KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC 2 Discussion thread... SPOILERS

POTC 2 Discussion thread... SPOILERS
Started by: Mønkey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Yeah the CGI characters were a bit like.. ahhh. It was like an overload of CGIness. But it didn't bother me that much.

I know.. yeah Jack came back and she was like "thank you" and everything and then she just did that to him sad twas so mean, and was unexpected.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 12:31 AM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyD's_babe
Hot Pirate Girl

It's too much of a cliffhanger! it's not fair! and now im angry at Liz mad how dare she kiss jack evil face i'll tell ya, if i ever get my hands on her i'll...*get's slapped in face* huh Do it again! *get's slapped again*
Thank u... happy

don't call me obssesed, i already know i am...
don't call me crazy, i'll just say "thank u" stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 12:46 AM
JohnnyD's_babe is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyD's_babe a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyD's_babe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Whoops I've been posting in the other thread of this. Sorry.

Oh my god.. when Jack and Elizabeth kissed it was like.. phwoar man haha was so hot (god i never say stuff like that haha!). And yeah I hate Elizabeth even more now aswell.. she's so annoying anyway.. Poor Jack sad

The third one should be good.. can't wait! Yeah I can't wait to see if there will be a grudge between them all.. well there probably will be.. seeing as she's the one that just left him there to die. Biatch. Haha..

Hmm let me think of my favourite bits.. *thinks* I can't remember now confused I loved it that it said "Time to go!" instead of "Nevermind let's go!" It was so funny! The way he said it and everything. (I already said this in the another thread.) There were loads of funny parts but I just can't remember them now. Oh but it was hilerious because at one point this child behind us went "heehee" and it was soo funny me and my friend couldn't stop laughing.. lol you had to be there. Someone post some of your favourite parts so I can remember and then I can say if I thought they were funny too big grin

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 12:48 AM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

I thought one of the funniest thing was when Jack was escaping from being the tribes dinner... just the sound affects were hilarious! and Most of the giant wheel scene was awesome!

I want to see how Will is in the next movie tooo because he saw Liz kissing Jack but not the whole chaining to the ship thing and I saw some jealousy there... I hate Elizabeth soo much!
quote: (post)
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
the whole story of the the third installment is based on rescuing jack. itll probably be accomplished within the firsy half hour of the movie, but something goes horribly wrong and they must fight as a team to get out. everyone will get to be a hero in the next one. itll be sweet.
actually its not, the third movie is based on them rescuing Elizabeth who gets kidnapped while they are saving jack, yes jack will probably be saved inthe first half hour so the movie cant possibly be based on that, and since elizabeth is captured jack can finally save her and be the hero that he's longing to be...

~eek! Join me in my war on lampshades eek!~

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 02:16 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silversaber
Evening Star

Well, I don't think that they'll rescue Jack within the first half hour because then the whole 'getting' there thing will be at a loss. And I don't understand why everyone is worrying so much... what will happen well within the first thirty minutes is that we'll see Jack somewhere in the... mystical...wherever he's going... stalling or humourously cheating his fate. Will is definately going to have a grudge against the both of them, but when he finally gets the courage to tell Elizabeth he saw the two of them kissing, she can't just outright say that it was a distraction to tie him to the ship for two reasons. One, she probably doesn't want to open up to outright murder and two, come on... we all saw that she wanted to kiss Jack anyway so really no matter how you look at it, she is very, very guilty. Either way, before she come up with an excuse for Will, they will be rudely interrupted by some sort of really, bad, event-thingy like a tentacle smashing on two feet behind one of them. Of course, that's already been done, so I doubt that specific example.

Am I the only one who still likes Elizabeth? I was laughing so hard when Jack, Norrington, and Will got in a fight and she started screaming her head off. And then I nearly fell out of my chair was she was pretending to faint and nobody noticed.

I have so many favorite parts... first of all, any part with Jack was my favorite part but in paticular I loved when he was shishkabobbed on that cannibal island, and then all the fruits weighed him down over the wrong end of the cliff. There were a couple parts that made me say "Ew..." but who cares? I also loved when Jack was with the Jamaican witch and says "Look," BOOM, "An undead monkey."

Personally I was really happy that those two pirates (the short one and the one with the wooden eye) weren't hung. They were just too funny. Especially with the dog.

I do have some questions though, because the sound system in my theatre wasn't so hot to begin with, and I take after my mom, who has difficulty understanding British accents. Can anyone explain to me about Norrington and the other guy with the heart? What they heck are they going to do with it? And what about Will's father? I thought that he was blown into the water via cannon because he said that all the pirates onthe Pearl deserved their curse. But that meant they all already had the curse, including himself. How the heack was he dying if he was already immortal?

Sorta

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 02:58 AM
silversaber is currently offline Click here to Send silversaber a Private Message Find more posts by silversaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I really really liked the film, but I think it's one of those movies that I'll like even better the second time I see it. Plus I need to pay more attention to some of the characters, like that guy who was going to marry Elizabeth in the first movie, I still am not sure why he was even in the second one, all I know is that he has Davey Jone's heart, so he'll have some power to play with in the third one. And that other guy who wanted Jack Sparrow's Compass, I still am not sure why he wanted it, I know it was to find Davey Jone's locker, but what was he going to do with the heart??? Or I guess the guy who got the heart will give it to him, I dunno. All I know is that I want to see Jack Sparrow riding the giant squid in the third one!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 03:20 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icicle
Wild Mage

Originally posted by silversaber
Am I the only one who still likes Elizabeth? I was laughing so hard when Jack, Norrington, and Will got in a fight and she started screaming her head off. And then I nearly fell out of my chair was she was pretending to faint and nobody noticed.

I still like her, lol I thought the fainting was hillarious, And then she starts throwing rocks at them, haha.

I really loved the movie, I actualy cried a bit at the end, even I knew Jack isn't dead smile
I cant think of one bad thing about the movie, it was fantastic!

Did anyone see the scene at the end of the credits? It was so cute.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 03:21 AM
Icicle is currently offline Click here to Send Icicle a Private Message Find more posts by Icicle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moakes2011

i saw it today and must say that the barbosa thing really suprised me. did everyone see his feet earlier in the movie when jack payed her with the monkey. also when i was watching aots yesterday they said that jacks dad would be in the 3rd movie

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 03:34 AM
moakes2011 is currently offline Click here to Send moakes2011 a Private Message Find more posts by moakes2011 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

I just got back from it and it left me feeling....FLAT. I was so disappointed cause I was so excited to see it too. This movie lacks the fun and heart the first one had. In fact I called my sister and told her to wait and see it on DVD and to go to Supes aka Superman instead.

First of all its entirely too bloody long. Secondly you cant freaken watch the movie because of all the stuff going on in the darn thing. I swear it must have 5 darn subplots. Whomever did the writing dropped the ball BIG TIME. The special effects are marvelous but again there are way too many. Someone along the lines the writers lost sight of the old adage that less is more. Gone are the subtle little jokes and gone is the "innocence" for lack of a better word of the original. In all honesty, the biggest laughs I got where from the two guys that were the bad pirates in the first movie. Now they were funny. Its not a bad movie, but I definitely will NOT pay money to see it again. I'll rent it, but I highly doubt I buy it. In my book the first movie was a 10, this one only gets a 7 out of me.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:37 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

I thought this movie was frikin Amazing eek! The effects were probably the best I've ever seen (even better then ROTS and King Kong) and the acting as usual was great. This movie was also a lot darker or more intense then the original..... in one of the opening scenes where the pirates were being tortured (and the one guy got his eye ripped out) the entire audience jumped up. laughing I just have one question.... how does Captain Barbossa survive at the end?

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:50 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moakes2011

wills father, jack, who knows who else to be saved plus geting the heart, norington, learning about how barbosa came back then theve gotta kill the kraken. plus i heard jacks father has already been cast, this is to much to handle

Last edited by moakes2011 on Jul 8th, 2006 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 04:51 AM
moakes2011 is currently offline Click here to Send moakes2011 a Private Message Find more posts by moakes2011 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i thought it was Jack's SON...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 05:05 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

no it is jacks dad that has a brief role played by Keith Richards (the rock star)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/sto...1778978337.html
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 05:09 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

"First of all its entirely too bloody long."

oh god... it no longer than the first one. and superman was WAY worse, and boring, and not as real looking, and the music sucked, and the story sucked, ALL compared to this movie. but your opinion is yours wink

i think that this movie did something different, something that none of us expected it to do, go WAY DARK. they wanted to do something different, give it its own feel without reminding us of other films already made. this was a thriller, but i thought that a good tie-in with the audience should have been written. the first was set into a believable world that had just alittle bit of a supernatural side at the end. this one got turned upside down supernaturali-wise. it needed a line in it that was said by anybody that sounded something like: "Ive never seen 3,000 pounds of calamari before..." or "Another undead villian..!? Does it ever end?!" lines like that that relates to the audience transformation into this fantastic CGI-filled world.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 05:22 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain_Smith
Female Captain of the Sea

Originally posted by silversaber
Well, I don't think that they'll rescue Jack within the first half hour because then the whole 'getting' there thing will be at a loss. And I don't understand why everyone is worrying so much... what will happen well within the first thirty minutes is that we'll see Jack somewhere in the... mystical...wherever he's going... stalling or humourously cheating his fate. Will is definately going to have a grudge against the both of them, but when he finally gets the courage to tell Elizabeth he saw the two of them kissing, she can't just outright say that it was a distraction to tie him to the ship for two reasons. One, she probably doesn't want to open up to outright murder and two, come on... we all saw that she wanted to kiss Jack anyway so really no matter how you look at it, she is very, very guilty. Either way, before she come up with an excuse for Will, they will be rudely interrupted by some sort of really, bad, event-thingy like a tentacle smashing on two feet behind one of them. Of course, that's already been done, so I doubt that specific example.

I have so many favorite parts... first of all, any part with Jack was my favorite part but in paticular I loved when he was shishkabobbed on that cannibal island, and then all the fruits weighed him down over the wrong end of the cliff. There were a couple parts that made me say "Ew..." but who cares? I also loved when Jack was with the Jamaican witch and says "Look," BOOM, "An undead monkey."

Personally I was really happy that those two pirates (the short one and the one with the wooden eye) weren't hung. They were just too funny. Especially with the dog.

I do have some questions though, because the sound system in my theatre wasn't so hot to begin with, and I take after my mom, who has difficulty understanding British accents. Can anyone explain to me about Norrington and the other guy with the heart? What they heck are they going to do with it? And what about Will's father? I thought that he was blown into the water via cannon because he said that all the pirates onthe Pearl deserved their curse. But that meant they all already had the curse, including himself. How the heack was he dying if he was already immortal?

LOL, let me answer your questions. First off... the heart controls Davy Jones...who controls the sea. SOooo basically if you have the heart...you control the sea, which they want...because... money!! Savy? Alright, I DO NOT HATE ELIZABETH!! Yes, she was very horny this movie, but she loves two men. Remember the compass? Point to where ever your heart desires...if you guys didnt notice, the compass was in great working order and it ALWAYS pointed to Jack. You can also tell by the kiss at the end she was heart broken, and after she was heart broken. The movie was alright for me, it did take a lot away from the first movie, this movie was o so... Fantasy? It kept skipping to, to many scenes! My brian could not comprehend! It was a little too different from the first one and it didn't flow..it skipped! lol. This movie i sence will be like Star Wars.... except the first pirates was good. This movie was necissary for the GREAT plot of the third one. Either way. I liked it, not as much as the first but okay.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 05:47 AM
Captain_Smith is currently offline Click here to Send Captain_Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Captain_Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PeterGriffin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, was Bootstrap dead or can he still be saved? confused I didn't quite get that whole part...

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 05:58 AM
PeterGriffin is currently offline Click here to Send PeterGriffin a Private Message Find more posts by PeterGriffin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain_Smith
Female Captain of the Sea

Bootstrap is dead....his body is dead but his soul has not moved on. He did die, of course the curse didnt work right off the back it took time.. but Bill's body died, but like i said his soul is still on earth.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 06:04 AM
Captain_Smith is currently offline Click here to Send Captain_Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Captain_Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Yeah, was Bootstrap dead or can he still be saved? confused I didn't quite get that whole part...

his soul can still be saved so he doesnt have to work for an eternity for davey jones.

why are we still using this thread? This thread was an exact copy of one started a day before it does this thread have a moderator?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 06:11 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

ha, that makes sense. i dont know if keith can act though blink

but the highlight of the movie was def. Barbossa. it was like WHOA!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 07:56 AM
PeterGriffin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, yep.....'Barbossa...wtf...awesome!...NO! DONT END! SONSOFBITCHES!!! SEQUEL!!!'

Best ending of a movie I've seen in ages. smile

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 08:31 AM
PeterGriffin is currently offline Click here to Send PeterGriffin a Private Message Find more posts by PeterGriffin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote