KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Tekken vs Street Fighter

Tekken vs Street Fighter
Started by: shin_remy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

and the little fact that ryu dodges bullets, see hwoarangs ending in tekken 3, jin does the same. and jin gets hit in the forehead in tekken 3, also, and survived

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 09:11 AM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Unfortunately for your argument, retreating and running behind a car is very different from standing less than 10 feet from the gunman and slipping bitween the bullets, closing the gap, and kicking the Gunman in the face.

This is a feat of ryu's speed, perception and experience.

And the ONLY reason Jin survived that shot is because he transformed into Devil Jin, which does grant Jin added protection. But that protection is short lived against body and soul destroying attacks that damn near rival those found in DBZ.

And last but certainly not least, When has Jin ever withstood landmass destroying force? Oh and since when has Jinpachi been able to blow up a planet? Last I heard he is able to destroy all life on the planet, but not the planet itself, it even said as much in his ending...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 12:45 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

i havent said the earth, but everything, also life. and the fact that ryu can take akumas punches are simple:

lets say you can punch trough a rock... then i hold a piece of paper in front of you. punch it. it will not break, just movewink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 01:56 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
What?!, I'm not gooing to even comment on that.

zangief?.... blanka?.... balrog?... hugo?... they're dumb as a board but they fight well... need more examples?

they dont need brains simply because they have the power (and in a few cases speed) to make up for being idiots

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 02:09 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
zangief?.... blanka?.... balrog?... hugo?... they're dumb as a board but they fight well... need more examples?

they dont need brains simply because they have the power (and in a few cases speed) to make up for being idiots

Of course intelligence is a huge case. Fighters you mentioned are stupid and could never be the best. They fight on raw strneght and clueless, they can never be among the best.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 02:35 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

dont forget those dummies can land a lucky critical hit and send 'the best' for a hospital visit... it happens all the time

people like ryu an ken are the 'jack of all trades'... which limits them just as much as it helps them

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 02:48 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

dont forget those dummies can land a lucky critical hit and send 'the best' for a hospital visit... it happens all the time

In the real world yes, in SFU, no.
Such as Zangief, Blanka,... thy cannot touch Ryu from SF3, he is just too powerful for them. Even if they would have lucky shot, it wouldn't help them against Ryu, Ken, Sagat, not mentioning AKuma, Oro, Gill.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 03:35 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

just to be clear on this... what do you view as 'intelligence' for these fighters?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 03:47 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

just to be clear on this... what do you view as 'intelligence' for these fighters?

To fight smart, and not cluelss, To know who they fight, what to do in a fight, not like some Blanka, Zangief, Balrog,... who will do everything by raw strenght and only attack, only depending on his strenght.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 04:40 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Xplosive
To fight smart, and not cluelss, To know who they fight, what to do in a fight, not like some Blanka, Zangief, Balrog,... who will do everything by raw strenght and only attack, only depending on his strenght.

Zangief is an intelligent fighter by the way.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 09:35 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Balrog is not Dumb and

Zangief when he realy must is also not dumb

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 10:32 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by shin_remy
Balrog is not Dumb and

Zangief when he realy must is also not dumb

Balrog is dumb, but zangief is not.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 10:36 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I think intelligence is being confused with 'wit'

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 10:40 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I think intelligence is being confused with 'wit'

Know he is intelligent, he's an agent of the ussr in SFA3. look at R.mika ending, and you'll see my point.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 10:42 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Know he is intelligent, he's an agent of the ussr in SFA3. look at R.mika ending, and you'll see my point.
I wasnt referring to zangief

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 02:18 AM
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

why have muscles if you cant use them?? intelligence is the key which holds together all your maneuverswink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 11:47 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I wasnt referring to zangief

Beleive it or not... so was he laughing out loud

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 05:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, street fighter won this one... akuma, protectiles, speed... i am a tekken-fan, but tekken cant win

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 06:41 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Beleive it or not... so was he laughing out loud
I 'wasnt' ... he 'was'

Old Post Aug 14th, 2006 05:44 PM