KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud vs Squall

Cloud vs Squall
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cloud 50 52.08%
Squall 38 39.58%
Draw 8 8.33%
Total: 96 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cloud vs Squall
Started by: Soujaboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr.Biscuits

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soren the Mage
Based on AC and Gameplay, Cloud mops it with Squall.

Well AC isn't a game so I don't know if it should be used in a game vs forum......erm

Based on Gameplay Squall would stomp cloud.Squall gets limit break very fast sometimes it doesn't even require yellow health to do it.Lionheart>>anything Cloud can do.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 09:17 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

characters that begin in a game are allowed...so AC counts

Old Post May 21st, 2006 09:22 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by MadMel
characters that begin in a game are allowed...so AC counts

Well that's not fair at all.......erm

Old Post May 21st, 2006 09:31 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

yeah it is, lets compare AC to the opening movie, or any movie in the game for that matter. Cloud wins, he's faster and stronger, we'll even take squall's speed in account during his lionhart move, hm....nope cloud still wins. I'll even prove that with something they're both in, KH!
Cloud was placed in higher difficulty level tournament not to mention, cloud's Sonic Blade out speeds squall's Lionhart as well.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 03:34 PM
Dragoncloud is currently offline Click here to Send Dragoncloud a Private Message Find more posts by Dragoncloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Cloud's faster and stronger? How and when did we ever see this? Oh great the state-of-the-art movie compared to the dated FFVIII. Great. Last time I checked Squall moves faster than Cloud does when Cloud performs the Omnislash. Hell I can't even count all the times 9999 pops up. Then Cloud and Sephiroth both get whooped by Sora. Please don't use KH for this. Aerith's alive in the game, and it is not canon.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 03:46 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Cloud's faster and stronger? How and when did we ever see this? Oh great the state-of-the-art movie compared to the dated FFVIII. Great. Last time I checked Squall moves faster than Cloud does when Cloud performs the Omnislash. Hell I can't even count all the times 9999 pops up. Then Cloud and Sephiroth both get whooped by Sora. Please don't use KH for this. Aerith's alive in the game, and it is not canon.
alright, but i've played both, dont' think AC should be brought into it and still think that cloud stomps the living crap out of squall. Cloud moves so fast during him omnislash, you can barely even notice the transition between moves, however squall does his little "i'm mr. hot and sexy" poses several time during the lionhart, bounces around like a slower yoda, and actually does LESS damage than Cloud does. I used KH though because it seemed like the easiest way to convert a noob since both character are actually in it. I do agree however that Aeris just didn't belong in that game, and neither her nor Yuffie should've been traveling with Squall (or Leon). That was Square's attempt to take a mediocre character and turn it into a much more popular one by mixing him with the widely familiar Aeris.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 03:56 PM
Dragoncloud is currently offline Click here to Send Dragoncloud a Private Message Find more posts by Dragoncloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

I think if they made a ff8 movie equivelent of Advent Children, you'd see Squall doing similar stuff to Cloud. Nothing in ff7 showed Cloud being able to do stuff he did in the movie. But you cant have a movie with cloud and sephiroth standing apart from each other, slashing with numbers popping up. So they made them all fight all cool stylish super style. If they did ff8 advent children or whatever they would call it, you'd see Squall performing similar feats.

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 04:03 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

ROFL. That reminds me of a cosplay movie based on FFVIII I found in youtube. Hilarious to say the least.

On topic don't get me wrong though; I believe neither Cloud nor Squall will have an easy time fighting each other.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 04:15 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

What the f**k? Squall's Lionheart does way more damage then Clouds Omnislash... roll eyes (sarcastic) Plus Squall does his rensoken(sp) before it which also does 9999 each hit.Also another edge Squall has that the Cloud fanboys keep ignoring is how fast Squall gets limit brake.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 04:24 PM
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Ponder this.

Lets compare game mechanics. Personally, I view them at an equal for this, but Ive heard a few people up here side with Squall on this one, so Ill go with this. When I say Game mechanics, Im talking about the sum of their attacks, weapons, armor, techniques, limits, etc, etc.

So we have.....

Squal game mechanics > Cloud game mechanics

Now, the problem is in AC, we see Cloud fighting with crazy amounts of power. But, in the movie towards the end, Tifa remarks that Cloud is fighting with the ferver that they all did before when fighting sephiroth. So if thats to be beleived, then the actions from the movie are ment to be representative of the game mechanics that they had at the end of the game. (just because they didnt have the technology to have the characters jump around like they do in AC, doesnt mean that Cloud and his enemies literally stood in one place while fighting)

So we have

Cloud game mechanics = Cloud Advent Children feats

and if THAT is true then....

Squall game mechanics > Cloud game mechanics = Cloud Advent Children feats

Which means Squall is the winner in the end.

Personally I think their game abilities are comparable, in which case it would be.

Squall game = Cloud game = Cloud Advent Children

And a draw

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 08:56 PM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Another thing you can consider is how Squall changes his Lionheart attack depending on the enemy.Such as when fighting the jumbo cactor you see Squall knocking this huge ass cactus who's hundreds of feet tall up in the air then jumping with him.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:32 PM
Marcellus
executioner

Squal and Cloud both appeared in Kingdom Heart's 1 and 2, after beating 2 and getting past Sephiroth you see Cloud fight like he does in advent children, where'as Squall.....well he kill's some heartless. granted he is badass while doing it.

at the Time Squall was better than Cloud on the ps1 platform, Lionheart did do more damage than omnislash. but Cloud obviosly improved, Squall hasnt demonstrated real improvement yet.

old school Squall takes Cloud

current Cloud takes Squall, until otherwise demonstrated

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:48 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Kingdom hearts is not a reliable source to determine how strong the character is just read some of the ealier post.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:51 PM
Marcellus
executioner

uh......? I dont see why?

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:53 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Well, it cant be really reliable because it has Mickey Mouse getting more kills than Squall.

And thats what we call Plot Induced Stupidity.

OOooooo I went there. Here come the Kingdom Hearts fans.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 04:27 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Well, it cant be really reliable because it has Mickey Mouse getting more kills than Squall.

I'm a KH fan and I agree...... laughing even though in the game keyblader's are more powerful then everyone else.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 12:39 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

*Shares Anti-KH shields with fellow soldiers.*

Old Post May 24th, 2006 12:37 AM
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Dan can take Mickey.............

Old Post May 24th, 2006 03:27 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
*Shares Anti-KH shields with fellow soldiers.*

Old Post May 24th, 2006 03:57 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Originally posted by Onikirimaru

Ok fine KH can be thrown out, but I do dare say that mickey being more important to the story in KH might be why he got more kill's.
but all three were present at the hallow bastion brawl, no way to tell how many each got...either way

but hey they both own Tidus big grin

Old Post May 24th, 2006 05:00 AM