KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » The Samurai RP Thread

The Samurai RP Thread
Started by: ChakraStrings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Michiko slid the thin door open and stepped aside as Kuro-u, adorned in a regal looking kimono entered the quarters of her guest. Her face was solemn but there was a glint of promise in her eyes, she spoke; "You have been granted an audience with the council...I am glad that you are already bathed and clothed for your audience is within the hour."

((Kuro-u's kimono:
http://www.japaneseweddingfavors.co...mono_pagoda.jpg ))

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 09:21 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko bowed to Kuro-u and smiled. It was little the time she has known her but Tomoko now held a deep respect and admiration for Kuro-u and wanted to live up to any expectation she might have of her.

- "Thank you my lady. I will follow you to the audience" - Tomoko said with her head inclined as a sign of respect. The Utenzaki couldn't look their superiors in the eye as well or they were beaten.

I'll fight because of you...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 04:30 PM
Shana FlameHaze is currently offline Click here to Send Shana FlameHaze a Private Message Find more posts by Shana FlameHaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Kuro-u nodded and spun slightly on her heel. Making her way silently down the corridors of her home and out into the streets of the village.
The large council hall was not far but she made sure that Tomoko was not far behind her as she continued onward.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 01:58 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko followed Kuro-u closely to the council hall. Keeping up with her at all times and not falling behind, she admired the village as they passed through it and the children she had seen smiled and giggled when they saw her and she couldn't help but to do so as well.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:56 PM
Shana FlameHaze is currently offline Click here to Send Shana FlameHaze a Private Message Find more posts by Shana FlameHaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Kuro-u moved through the buildings both small and large alike. It was closing upon dusk and the village was alive with people scurrying, walking idly and travelling upon various forms of mechanical transport.
Swerving through the endless amount of bodies, Kuro-u realised it may take longer than she thought to make it to the hall.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:54 PM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko was still in awe with the village. It was so nice and peaceful yet very advanced. She still followed Kuro-u.

- "Is it too far my lady?" - Tomoko asked.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 06:16 PM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Kuro-u shook her head, "No more than 100 paces now." She replied calmly as they continued, nodding slightly to greetings from both civillians and comrades alike.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 03:20 PM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko smiled and continued walking behind Kuro-u. She smiled at people who looked at her who in turn smiled back. She was a very likable person.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 07:59 PM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

Making their way finally through the throng of bodies, Kuro-u and Tomoko arrived at the large building.
Though ancient in it's own right, through the centuries the council's main port of buisness has undergone minor structural changes. Allowing for slightly more modern uses to be applied to the maginificent structure.

Kuro-u approached the large painted doors and knocked twice. The doors receeded and Kuro-u glanced back at Tomoko in a geasture for the young woman to follow her inside.

[[Council building:
http://www.jocksamurai.co.uk/module...lding.thumb.jpg
http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~.../hakone0009.jpg
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~imcallis/im...panese-Hall.jpg
http://www.artsmia.org/art-of-asia/...-hall-image.jpg ]]

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 05:34 AM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko followed her into the building admiring the sight of it. As they walked they passed several paintings and statues of ancient clan leaders and she admired them all.

- "What should I do my lady? What should I say?" - Tomoko asked.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 02:31 PM
hitokiri jin

The blades of grass move smoothly upon a hill, moving along the flow of the northern wind. Behind it was the sun, shining ever so brightly like a mocking firefly of the swamps. And atop the grassy hill stood a lone figure long, black hair waving in the wind with his katana in his hand. He was in a Waki Gamae position standing by, like expecting for an imaginary enemy to strike. He waited in his position for a while and then sudden as a rush of water through an open rock, he moved.

Fast as a serpent lunging forth at its prey he moved, first initiating an upward stroke followed by a downward stroke. Every time he moved he does it with a deadly grace that only a samurai of his caliber could muster. He was continuing in this manner when he abruptly stopped. He laid his sword low and began to speak:

“What is it that you want Mabashi?”

At that instant like a star suddenly appearing in a foggy sky, there was a samurai standing in the corner. Dressed all in armor and having the appearance of a seasoned warrior that has seen many battles. Whatever it was that bought Mabashi there it seemed important

“I’m sorry to disturb you Lieutenant but I think that you should hear this matter. Lord Roy wants every man in the army to organize and assemble for battle. It seems like there are signs of troop movements of the enemy far down North. Lord Roy also has deployed scouts to find out the marching troops' activities"

While mabashi is saying this, Eisuke was busy putting his katana back to its Saya (Scabbard). It seems as if he was preoccupied with some other thought and he stood there and looked up to the sky.

"So the sparrow finally decides to fly out from its nest..."

"Sir?"

"Nothing. Sergeant Mabashi, make my armor ready and also my Naginata. We are going to war aren’t we?"

"But It hasn’t been confirmed that the enemy is moving against-"

"It is much better to know otherwise than to have regrets later Sergeant... They will attack... It is the Utenzaki's way"

"Very well Sir"

As the sergeant turns to leave Eisuke was still looking at the far off sky as if there was something that he wanted to get from those lofty heights. Then, as if remembering something pleasant, his face turned out a melancholic smile musing to himself he began to think aloud:

"The Sparrows can fly as much as they want. Before the net overcomes them"

And with that the samurai with the long hair proceeds to get down the grassy hill with the sun setting down behind him with a hue of blood red foretelling a time of death and strife...

殺害はまたは殺される

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 04:17 PM
hitokiri jin is currently offline Click here to Send hitokiri jin a Private Message Find more posts by hitokiri jin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rikku Gullwing
Tomoko followed her into the building admiring the sight of it. As they walked they passed several paintings and statues of ancient clan leaders and she admired them all.

- "What should I do my lady? What should I say?" - Tomoko asked.

Kuro-u continued down the lengthy hall and turned her head slightly to reply to Tomoko's questions.
"Follow my lead, say nothing untill you are spoken to. If you are asked any questions, look to me for approval before answering the question. As far as the council are concerned you are a newcomer here and a student of mine. If you are to remain in this village, much must change in your life to become part of the samurai in our territory."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 11:24 PM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

- "I understand my lady" - Tomoko said and bowed slightly to Kuro-u and smiled at her continuing to walk behind her.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 12:04 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

It took less than 5 minutes to arrive at the large and elloquently designed council main hall.
Kuro-u paused and spoke to the guard who nodded and opened the door to allow the two women to enter as pre their arrangement.

Kuro-u entered the council meeting hall and bowed deeply in respect for the panel of 5 resident elders of the village. She glanced back as she did so, urging Tomoko to do the same.

[Council:
1. http://www.kendo.pt/images/iaido-sensei.jpg
2. http://www.uni-koeln.de/studenten/c...i_sensei_01.jpg
3. http://www.ryusei-karate.com/englis...moto-fall-s.jpg
4. http://iaido.org/pages/images/esaka2.jpg
5. http://www.kakudokan.no/gfx/sugino_yoshio1.jpg ]

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 12:25 AM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko looking at Kuro-u and her bow, she quickly did the same and stood quiet, waiting for Kuro-u to speak as she had told her.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 12:43 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

A small gong was sounded, the meeting was now in session.

Kuro-u began in a traditional manner of greeting, bowing once deeply, a second time at half the depth then bringing her palms together in a prayer like form and inclining her head.
She raised her eyes, her hands remaining in the same position as she spoke; "Honored and respected members of the elder council, I come today bearing good karma and the wish to bring this young foreigner into our way of life."

A small murmur came from the council, several of the members shifted in their places as Kuro-u continued; "I understand your concern in this matter and I have spent time with the new arrival. You know of my skill and effective judgement. I now ask you sincerely to consider my request."

Another small inclination of her head and Kuro-u became silent once more, glancing approvingly back at Tomoko.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 12:51 AM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko could not understand what happened before her but everytime she was looked upon she inclined her head. And looked at Kuro-u and grinned not knowing if she could do it in the presence of the council but she gave her a small grin and waited to see if the council wished to ask her a question.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:01 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

One of the council members finally spoke up after they'd consorted in amongst themselves, "Young newcomer, we as the ruling council of this village wish to hear your intentions if you are to join our community. What will you take upon as your new way of life if we grant you a place in our society?"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:50 AM
Shana FlameHaze
Flame Haze

Tomoko bowed slightly and then looked at the members of the council.

- "I will abide by your code and dedicate my life to your teachings and your service. With all my heart, I pledge upon this until I die" - Tomoko said.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:20 PM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

The council murmured in approval and began to speak amongst themselves. Kuro-u meanwhile nodded slightly to Tomoko in approval and ushered the young woman to join her at her side.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:38 PM