KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I have a question

I have a question
Started by: LiL nAstY GirL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackpearl44

^^ Yea, but she didn't say it would keep the Kracken away.....she said it would keep Davyj away.......and I messed up on that post, it every 10 years, not once a year.....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:46 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
That really makes no sense actually. Considering when he's on the sea Davy could just send the Kraken.

I have a feeling the jar of Dirt was like a bad luck charm Tia gave him. It seemed to cause a few problems.

LIke when he held it he fell down the stairs lol

Also if he didnt put the heart in the jar of dirt then norrington wouldnt have found it and taken it.

are there any other moments when the Jar of dirt causes problems or Jack? I cant think.

There is something really suspicious about Tia..I dont know what side she is on..

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:47 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by blackpearl44
^^ Yea, but she didn't say it would keep the Kracken away.....she said it would keep Davyj away.......and I messed up on that post, it every 10 years, not once a year.....

But it is said that Davy cannot be on land not around land.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:49 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Yea, I have no idea whatsoever what Tia is trying to do, what her intentions are.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:50 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah i agree tia is suspicious.... kinda cool, but still wierd. all of her friends seem to be these immortal cursed or almost inhuman things... maybe they have like, a league of extraordinary pirates and they just pass charms and powers around through their boats and jars and necklaces andstuff, hahahaha. i have heard some bizarre rumours about tia though

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:50 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Yea, I agree that jar of dirt could have been a bad luck charm......but I'm still not sure if it was, and if it wasn't, that what purpose did it serve, if not the one she explained.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:53 PM
katelovespirate

its interesting that even Jack has so much faith in Tia. Jack doesnt strike me as someone who is very supersticious. but he's always like "i want my jar of dirt" when he doesnt even know what it is, or how it helps, etc. He just knows Tia gave it to him, so it must help. I think Jack would know if Tia were evil, wouldnt he?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:55 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^ I agree, Jack dosn't put faith in people unless he really knows what they're about...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 05:56 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Yea, I have no idea whatsoever what Tia is trying to do, what her intentions are.

I think she was trying to ease Jack's suffering a bit. You know make him calm down and stuff.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:04 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah i agree tia is suspicious.... kinda cool, but still wierd. all of her friends seem to be these immortal cursed or almost inhuman things... maybe they have like, a league of extraordinary pirates and they just pass charms and powers around through their boats and jars and necklaces andstuff, hahahaha. i have heard some bizarre rumours about tia though

hmm thats true about how all the men seem to be resurected, heartless and cursed... that cant be good news because she has shown an interest in Will sad

I dont know if he knows she's evil..afterall she had a jack voodoo doll there.

I would say jack was supersticious..after a whole load of undead people came after him in the last movie..I think he believes in the supernatural.

Also I wonder if the ring he stole means anything..why would they just randomly show him steal it if it wasn't important to the story?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:05 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah that makes sense. like the placebo effect.
okay, totally off topic, but the way Tia inspects Jack's hand is HOTT> you sort of expect her to grab it and roll her eyes or something. but she is very sensual and gentle. smile no wonder jack trusts her.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:06 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah that makes sense. like the placebo effect.
okay, totally off topic, but the way Tia inspects Jack's hand is HOTT> you sort of expect her to grab it and roll her eyes or something. but she is very sensual and gentle. smile no wonder jack trusts her.

then why have a Jack voodoo doll? lol She must be planning on hurting him in some way. I think he trusts her a bit too much and doesn't know what her intensions are. She may have once helped him and trustworthy but she could have changed... who knows who she's been speaking to? EITC maybe?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:08 PM
katelovespirate

hmmm i dont know. maybe she just likes to remind jack that she Could hurt him, but wont unless he provokes her.
i still cant find the flipping voodoo doll when i watch it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:10 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by ESB -1138
I think she was trying to ease Jack's suffering a bit. You know make him calm down and stuff.

The Jar of dirt caused a few troubles for him though. He randomly fell down the stairs whilst holding it. and It also lead to norrington finding the heart. If he didnt have the jar of dirt then he wouldnt have put it inside it and he would have still had the heart on him.

Did Tia know this? She seems to see the future..

And a voodoo doll isnt designed to control someone its designed to physically cause them agony.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:12 PM
katelovespirate

i think the fall was just jack being goofy. as far as the heart goes, maybe she didnt want jack to have it afterall. i mean, if she was davy's love, would she really want jack to kill him>?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:15 PM
blackpearl44

the falling down the stairs thing could have been because he was singing about a jar of dirt and not watching where he was going, and/or he was drinking (I know, that would be a HUGE suprise lol) or it could be the work of dark magic.......so it could just be him being clumsy, or supernatural power lol.

Last edited by blackpearl44 on Jul 21st, 2006 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:16 PM
katelovespirate

i'm going with the goofy/slightly drunk theory. hehehe. it seems to fit with the tone of the movie better. makes it funny.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:18 PM
LovelyOne

the falling down the stairs thing could have been because he was singing about a jar of dirt and not watching where he was going, and/or he was drinking (I know, that would be a HUGE suprise lol) or it could be the work of dark magic.......so it could just be him being clumsy, or supernatural power lol.

Thing is i cant imagine Disney putting in pointless humor, If there was no meaning behind it.. Its funny how as soon as he picks it up that happens to him...If he wasn't singing about a jar of dirt in the first place he wouldn't have fallen lol. If he didn't have the jar of dirt then Norrington wouldn't have found the heart and given it to th EITC.

I'm sure there might be something else with the dirt. I'm gonna look.

ANd after he fell he's like "I got it" and the first shot you see is the jar..subliminal message maybe? That its the Jar that just made him fall....plus his clumsiness..lol

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:22 PM
blackpearl44

Clumsyness/slightly drunk lol.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:26 PM
LovelyOne

Or maybe it was to make the audience think "yeah its just Jacks clumsiness" to throw you off the scent a bit that the jar is iffy.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:28 PM