KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » who will elizabeth fall for?

who will elizabeth fall for?
Started by: POTC lover xoxo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supergurl_mia

Smile

i understand wat u guys are saying about jack and liz, but the idea of jack being tied down by marriage is all wrong! he capt. jack sparrow love, and i just cant picture him as a married man, especially with liz. im still rooting for will.
i guess we'll see in may!!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 07:29 PM
Supergurl_mia is currently offline Click here to Send Supergurl_mia a Private Message Find more posts by Supergurl_mia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

This movie was ESB, for the pirates series.

Luke Skywalker? Check. (will turner, with a missing dad to boot.)

Princess Leah? Check. (elizabeth, becoming much more independant.)

Han Solo? Check.
(Obviously Captain Jack, who develops more of a relationship with the heroine, goes from rouge to hero, and is even "stuck in carbonite" at the end of the picture, and his friends need to go off and rescue him.)

Vader? Check. (davy Jones)

Emporer? Check. (the official who took over, forgot his name, that wants the compass.)

R2 and 3PO? Check. (the fat pirate, and the one with the wooden eyeball.)

Darker story which develops the characters, deepens the romance, introduces a father thought dead for the Luke character, and ends unresolved?

CHECK. big grin

Mark my words now,: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Will Turner and Elizabeth are brother and sister.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 07:37 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408
This movie was ESB, for the pirates series.

Luke Skywalker? Check. (will turner, with a missing dad to boot.)

Princess Leah? Check. (elizabeth, becoming much more independant.)

Han Solo? Check.
(Obviously Captain Jack, who develops more of a relationship with the heroine, goes from rouge to hero, and is even "stuck in carbonite" at the end of the picture, and his friends need to go off and rescue him.)

Vader? Check. (davy Jones)

Emporer? Check. (the official who took over, forgot his name, that wants the compass.)

R2 and 3PO? Check. (the fat pirate, and the one with the wooden eyeball.)

Darker story which develops the characters, deepens the romance, introduces a father thought dead for the Luke character, and ends unresolved?

CHECK. big grin

Mark my words now,: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Will Turner and Elizabeth are brother and sister.

LOL i love you man! so SO true!..that would be fooked up if they were what you said though lol

theres also the fact that Will has this whole gloomy destiny lingering over him. His story with Liz is mirroring Davy Jone's and he cut his heart out and turned evil...With Will, its anikin sky walker all over again eeekk

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 24th, 2006 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 07:39 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choosewisely
wise choosely

but it's also the same as harry potter and lord of the rings yes

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 08:11 AM
choosewisely is currently offline Click here to Send choosewisely a Private Message Find more posts by choosewisely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
exactly^^^ they dont just build up to a climax where the characters truly do have such an amasing chemistry and then say "hey that wasnt important, It didnt mean anything" of course it did..otherwise Movie 2 wouldnt have ended the way it did.

You are so right. It's the whole chemistry thing. There is no chemistry between Will and Elizabeth. IT's a boring relationship - it might work in the real world, but this is the movies, where fantasies are fullfilled. Jack and Liz zizzle in their scenes together - and when you watch Pirates 1 its the same way. All during Pirates 1 I kept thinking they were going to have a moment, and they never did. That's what makes POTC 2 the most awesome movie ever - the action, adventure and the forbidden love story. And for you guys that keep saying it's Disney, they won't do anything like that - put a sweet innocent girl with an old crusty pirate. Come on,it's hollywood. Plus - most of the sexual innuendos go right over the children's heads - only the adults notice them. Plus, this one is rated PG 13 - not intended for children under 13! I was surprised by all the gorriness than anything else. I say Disney should also act like the Pirate it has endured to everyone - and give the audience what it wants most - more Jack and Liz in Pirates 3.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:08 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

EXACTLY every word you say rings so true to me.^^

Its a PIRATE STORY so its not going to be based around happy fluffy bunnies who never do anything wrong in the world and the good guy always wins. Not everything is going to turn out fairly for the characters..(since when do pirates think fairly?)...If they did base it like every other Disney movie theaudience are NOT going to buy it are they..

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

so true ^^

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:53 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote