KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Turok Game!

New Turok Game!
Started by: IcePunk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
I've never traded in. I just can't part with my games. Even after I've completed them. Like to keep them in my Library.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

I do, too.

I downloaded the Turok demo on my PS3 and I thought that is was more than mediocre, but nothing special. I have to rent this game first before I can consider buying it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 01:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe K
I dee kay.

Im gonig to rent and check out the online play first.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 01:49 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

The games' been good, so far.

it's crazy fast paced. The kills kinda have that half life 2 feeling to it. The enemies look and talk (to you and eachother) and make the same kinda dying noises just like half life 2 enemies. I like the bow and arrow. I head-shot an enemy from mid-range, without him noticing me, with one of my arrows, with the arrow going through his skull and into a wall, clipping his head onto the wall as he dropped his gun with his body hanging.

But the game plays alot like Gears of War. They even act and talk like the gears of wars characters.

I can't wait to see more guns, my most fav aspect of the game.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:05 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I enjoyed and beat it. I like the different knife moves and my favorite gun is the Pulse Rifle.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 08:24 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

So far to me it looks like the dinos in the game seem like they're more in the way, like a nuisance rather, than being apart of the game.

Turok is more of a man hunter than a dinosaur hunter now.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 06:21 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Not really, some of the Dinos are fodder, but a group of Raptors or Baby Rex's can easily mess you up. As can a couple Dilopwhateversaurus'. Don't even get me started on the T-Rex.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 01:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I'm on the last leader; that huge T-Rex. I was battling him all night till i couldn't play anymore. went to bed at 2:30am when i had to get up at 7am for work. i exhausted now, hehe.

I tried everything. I've tried distracting it by shooting flares past him, (it does look at/ follow them) i've shot it with bazookas, that rocket launcher turret, i've blasted it in the face with fast shotgun bursts, i've blown up huge stacks of toxic barrels with my grenades while it stood or ran next to them and all, all that's done is trip him a little.

He's too fast, and it's just walking, lol. Like it walks faster that i run. I'll get him today after work. I'll have more energy then.

I'll kill it today. So help me i don't care if it takes me the rest of the day i'm gonna kill it today.

haha

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:03 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Pick up the shotgun and use the flares to distract her even if you shoot it about 20-30 meters away she will follow then use the rocket turret fire about 5-6 shots when she get's close use the flares again to distract her and run over to the other turret do this until she dies.....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:06 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Estacado
Pick up the shotgun and use the flares to distract her even if you shoot it about 20-30 meters away she will follow then use the rocket turret fire about 5-6 shots when she get's close use the flares again to distract her and run over to the other turret do this until she dies.....

ok so she does follow them even if you shoot it that far. i've never attempted that cause i just thought i'd be to far for her with me wasting flares.

Got it. I'll try that then.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:17 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
ok so she does follow them even if you shoot it that far. i've never attempted that cause i just thought i'd be to far for her with me wasting flares.

Got it. I'll try that then.

You have infinite flares..... wink
Just have to wait for those little lights on the shotgun to go green.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:29 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Really..!?

Niiice. Even better.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 04:39 PM
FistOfThe North

I'm sorry man but this method ain't working. I tried it step by step and it hasn't done anything. I've hit her 12 times with the rocket turret and nothing.

I'll keep trying but my goal was to kill him before the sarah conner chronicles 2 hr finale came on tonight.

Time for a yohoo then back to the battle.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:32 AM
FistOfThe North

Just killed her, and beat the game. I inserted a grenade deep in her eye socket while she was down and she got up in excruciating pain and a beep later the top of her skull exploded off, with blood raining on me for like 5 seconds. As Marcus Fenix would say: "Sweeeet."

But you must've played on easy cause it took more than just shooting her down with the rocket turret. You had to walk up to her, while she was flailing still causing me damage.

I dunno. I played the game on the hardest possible level all the way through. Maybe that's why.

Either way the game satisfied me. i give it a 8/10. My problems were a lack of map and good save points and lack of gun innovation. Would've been nice to have the cerebral bore. Maybe next time.

Peace.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:00 AM
NemeBro

My only problem is the lack of supercoolio weapons and less variety of enemies.

I killed Rex by getting the RPG and Shotgun, flaring and shooting, then restock on RPG and do it again, then I got the little mine gun, and that killed her.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:07 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Just killed her, and beat the game. I inserted a grenade deep in her eye socket while she was down and she got up in excruciating pain and a beep later the top of her skull exploded off, with blood raining on me for like 5 seconds. As Marcus Fenix would say: "Sweeeet."

But you must've played on easy cause it took more than just shooting her down with the rocket turret. You had to walk up to her, while she was flailing still causing me damage.

I dunno. I played the game on the hardest possible level all the way through. Maybe that's why.

Either way the game satisfied me. i give it a 8/10. My problems were a lack of map and good save points and lack of gun innovation. Would've been nice to have the cerebral bore. Maybe next time.

Peace.

On every difficulty you have to walk up to her to do the "finishing" RT move....... erm
Also it took me more then 12 shots from the turret and still that's the easiest way....

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Mar 4th, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:58 AM
High Priest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ive only played it on the demo .i thought it was good love the knife thing were if the dinosaur takes you down you can stap them in the jaw.the graphics are good to and the dialouge.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:17 AM
High Priest is currently offline Click here to Send High Priest a Private Message Find more posts by High Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I had a lot of fun with this game for the first few hours, but then it became tedious and ultra repetitive. My two biggest complaints about this game are the stealth aspect and the disposable dinosaurs.

The game does not require you to be stealthy, however, it constantly invites and suggests that you play stealthily. The game offers stealth and the controls are tight, but the game is not designed as a stealth game. as a hunter it is neat to stalk your prey through the tall weeds, but spotting your enemies in the high grass becomes a game of luck. When you are in corridors trying to stalk baddies, you may be waiting around a corner waiting for the enemy to come around so you can dispatch them, but there is nothing in the game that gives you an advantage in warning you of approaching enemies. The music effects have slight sounds which resemble footsteps, so dont rely on sound or peering around corners. The biggest problem with playing this game stealthily is the checkpoint system. The checkpoints are spread out to far. You may spend ten to fifteen minutes on one section only to make a mistake and have to replay the entire area over. With this said it is rewarding when you are able to clear an area taking down a platoon of enemies with nothing but your knife.

The dinosaurs almost seem like a gimmick or after thought in this game. Their animations are very well done...,i have no complaints with the designs because they are great. There was no point in the game though, that i was ever concerned when confronted by a dinosaur. Not even the T-rex offered any tyoe of threat in the game. I did not die once from dinosaur attacks through out the entire game. Although, it is very rewarding to knife the dino's to death, they just do not offer any type of challenge or threat. Being a Turok game this is almost disappointing.

The game is definitely worth playing. The Graphics are very good. The voice acting and dialogue is aces. The controls are tight with a few glaring problems. The biggest problem is the balance of difficulty. If you choose to run and gun, this game offers NO difficulty at all. You can merely plow through enemies with duel SMG's and not break a sweat. If you choose to be a sam fischer, you will get very sick of this game very quickly.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 13th, 2008 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 05:28 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote