KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu vs wong fei hung

Ryu vs wong fei hung
Started by: Blue nocturne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_remy
yeah i have read the link

ok it is your opinion

Man your a sf fanboy sad

Old Post May 18th, 2006 05:31 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Blue nocturne
And no one hits with superman force in sf are you crazy..

yup... you know jack shit about street fighters.

balrog has demolished a car with one blow.
chun li kicked a guy so hard he was embedded in concrete
she's kicked vega through 7 inches of brick wall with metal rebarb in it.
she's kicked tanks into shrapnel pieces.
sagat and ryu made craters in brick walls and rocks while fighting. eachother with their brute fore alone.

yes they punch very much with superhuman force.. wong fei hung has absolutely no chance of winning this unless ryu completely drops his ki and chi amped attacks...

p.s. ryu's held up a 10 ton boulder while in horse stance and did it indefinitely
he's very much in the superhuman range.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 10:07 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by jinzin

sagat and ryu made craters in brick walls and rocks while fighting. eachother with their brute fore alone.

yes they punch very much with superhuman force.. wong fei hung has absolutely no chance of winning this unless ryu completely drops his ki and chi amped attacks...

p.s. ryu's held up a 10 ton boulder while in horse stance and did it indefinitely

Gen hasn't any of this and he's top tier,so what's your point?

Old Post May 19th, 2006 01:08 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Gen hasn't any of this and he's top tier,so what's your point?

What the f**k?

what the hell do you mean what's my point?
my point is that you said no one in sf hits with superhuman force.. you're obviously dead wrong... and bringing up the fact that gen hasn't done this doesn't disprove me point.. you were wrong.. face it.. you didn't know what the hell you were talking about and you got called out on it.. that's what my damned point is..

as for gen, his martial arts technique emphasis internal chi not ki.. so the fact that he hasn't done this is irralevant because 1) that's not the strength of his style and 2) ryu HAS done it...

Old Post May 19th, 2006 03:24 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

What the f**k?

my point is that you said no one in sf hits with superhuman force.. you're obviously dead wrong... and bringing up the fact that gen hasn't done this doesn't disprove me point.. you were wrong.. face it.. you didn't know what the hell you were talking about and you got called out on it.. that's what my damned point is..

as for gen, his martial arts technique emphasis internal chi not ki.. so the fact that he hasn't done this is irralevant because 1) that's not the strength of his style and 2) ryu HAS done it...

I think Blue nocturne you just got

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post May 19th, 2006 03:48 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

well said laughing Happy Dance

Old Post May 19th, 2006 04:55 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

What the f**k?

I miss read, I thought you said "Superman" force my bad.
Anyway so does wong fei hung.

Actually chi and ki are the same, ki is what japanese call chi so yeah...

wether gen uses internal or external ki was never disclosed by capcom, and wong fei hung uses internal ki also, you haven't proved why ryu wins anyway

Last edited by Classic NES on May 19th, 2006 at 09:27 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2006 09:23 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

It seems gen uses a combination of both.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 09:39 PM
jinzin

I miss read, I thought you said "Superman" force my bad.
Anyway so does wong fei hung.

prove it... I've never seen wong fei hung do ANYTHING close to what the SF cast is capible of doing.. but you think you can name an example go for it.. I've seen every once upon a time in china and I've yet to see that.. hell i'll even let you use drunken master- wong fei hung if you'd like... or hell i'll even let you use feats from the iron monkey version too... pick whatever you choose...

Actually chi and ki are the same, ki is what japanese call chi so yeah...

good thing for my argument w don't live in japan..

no they're not the same thing..

in U.S. translation of energy and how it's used by many martial artists.... Ki is very clearly indicated to be an outward physical manifestation of an attack that is created through the use of focusing and honing on the internal shackras of the spirits energy or chi...

ki an attack created by chi..

you need chi to make a ki attack...

whether gen uses internal or external ki was never disclosed by capcom,

it's self evident.. he uses a crane style which cripples the internals of those he fights instead of brute force...

and wong fei hung uses internal ki also, you haven't proved why ryu wins anyway
again.. prove it...
when he had to fight iron robe he almost crapped his from that guy's durability.. a durability which is damn near common place with street fighters.. I.e. bison.

and yeah i did prove it already.. read the damned thread..

ryu is superhuman.. wong fei hung isn't...
ryu can level a building.... wong fei hung can't....
ryu has range... hung doesn't...
ryu can amp himself with enhanced chi levels.. hung's never shown the ability....

hung's good but against ryu he's a throwrug,
you need to prove how hung can win this.. I mean ryu's abilities are self evident.. hung's aren't... but please i encourage you to explain....

Old Post May 19th, 2006 10:19 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

prove it... I've never seen wong fei hung do ANYTHING close to what the SF cast is capible of doing.. but you think you can name an example go for it.. I've seen every once upon a time in china and I've yet to see that.. hell i'll even let you use drunken master- wong fei hung if you'd like... or hell i'll even let you use feats from the iron monkey version too... pick whatever you choose...

Once upon a time in china and america: Wong fei hung knocks bullets out the air with his robe.

Once upon a time in china: pulls a pole with one hand that 4 soldiers
brace with both hands, breaks a bamboo ladder with his legg.

Once upon a time in china 2 : Breaks a wall with a bamboo stick.

etc...

good thing for my argument w don't live in japan..

no they're not the same thing..

in U.S. translation of energy and how it's used by many martial artists.... Ki is very clearly indicated to be an outward physical manifestation of an attack that is created through the use of focusing and honing on the internal shackras of the spirits energy or chi...

ki an attack created by chi..

you need chi to make a ki attack...

Wrong, chi is the same as ki look it up.

it's self evident.. he uses a crane style which cripples the internals of those he fights instead of brute force...

again.. prove it...
when he had to fight iron robe he almost crapped his from that guy's durability.. a durability which is damn near common place with street fighters.. I.e. bison.

and yeah i did prove it already.. read the damned thread..

ryu is superhuman.. wong fei hung isn't...
ryu can level a building.... wong fei hung can't....
ryu has range... hung doesn't...
ryu can amp himself with enhanced chi levels.. hung's never shown the ability....

hung's good but against ryu he's a throwrug,
you need to prove how hung can win this.. I mean ryu's abilities are self evident.. hung's aren't... but please i encourage you to explain....

That's why he broke kungs iron robe in once upon a time in china 2 with ease right, anyway lifting ability doesn't mean crap. It's the skill that counts.Gen has less feats then alot of sf and he's top tier so your feats are moot.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 19th, 2006 at 10:34 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2006 10:24 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/190

Heres the definition.

ki and chi (Qi) is air or energy samething.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 19th, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2006 10:30 PM
jinzin

Once upon a time in china and america: Wong fei hung knocks bullets out the air with his robe.

Once upon a time in china: pulls a pole with one hand that 4 soldiers
brace with both hands, breaks a bamboo ladder with his legg.

Once upon a time in china 2 : Breaks a wall with a bamboo stick.

etc...

embedding badbuys in concrete craters>>>>>>>>>>>bambo ladders.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyfeats where he's using weapons are irrelavent....

donotello can break metal robots with his staff.. that doesn't mean he can punch through them...

Wrong, chi is the same as ki look it up.

why would I look it up? i've been studying it for 10 years.. not the same..

That's why he broke kungs iron robe in once upon a time in china 2 with ease right, anyway lifting ability doesn't mean crap. It's the skill that counts.Gen has less feats then alot of sf and he's top tier so your feats are moot.
first off it wasn't with ease and second it was after a lot of running away on his part...

feats are not moot... hung needs feats to support a thesis for winning this.. you stil haven't explain how he has a chance here.. I'm still waiting.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 11:58 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

embedding badbuys in concrete craters>>>>>>>>>>>bambo ladders.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyfeats where he's using weapons are irrelavent....

donotello can break metal robots with his staff.. that doesn't mean he can punch through them...

That's still an impressive feat

[B]

why would I look it up? i've been studying it for 10 years.. not the same..

Then you don't know what you're talking about. Chi is not a Japanese word, it never was and it never will be. So how is chi a result of applying ki if the word chi is not in the Japanese vocabulary? Jing is a result of the application of Chi. Hit the books, kid.

[B]

first off it wasn't with ease and second it was after a lot of running away on his part...

feats are not moot... hung needs feats to support a thesis for winning this.. you stil haven't explain how he has a chance here.. I'm still waiting.

The feats are moot because Gen doesn't perform that much feats and he's top tier. He wins because he outskills Ryu because he is a MASTER and Ryu IS NOT.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 20th, 2006 at 02:07 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2006 02:03 AM
Hoshi

firstly , the "ki " for japanese people has a definition , the chi for the chinese people has other definition .The japanese ones see the "ki " as the power that exists in all beings of the universe and stuff like that , the chi is the internal power and etc. I dont have idea why some guys says they are the same thing .
Ryu has trained since he was a child just like wong , and ryu IS indeed a master , although ryu doesnt consider himself a master because he is a modest person(as any true master in my opnion) .
Ryus ansatsuken style can hurt not only the enemies body , it can also hurt the mind and soul , and has a destructive power able to melt steel if used correctly. Wong was able to train with different persons while he was travelling with his father , but so did ryu , the only difference is that wong trained almost ony in china if i remeber correctly , that mean he has only fought against china fighters and some from the america .Ryu has fough guys from all over the worl , and they were no pushouver , I can even say ryu fought the champions of most of the martial arts from the worls.
Boxe champion: balrog(mike bison in japanese) , killed an elephant with one punch destroyed heavy tanks with one or two punchs.
Kung Fu champion: fei long, chun lee, gen , etc.Gen could hit a guy 13 times and the poor one would only be able to noticed it some seconds after.
Other ansatsuken fighter: ken masters, gouki , gen .
speed:ryu dodged bullets as they were in slow motion .
Power: the guy is destroying a mountain !!!!
tech:ansatsuken , a hell powerfull style
exp: fought since he was a small kid , trained his whole life with his master , and after that he trained with champions from all over the world .

Old Post May 21st, 2006 05:42 PM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Hoshi
firstly , the "ki " for japanese people has a definition , the chi for the chinese people has other definition .The japanese ones see the "ki " as the power that exists in all beings of the universe and stuff like that , the chi is the internal power and etc. I dont have idea why some guys says they are the same thing .
Ryu has trained since he was a child just like wong , and ryu IS indeed a master , although ryu doesnt consider himself a master because he is a modest person(as any true master in my opnion) .
Ryus ansatsuken style can hurt not only the enemies body , it can also hurt the mind and soul , and has a destructive power able to melt steel if used correctly. Wong was able to train with different persons while he was travelling with his father , but so did ryu , the only difference is that wong trained almost ony in china if i remeber correctly , that mean he has only fought against china fighters and some from the america .Ryu has fough guys from all over the worl , and they were no pushouver , I can even say ryu fought the champions of most of the martial arts from the worls.
Boxe champion: balrog(mike bison in japanese) , killed an elephant with one punch destroyed heavy tanks with one or two punchs.
Kung Fu champion: fei long, chun lee, gen , etc.Gen could hit a guy 13 times and the poor one would only be able to noticed it some seconds after.
Other ansatsuken fighter: ken masters, gouki , gen .
speed:ryu dodged bullets as they were in slow motion .
Power: the guy is destroying a mountain !!!!
tech:ansatsuken , a hell powerfull style
exp: fought since he was a small kid , trained his whole life with his master , and after that he trained with champions from all over the world .

No chi has the same definition as ki

Qi/Ki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi

Old Post May 21st, 2006 06:49 PM
Hoshi

as I said before , some think it is , and maybe it is , but chi is a chinese word , and ki is a japanese one , but they see it from other ways .Lets say that a japanese guy think chi is the same as ki, and a chinese one think that ki is the same as chi , but their opnion about it is different.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 07:52 PM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

as I said before , some think it is , and maybe it is , but chi is a chinese word , and ki is a japanese one , but they see it from other ways .Lets say that a japanese guy think chi is the same as ki, and a chinese one think that ki is the same as chi , but their opnion about it is different.

Well I'm not quoting opinions, ki is the same as chi, you said they are different because chi is only internal energy. but in actuality it's believed to exsist inside all things, they are the same just different name.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 21st, 2006 at 08:19 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2006 08:16 PM
Hoshi

I wasnt really saying a definiton, i was just saying they were different for chinese and japanese people , ki and chi are basically the same for them , but the ki/chi of wong is different from the ki/chi from ryu.
The chi/ki of the chinese ones are as you can see , used in different ways than in japanese culture , in the chinese movies you can most of times see the chi/ki used ön techs like light foot that makes them able to "walk" on a river , and powers likë: hero , crouching tiger hidden dragon , etc .
The ki/chi that ryu uses is different , he uses his ki/chi in different ways than wong , ryu uses it in a way that he can gather from nature and himself a concussive way that can destroy mountains and stuff like that , his strengh and speed are increased just like wong, but you can easly say they use these special attributes in very different ways.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 08:41 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I wasnt really saying a definiton, i was just saying they were different for chinese and japanese people , ki and chi are basically the same for them , but the ki/chi of Wong is different from the ki/chi from ryu.
The chi/ki of the chinese ones are as you can see , used in different ways than in japanese culture , in the chinese movies you can most of times see the chi/ki used ön techs like light foot that makes them able to "walk" on a river , and powers likë: hero , crouching tiger hidden dragon , etc .
The ki/chi that ryu uses is different , he uses his ki/chi in different ways than Wong , ryu uses it in a way that he can gather from nature and himself a concussive way that can destroy mountains and stuff like that , his strengh and speed are increased just like Wong, but you can easly say they use these special attributes in very different ways.

Oh okay I understand, I dunno if ryu could win look at the point I brung with gen, he has little feats and seems to only reside in china yet he's strong. I think Wong could give ryu trouble.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 08:50 PM
Hoshi

gen is the same class of ryu , not above , the only ones above ryu are: shin akuma , oro, gill . But remember gen just like ryu fought his entire life(he is very old ) against people from all over the world , the only difference between ryu and gen is that ryu fought just to improve himself , while gen fought to kill his opponent by pleasure.
Remember also that gens true power is destroying the internal not the body . He can kill a person today and the person will day a week later (yeah, it is strange !!) .

Old Post May 21st, 2006 08:56 PM