KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Turok Game!

New Turok Game!
Started by: IcePunk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Turok 1 and 2 were awesome, the ones after...meh. Hope this one is good.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:48 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, the graphics look fvcking awsome. Gears of War awsome.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 05:46 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

This game looks cool....but it looks NOTHING like Turok. Helicopters, tactical squads, "Turok" looks like a marine from Doom 3..wtf? That isn't Turok. Not at all. The only thing that makes this at all like Turok is that there is grass and dinosaurs.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 04:08 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The only thing that makes this at all like Turok is that there is grass and dinosaurs.
And a bow + knife.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 04:29 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
This game looks cool....but it looks NOTHING like Turok. Helicopters, tactical squads, "Turok" looks like a marine from Doom 3..wtf? That isn't Turok. Not at all. The only thing that makes this at all like Turok is that there is grass and dinosaurs.

I think thats the point.

They have to change it because nonbody cares about the old Turok.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Yeah.

I think they even said that in some interview..

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:37 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it can't get worse than Evolution was.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:40 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think thats the point.

They have to change it because nonbody cares about the old Turok.

I'm sure fans of Turok 1 and 2 care about the old Turok, you know...the people who made it popular by buying it. I for one am pretty pissed at this. Turok was about being alone in huge levels by yourself and exploring around and finding stuff. It always kinda had a Metroid-esk feel to it, though with a lot more gore and shooting, which was why it was so awesome (Turok 2 in particular). They might as well just retired the Turok franchise and called this something else. This would be like making a Zelda proper (not a spin off) and making it a turn-based RPG. It wouldn't be Zelda and simply slapping on the name Zelda would not make it Zelda in the same way that slapping on the Turok name does not make this title a real Turok game.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 07:09 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Where were those fans for Turok 3, Turok Rage Wars and Turok Evolution?.

They couldnt just do another Turok like those and call it a day and expect people to play it.

It's an welcoming change to the Turok series, make it more modern because Turok Evolution sucked balls. Oh great, another ****ing dinosaur.... but this game, if it does have commando squads and helicopters kinda of makes it feel like Jurassic Park vs Counter Strike and that is an hell alot more interesting than some dude killing dino's.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 04:14 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

I think it comes down to opinion, really. Much like the opinions on whether Call of Duty should be modernized or not.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 04:39 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're like the ultimate peace keeper aren't you?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 05:14 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Game franchises need to be reinvented when things go stale.

If you dont like the move, cool. But to think that its smart to not do anything different and make another Turok game about the lizard king and some shitty villian cowboy and having a game that didnt sell at all, or have any sort of good criticism is not very good.

They have to do something. People dont give a shit about Turok. Seed of Evil was awesome, but thats 10 years ago. They need to do something.

Call of Duty 4 on the other hand....yeah, they have to modernize the setting. Call of Duty 3 was a dissappointment and if they kept to the WW2 setting, sales would of declined significantly.

Franchises have to reinvent themselves.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 06:56 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Dec 3rd, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 11:04 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Well the demo is out.....
Any impressions?

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 09:39 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

On xbl? Damn I need tio download that later.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 12:37 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by @st
On xbl? Damn I need tio download that later.

I had to make a Europian account to get cause it wasn't available on the American market place atleast yesterday haven't checked today.

About the demo it is about 20-25 minutes long with pretty intensive action you can use 5 type of weapons: Knife ,arrow,Smg,Shotgun and Pulse rifle some has alternate function like smg has silencer ,pulse gun has energy granade launcher and the shotty has flare which lures the dinos the knife animations are pretty well done and it's nice to see that you don't have to watch the back of the npc chars cause they can handle their attackers and the usually provide your help.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 02:13 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Darn it. Live Gold only.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 02:38 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Estacado
I had to make a Europian account to get cause it wasn't available on the American market place atleast yesterday haven't checked today.

About the demo it is about 20-25 minutes long with pretty intensive action you can use 5 type of weapons: Knife ,arrow,Smg,Shotgun and Pulse rifle some has alternate function like smg has silencer ,pulse gun has energy granade launcher and the shotty has flare which lures the dinos the knife animations are pretty well done and it's nice to see that you don't have to watch the back of the npc chars cause they can handle their attackers and the usually provide your help.

Sounds promising, man I hope this game turns out well. I used to love Turok.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 02:40 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

DLed the demo.

It's pretty good but it's pretty linear compared to the other Turok games and the voice acting is definitely not as good as in say, Mass Effect but still a whole lot better than say, the original Resident evil. The demo was kind of challenging, you often get outnumbered and it's easy to get killed if you lose your cool and your guard. This game's a definite rent if you ask me.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 08:23 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Well, I played the Demo and I gotta say that I'm much more impressed then I thought I'd be. Does it feel like 'Turok' Though? Yes and no. Parts scream "Turok" the bow and killing dino's is awesome and much cooler then before with the knife etc. I honestly think that they could have made this game 10 times better by at least adhering to the more mystic overtones of the original Turoks, that's my main gripe with this game.

Things I don't like:

1. Squad based crap. Honestly, not everything has to be squad based, just because its the "in" thing to do with FPS doesn't mean it should be in every damn one. Turok should have still been alone, this REALLY bugs the crap outta me.

2. The complete and utter disregard for the previous Turoks. The guys last name in this game is "Turok" where as before it was more of a title, they should have had it a title with the mystic destiny thing tied to it. I'm fine with it being in the future and all that, but why not say that your a crashed ex special ops agent (basically the same story as the actual game) but say that your squad died (all but the leader guy who, like in the actual game, is actually evil) and then have you find out later that you are a descendant of the Fireseed family and are the rightful heir to the mantel of "Turok" of which there has not been one in like 10 generations or something like that. Instead we get "Gears of War" like bullshit in a Turok game, honestly its stupid.

3. You being on a planet and not in the lost land. Ok, I'm fine with it being another planet, but they could have you find out that the "Portals" to the Lost Land in the previous games were actually portals to another planet (a la 'Stargate') and the planet you are on is in fact the Lost Land, just no one knew it was.

Other then those major gripes I still enjoyed the demo, if the game holds up to reviews (scoring a 8 or higher overall) then I might pick this game up still. It still had glimmers of the old 'Turok' feel that I haven't had since 'Turok 2'...so here is me keeping my fingers crossed that your squad dies near the start of the game. Because I can live with everything else, but the squad is just retarded.

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Jan 18th, 2008 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:08 PM