KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kain VS Dante

Kain VS Dante
Started by: Burning thought

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gumachi

Same can be said for Kain. And I actually was giving Kain credit.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:01 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anything can be said.....its the debate that means something, and its been debated many times, Kain won.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:02 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

I'm telling you Dante wins. I could go anywhere, and say everyone could say "Dante wins. " Dante could stay in his Sparda Form for all eternity XD. Kain can also be hurt in his "mist form. " and Dante has fought enemies who could turn into mist. And Dante couldn't be cut in half[reneration & Vergil survived; "Identical faces, Identical powers." said by Capcom]. "As for Blood Gout\Blood Shower...a vampire tried to suck Dante's blood in second (IIRC) chapter of DMC3 canon manga, and failed (it did hardly anything to Dante). "

Last edited by Gumachi on Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 12:05 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
Anything can be said.....its the debate that means something, and its been debated many times, Kain won.

Kain has tk right? sorry gumachi, dante loses this fight...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 01:18 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Yeah, he has TK. But so does Dante. So that doesn't mean "instant win" or does it?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 01:20 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

Originally posted by Gumachi
Yeah, he has TK. But so does Dante. So that doesn't mean "instant win" or does it?

Well i dont know the extent of dantes tk or if he actually has it.. prove it to me (show me a video or something) then maybe he can cancel kains tk with his own, but from what i know about kain is that hes near immortal. And he can turn into mist, and float away to a safe position if in danger. so yea, if noproof of tk for dante then is 9/10 in kains favor, if you do prove it then i have not clue who would win, i would probably give it to dante, maybe, if you show me he does have strong tk.

Last edited by Sappho on Mar 15th, 2009 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 01:25 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Nah. All I know is, he prevented the motorcycle from hitting him and knocked off Mundus' shot. As for his "mist" Kain has been shown to be hurt in his "mist form" Dante could go into his Sparda Form. That's why I said, Dante wins, but it still could go either way.

@2:42--actually it was the demonic aura, preventing the motorcycle from hitting him.

What does it mean when, you say someone wins '9/10'? Dante could also teleport[out of his tk?] Stronger TK would be Nero's Devil Bringer[Incarnation of Vergil's Devil Trigger Arm]. Dante is also faster.

And BT, I saw you throwing out titles.

Last edited by Gumachi on Mar 15th, 2009 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 01:31 AM
Gumachi

Originally posted by Generic Hero
Prove it. "He can do X, he just doesn't show it" requires proof. He can only mist short distances because it drains energy (Source: Blood Omen)

Suppose you're right.

Which is my original problem: Kain is destined to rule a corrupted world or return Balance and die at the hands of the Hylden Champion / Vampire Champion. Raziel is either, since he has free will. It's not his own power keeping him alive, but one's of destiny. LoK Vampires can die from Sunlight (Kain is immune), water (Kain gets owned by water), fire, decapitation and impaling. Even if Dante can't kill Kain, he can still severely pwn him and make him bat away.

Neither does Kain's teleportation.

The problem here is that you can't quantify the monster's power in omparison to Kain. They are just "weak" compared to DMC enemies, not LoK enemies.

We know however that arrows are much weaker than bullets.

No, bullets are stronger than arrows. Common knowledge, bullets are higher velocity and more damaging. In vampire fiction like Hellsing, guns are very effective and are Alucard's main weapons. Vampire Hunter D, John Carpenter's Vampires, Blade... Always see them using guns, not bows.

Doesn't matter. Bangle of Time + Slash his head off. Due to his fate he could be revived, but that's not stopping Dante from winning the fight. Imagine, Raziel ripping out the Heart of Darkness had him out cold for hours (and his wound didn't heal until Raziel healed him). Imagine what cutting off his head would do to him.

I've played and beaten every single LoK game in existence. You guys can actually make plenty of points about Kain (Implode, Stun spell, Incapacitate, Spirit Death, Spirit Wrack, in fact, I've debating for Kain in an exact same thread as this on another forum... but it seems only burning thought knows why Kain should win but his stuff is just from Defiance)

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 03:30 AM
Gumachi

Originally posted by Classic NES
Show me kain doing this, kain has never instanly froze an opponent, he always has to focus on them.

Slashed throguh the stomach, He was stabbed several times, first during the battle then during the cinematics several times and that was his weakest incarnation.

laughing Ok, first of all mist is not an offensive move, unless you count steath kills, and it is slow, defaince is a very slow game. his mist side step is no faster than links sidestep in zelda. and he's not indestructable, in blood omen you can get hit while in mist form.

And what is the speed of air, can you give me a number, beacuse air is all around us, when does it have to take time to form, WTF are you talking about speed of air?

Dante outclasses kain in speed many times, million stab, stinger, dashing through the air with trickster and running 20 feet up walls, those are all speed feats.

You can't compare the game mechanics of BO and use it in this fight, especially considering all of kains instant kill moves can only perfrom there function against a low tier character and not a boss, how many times did it take him to kill the seraphim lord with immolate?

I have never seen kain instantly impale an opponent and drain his soul, he usually has to weaken them first.

No, whenever kain uses his tk, he uses hand gestures. Kain has never done a TK move without doing that. and your ignoring my point, with quick silver dante will slowdown time take the reaver away,and ko kill kain.
How is kain going to get past that?

Done some research and Kain didn't kill beings with his OWN POWER. Dante uses Rebellion[Spritual & Physical incarnation of him]and Ebony & Ivory[his own powers]. Dante is way faster than Dante at that[and I doubt he could just "tk" him].

Last edited by Gumachi on Mar 15th, 2009 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 03:46 AM
Gumachi

NVM.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 04:16 AM