenades to destroy it?

The Sentinel can easily fly out of Batman's range and take him out from a distance.

Really? Because the Sentinel would be farther away. The reason Sentinels get so close is because the X-Men, Avengers, and Spidey dodge their beams easily when they're far off in the sky.

What? All of the X-men are well beyond "Batman's level" as they have superpowers.

Well that's open to dispute, superpowers don't equate to greatness.

Now of course the number of casualties that the Sentinels inflict is limited (as nearly all villains are) because most companies are reluctant to kill off their characters. But a good look a the days of future past storylines or the recent 16 million mutant massacre on Genosha reveals just how formidable the Sentinels could be.

How many "skilled" people have they managed to kill?

Remember that Gambit would have to limit the energy he puts into his cards when fighting with fellow X-Men as the resultant explosion could hurt them as well as the Sentinel. That being said a concussive grenade couldn't even punch through a thin plate of metal much less reinforced armor as it isn't an explosive.

[b]The "concussion" part of the grenade is just a sound wave of about 170-180 decibels that is meant to stun a human being.

And it also is used for demolition.

As Sentinels have taken Banshee's scream before, I doubt this is a great danger.

Its not just a sound blast.

Now the Thermite Batman carries is explosive but given the impacts the Sentinel's armor has taken in the past, I highly doubt the few pounds (at most) Batman carries would be enough to damage it.

Look, I've read comics where Avenger members like Hawkeye can take them down with arrows, comics where Spidey webs their faces in and knocks them down with a dropkick, comics where even Beast can pull stuff of. They really aren't as great as you make them out to be.

And even if it was the Sentinel can easily fly into the air easily out of Batman's range.

I seriously doubt the Sentinel has a big enough conscience to realize, "I'm going to fly in the air," because they never do that against the countless fights I've seen them in. They're not that smart.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 02:25 AM
MrHeavySilence is currently offline Click here to Send MrHeavySilence a Private Message Find more posts by MrHeavySilence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

great debate! im leaning towards the sentinal now..about 10/10 or so.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:43 AM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

interesting.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:51 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Madvillain
interesting.
Very... very interesting.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 12:37 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

bump.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 11:35 PM
Konton
Homo Magi

Sentinel in a literal stomp.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 11:54 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The Bat-characters are known to carry small EMP devices. Nightwing and Batman have both used them.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 5th, 2009 11:59 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think Batman stands a chance. He packs some potent equipment in his utility belt, and with standard gear, holds his own against some very powerful people.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 12:54 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by diabloman
batman R.I.P

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 01:04 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Originally posted by Konton
Sentinel in a literal stomp.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2009 01:30 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote