KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » who will elizabeth fall for?

who will elizabeth fall for?
Started by: POTC lover xoxo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jackisback4me1

No i mean The who will elizabeth fall for?Anwser:My Ass

hey who ever posted that its funny
lol

lmao
rofl

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 03:58 AM
jackisback4me1 is currently offline Click here to Send jackisback4me1 a Private Message Find more posts by jackisback4me1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

no there nott there are way to many clues to back up the liz/jack thing. and if it says elizabeth turner then she prob. gets married but then says no or somethen like that

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 03:58 AM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackisback4me1

if she would have said no then her name wouldnt have been ELIZABETH TURNER

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:00 AM
jackisback4me1 is currently offline Click here to Send jackisback4me1 a Private Message Find more posts by jackisback4me1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

well they wouldnt give out this info yet anyways

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:02 AM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackisback4me1

its the cast list

and please do explain because i dont understand

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:03 AM
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

w/e i dont know

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:04 AM
jackisback4me1

i dont know you may be right but if the cast list sais Elizabeth Turner then she must be married to him and shes a smart girl so she wouldnt marrie someone she dosent like and if she would have said no at the wedding he name wouldnt have been Elizabeth Turner

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:10 AM
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

i just looked at the cast list it says elizabeth swann still...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:12 AM
jackisback4me1

no im looking at the cast list right now and the offitial potc website and it sais Elizabeth Turner

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:17 AM
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

okkkee

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:19 AM
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

im looking at it too and it says elizabeth swann....what sites are u lookin at?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:19 AM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jackisback4me1
i dont know you may be right but if the cast list sais Elizabeth Turner then she must be married to him and shes a smart girl so she wouldnt marrie someone she dosent like and if she would have said no at the wedding he name wouldnt have been Elizabeth Turner

Thing is this movie shows us that she seems to be with Will who she thinks she wants but really doesnt...So the wedding could be something she thinks she wants..but really doesnt. It would make sense. She just needs the final wakeup call and Jack is that wakeup call.

She's in a lot of confusion about what she wants..but I would say that last scene where she chained Jack up shows us where her heart truly lies. (with the pirate lifestyle)

If what the director says about Davy/Will relationship similarities is true then Liz leaving him whilst she is married or about to be married would mean the davy/Will thing would come around full circle. and Things are supposed to come around full circle in Trilogies.

In films they dont add hints just to bug you..It HAS to mean something to the overall plot/story..you cant add things into a story that have no meaning because that would mean total confusion to the audience...everything we see happen in a movie has to have significance..So every little Jack/Liz, Will/Davy hint MEANS SOMETHING...The little hints that Will isnt right for Liz MEAN SOMETHING..they dont just add aload of non sensical crap into a movie to just bug you and then make the ending contradict the hints..come on you should know this.

you say they are meant for eachother..HELLO what movie were you watching? If this movie was meant to show that Liz and Will were perfect for eachother then why the heck were they not even together throughout most of it? Why did Liz change into a piratre..Why did Will set off to save her then completley forget about her?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 23rd, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 12:38 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Why did the compass point at jack 3 times? Why did the compass point at Liz's location twice after jack thought it was broken? Why did Liz look dissapointed Jack pulled away from the kiss, why did she go in to kiss him then pul away AFTER she chained him up? Why did her character change into a pirate? Why is Will/Lizs relationship mirroring what happened to Davy Jones? OH they added all that just to BUG us didnt they..it means nothing Jack/Liz are going to forget about all that in the next movie and so is Will..its all going to mean nothing.....yea RIGHT so you are saying the stuff means nothing to the next story? Liz/Jack/Will developed as characters in movie 2 but they are going to go back to normal like nothing changed in the next one? Well what was the point of making the second movie then if everything that happened between the charaters, all the hints/character developments meant nothing?.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 23rd, 2006 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 12:57 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by jackisback4me1
in the 2nd movie when she was thinking of him on the ship, then norrington came and said "there was a time when i would give enyhting for you to look or think of me like that" or some thing like that...did you see her face... and when jack was all like in the 2nd movie that he can preform a wedding on the ship and she was all grossed out...Wiil and Elizabeth are made for each other ok you will see in the 3rd movie

You need to watch that scene again I think. Jack basically makes a sexual suggestion to her, Liz pretends she's disgusted then walks away but seconds later is secretly smiling about what jack just said...When she realises Norrington is there she quickly stands up trying to hide the fact she was smiling. Norrington accuses her of liking Jack in that way and she goes into denial saying "I don't know what you mean" he says "I think you do" she says "Oh don't be silly I trust him thats all" which is a lie. She secretly liked the thought of what Jack suggested. Then the compass points right at Jack suggesting that it really IS him she wants her face tells all.. She's like "no..no its not jack" she's in complete denial about her true feelings for him.

In the scene where he offerers a wedding to her she is in denial again..she's like eww no way..but then only seconds later she is trying to make him Kiss her and is clearly disappointed that He pulled away. That scene was the perfect example of what was happening to her throughout the movie which was She was pretending to herself that she stands for one thing whilst secretly wanting another. She was pretending she was honorable but in reality she wanted to be bad like a pirate. She wanted that kiss from him there but didn't get it and she looked disappointed and pouted over it lol.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 23rd, 2006 at 01:47 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 01:34 PM
blackpearl44

^^ Exactly.....Will has hardly even BEEN with Liz since the middle of the first movie.......and I keep reminding everybody about how Liz and Jack first met........HE SAVED HER LIFE........

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 02:29 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by blackpearl44
^^ Exactly.....Will has hardly even BEEN with Liz since the middle of the first movie.......and I keep reminding everybody about how Liz and Jack first met........HE SAVED HER LIFE........

EXACTLY! Jack from the offset makes a greater impact on her life than Will ever has.

IMO, All the little hints are overshadowed with "oh it could mean that though moments" because by this point in the movies the characters haven't accepted what they really want..its meant to be flying over their heads. It gives the characters a reason to still be in denial about the whole situation. and thats what this movie was about with Liz/Jack..its all about the subconscious feelings they have for one another and what they do to cover them up.

Think about it every hint between the two did this. It was covered up with either denial and/or "Oh but it could mean this moments"

The end scene was the one that completely sorted that out though..they both realized what they wanted what they were covering up through the film. I still don't think they know what they defiantly want yet (cuz it has to continue to the next movie) but that scene defiantly was some kind of wakeup call for both characters..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 23rd, 2006 at 03:15 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 03:00 PM
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

there are so many hints that point to jack /liz

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 05:07 PM
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

thats true, she wants him. you can see that all through out the 2nd movie. she he cares for her, otherwise he wouldnt have come back to help her on the ship.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 05:14 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

yea i thouhgt that was so cute did he come back cus she was on the ship? or he overall just felt bad leaving everyone

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 05:16 PM
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

well he mite of felt bad but prolly mostly b/c she was on it and she depended on him

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 05:19 PM