KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Turok Game!

New Turok Game!
Started by: IcePunk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Didn't they (the makers) state that they wanted to move away from the older games? With plot and everything, but still keep the Turok feel. Your complaints seem to only confirm their intentions. Will try to test this game once it is available for mortals.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:11 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yea they did, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a stupid move. I can live with everything else, its the squad based thing that I really dont like. I hope its not a major part of the game.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:13 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I wonder if it will have 4 player co-op......

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jan 18th, 2008 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:27 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I really hope not.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:43 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Can we play as dinosaurs in multiplayer is what I wonder...

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 07:20 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

No you cant play as a Raptor or anything in Multiplayer. They said you cant on the official site.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 03:48 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
I wonder if it will have 4 player co-op......

It does, but not for the single player, its like 3 seperate missions.

Xbox Magazine gave it 7, said it gets old after a while, but they said the online was terrific.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 01:45 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I played the demo... ick.... I mean I went through the whole thing with a freakin' knife.. overpowered much?

animation and the dino's are really nice.. but I cant say I enjoy the gameplay

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 03:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
No you cant play as a Raptor or anything in Multiplayer. They said you cant on the official site.

Turok now sucks more then Mario Kart Wii will.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 04:41 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 02:06 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

"Undoubtedly the first pleasant surprise of 2008" ?.. lmao

sorry but IMO... this would probably be the last game I'd say that about

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 02:25 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Both the IGN and Gametrailers review have me wanting this game, the demo was a little underwhelming, but I do want to play the full game. And I would say having a Turok game that is halfway decent, after Evolution, is a pleasant surprise.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:19 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard that there is no aim assisting feature, so trying to use your gun is like impossible, especially if it has high recoil.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 01:41 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Xplay? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 02:06 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, internet reviewer.

.. Yeah it was X-Play stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 02:10 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont like the new X-Play.

It's too much like Attack of The Show but without the funny.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 07:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 06:35 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Well I gave in and picked this game up a few days ago due to my love of the old Turok's and I gotta say, its better then I thought it would be. Its completely different then the old Turok's, and its definitely lacking some things, and a bit of polish, but all in all not bad for Propoganda's first outing. Is it perfect? Hell no, not even close. It has penitential to be amazing (which I hope if there is a #2 it will be) but its just slightly off in some areas. They got the Dinos down pretty much perfect, they kick ass and are easily the best part of the game. You gotta love killing raptors and shiz with a knife. The multiplayer (what I've played of it) it pretty decent, its like Unreal style MP, chaotic and crazy.

Its certainly not groundbreaking in any way, but it is fun, I'll give it that. I'll give a better impression when I've completed the single player sometime later on.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 01:40 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Singleplayer is too short IMO.
It took me about 7 hours to beat it mp is fun but the knifing part can become annoying.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 07:30 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

What difficulty level did you play it on? I'm playing on Hard, I always play FPS's on hard since they are usually way too short.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 08:15 PM