KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gambit runs the gauntlet

Gambit runs the gauntlet
Started by: Psyquis52

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manorastroman

shit, i could think up a scenario where gambit could win all of these, save colossus.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:09 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... Frank is going to walk into the junkyard shouting "Here I am Gambit, come and kill me please!" If... IF Gambit found Frank and decided he was going to blow up some cars the sharpnel is just as likely to take him out as it is Frank. And seeing as Punisher has shot the web slingers of Spider-man's wrists if the fight does get out into the open he still has a good chance of putting a bullet into Remy.

Originally posted by Psyquis52
Gambit is familiar with the location and he knows who's coming to fight him.

Gambit knows who's coming for him....Plus Gambit can charge with a timing affect.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:10 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm familiar with the woods across the road from my house. Does that mean that if I was in there looking for someone that they couldn't avoid detection? Not a chance.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 15th, 2006 at 05:17 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:13 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I'm familiar with the woods across the road from my house. Does that mean that if I was in there looking for someone that they could avoid detection? Not a chance.

Er, I think you meant something else with that...Because you just said Gambit COULD find Frank....Gambit knows whos coming for him...That means he knows THEY'RE coming.

You're arguing from the wrong way...You're saying that Frank is the one preparing for Gambit...When in truth, it's Gambit preparing for Frank

Last edited by Darth Macabre on May 15th, 2006 at 05:16 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:14 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Hehe yeah I edited the above post

I ment to say "couldn't".

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:17 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Gambit doesn't prepare could defenses.... Punisher does...

And I'm sorry.. it's hard to look past your Av AND sig and not conclude that you're a gambit "Fanboy"

-_-

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:28 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Gambit doesn't prepare could defenses.... Punisher does...

And I'm sorry.. it's hard to look past your Av AND sig and not conclude that you're a gambit "Fanboy"

Haha...I had the Civil war sig, but after I saw the hatred I put this one back up....And did you not see what I said about the fight? I admitted the times Gambit would lose.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:29 AM
manorastroman

what am i, chopped liver?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:29 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

and I dissagree with you wink

If you want proof of my dissagreement... it lies in "Captain America Vs. Gambit"

-_-

Last edited by Blight on May 15th, 2006 at 05:41 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:33 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

My exact statement was that Gambit knows who's coming to fight him.

In other words one could imply that his opponents are also aware of who they are fighting

Whoah!

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:39 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

My exact statement was that Gambit knows who's coming to fight him.

In other words one could imply that his opponents are also aware of who they are fighting

How could one take "opponents know as well" from Gambit knows who's coming for him....It doesn't say they ALL know who's coming for him....So which is it?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:42 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
How could one take "opponents know as well" from Gambit knows who's coming for him....It doesn't say they ALL know who's coming for him....So which is it?

... if they didn't know they were about to fight someone then what are they doing in a random junk yard in the middle of the night?

Old Post May 15th, 2006 05:57 AM
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

Originally posted by Darth Macabre

READ THE EXACT QUOTE!

Or rather let me quote the last three words for you - TO FIGHT HIM

Whoah!

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:03 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

READ THE EXACT QUOTE!

Or rather let me quote the last three words for you - TO FIGHT HIM

Yes, but if he knows who he's fighting, he knows they're going to be coming at one point or another....Therefore he knows they're coming...Now, I ask again, do they know they're fighting him or not?

You said he (as in Gambit) know's whos coming to fight him...If you wanted everyone to know, you shouldnt have singled out Gambit...By saying "He" knows who he's fighting, you maid it seem like only he knew.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on May 15th, 2006 at 06:13 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:11 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

... if they didn't know they were about to fight someone then what are they doing in a random junk yard in the middle of the night?

Knowing who you are about to fight, is much differnet then knowing you're going to fight someone....

Ie: you're fighting Superman...So you'd bring (if you could) Kryptonite, and kryptonite oriented weapons, would you not?

If you know that you're fighting someone but not who, you'd bring a more general weapons base.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:16 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Dude... the quote is:

He know's they're coming TO FIGHT HIM

That completely entails that they are coming to fight HIM Specifically, does it not? Therefore they KNOW they're fighting him because they're coming TO FIGHT HIM to do it... right?

-_-

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:21 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Dude... the quote is:

He know's they're coming TO FIGHT HIM

That completely entails that they are coming to fight HIM Specifically, does it not? Therefore they KNOW they're fighting him because they're coming TO FIGHT HIM to do it... right?

"He knows who's coming to fight him" doesn't necessarily imply that THEY know who they're fighting...They could just know they're fighting someone, but not necessarily know who.

By saying "He knows" that implies that he, and only he, knows who EXACTLY he's fighting.

I'm simply asking how Psyquis meant it...That's all...I don't know why I'm getting bombarded with the same quote...Not that I mind or anything, just a little confused.

Anyways, how did this conversation start?

Last edited by Darth Macabre on May 15th, 2006 at 06:28 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:23 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

but, as it says, they're coming to fight HIM... and even if THAT doesn't sink in... The Original Creator of the Topic stated that they KNOW it's him afterwords... just to clear things up.

So yes.. They know they're coming to fight him

-_-

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:25 AM
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

You're right I should have phrased it differently but don't get me wrong, the others are still at a disadvantage there. This is a veritable cornicopia of weaponry that Gambit can use to his advantage here.

He could charge anything there including the bottom car on a stack of cars then throws a rock to blow it or pipes, belts, cans, chains, whatever. The guy has a huge arsenal at his advantage here so let's hear what everyone thinks.

Whoah!

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:25 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

He dies stick out tongue

Horribly...

And Captain America Pulls his pants down at some point in time...

-_-

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:32 AM