KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Video Game Versus Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Video Game Versus Rules -- PLEASE READ!
Started by: Lana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thegmeister53
Sith Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
kain is immortal under his own power...raziel's wraith blade is the only thing capable of killing him...and in BO he isnt born as a vampire yet..the prophecy prevent even raz from killing him...at least i think its thats way...

Actually, Raziel could feasibly kill him. He would have to do it before being sucked into the Reaver, of course, but being the only one who has true free will, he alone can change history at his whim. But that also wouldn't stop history from simply expelling him from the timeline.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 01:53 PM
thegmeister53 is currently offline Click here to Send thegmeister53 a Private Message Find more posts by thegmeister53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Video Game Versus Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Originally posted by Lana
Obviously, considering the size of this forum compared to the others, the rules don't need to be as strict, but there are a few nonetheless.

laughing Not true, this is like the strictest section I've saw.

Its a stupid rule that they have to originate from a game

Thanks Jugg6666 for the sig
http://www.lililicious.net/

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 12:32 PM
S.G is currently offline Click here to Send S.G a Private Message Find more posts by S.G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegmeister53
Sith Master

Re: Re: Video Game Versus Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Originally posted by S.G

I'd edit that if I were you. Telling a mod that there rule is "stupid" is not the smartest thing you can do. wink

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 02:29 PM
thegmeister53 is currently offline Click here to Send thegmeister53 a Private Message Find more posts by thegmeister53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Re: Re: Video Game Versus Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Originally posted by S.G

...well, it is VIDEO GAME versus... though i think we should be able to post a character if we specify which game counterpart of theirs we're talking about

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 06:00 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

EDIT..

Last edited by MadMel on Sep 10th, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:44 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Video Game Versus Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Originally posted by thegmeister53
I'd edit that if I were you. Telling a mod that there rule is "stupid" is not the smartest thing you can do. wink
No, it is a stupid rule, I am entitled to my opinion, just because they're mods doesn't make them better than the rest of us, just means they're in charge of a certain area. Same goes for everyone, someone can say its a stupid topic to another but someone can't say that to a mod for fear of abusing they're powers. Which I have saw on other sites and here.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:51 AM
S.G is currently offline Click here to Send S.G a Private Message Find more posts by S.G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I wouldn't go as far as calling them stupid S.G, I understand what Lana was trying to accomplish with that rule, and I have to admit that walking into a clutteref forum filled to the brim with shite that looks like it shouldn't be there is pretty irritating (Especially then it's Superman vs Goku, THAT thread should have gone in the Comic Vs Forum.)

But I will say this, Lana, drop this rule, or at least loosen it a little, Maybe you should just stress that the threads should focus exclusively on the video game aspect and outside media content is forbidden, rather than simply saying anything not originating in a video game is forbidden, since that leaves absolutely nothing open to the broader gaming comunity that doesn't always play your link or your Mario or your Sonic... Seriously, I have a thread idea in mind and I can't drop it in ANY frigging forum due to both forums having this Tight-Tight rule...

I come to you first with reguards to this because, well, almost my entire posting history has been here in the Games vs forum, I've been here for ages, and I'd hate to walk away because of one rule recently introduced becoming too chafing...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 12:57 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The rules here are still more lenient than the other two versus forums.

I'm sorry, but if I change it in any way to allow in characters who didn't originate in a game, it would be severely abused. I know it would be, because before I changed to rules to what they are now, matches in here simply had to have one character that originated in a game and people abused the hell out of it by having huge matches with one minor character that was actually a game character.

Sorry, but the rule is standing.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 01:22 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Thats because your looking at the problem from the wrong perspective... Who cares if the threads don't have a character that ORIGINATES in a video game, as long as they are only arguing the facts as they are REPRESENTED in the game... I mean damn, not every thread could possibly contain a character that Originates in a video game... do you see just how limited the scope of debate is with this rule introduced Lana?

You've closed more threads since that rule has been introduced, than has ever been closed in the entire history of the Games vs forum before that rule....

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Sep 11th, 2006 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 01:40 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Err, no, not really. I have actually had to close far fewer threads since making that rule.

And you know very well that people would not do that and take advantage of it to make up anything they want with the excuse of "they were in a game!". Maybe a few people could be trusted to actually debate properly, but as a whole...it wouldn't work. And I can't make exceptions for certain people.

There are thousands upon thousands of video game characters. Not my problem if people only want to debate about Mario, Sonic, and Street Fighter.

The rule will not be changed.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 01:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Thats wierd, in the past six months, I've seen alot more threads closed than I ever did before that rule, the only ones closed back then are those that degenerated into open flamewars like the old Comic vs threads...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 01:59 AM
Peach
mordrem

Before I changed the rules I was closing 5+ threads a day at times.

The only mass closing I've had to do since changing the rules was after I came back from being on vacation for a month.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 02:03 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I see, well, my bad ok Lan? I apollogise, I had completely forgotten that Raz was doing another Vs Forum to cover crossovers, :P whaddaya say, peace?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 02:19 AM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Not my problem if people only want to debate about Mario, Sonic, and Street Fighter.
Why the hell dose everyone open NEW SF threads!?!? there is like thousands now!!

Me dont like!

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 01:08 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fine keep it but its still a stupid rule and I can express my opinion and they can't do anything. [This is for the guys Lana not you]

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 01:54 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Swe_Bum
Why the hell dose everyone open NEW SF threads!?!? there is like thousands now!!

Me dont like!

Honestly, I don't know. You'd think they were the only video game characters half the people in this forum know about

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 02:39 PM
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, but theyre so strong its fun to find characters to compete with them

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 04:15 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Honestly, I don't know. You'd think they were the only video game characters half the people in this forum know about
yeah...

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 04:46 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

dude!!!!
stop with the smilies..laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 06:09 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

whatever guys im with everyone smile

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 07:17 AM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote