KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Elizabeth Wants Jack Badly!

Elizabeth Wants Jack Badly!
Started by: lady_captinjack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackpearl44

Yea^^, the compass points to what your heart desires most......when Liz held it, it pointed to Jack EVERY TIME...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 08:52 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sweet_kat22
My script? thanks if you mean mine, Im gonna rewrite it using all these theories and post it again in a new thread. smile

Awsome, it'll be great......can't wait!....

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 09:23 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

No need to get testy. Upset because someone disagrees? Believe me, I watched Pirates 2. And a "Happy-Ending" would not be Jack Sparrow stealing poor Will Turner's fiance from him and having Liz and Jack have a big affair. Meanwhile Will is crying after going through all of that hardship from both movies to save the girl he doesn't even get. Pffft. Sounds like Disney [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, if Disney is so concerned about moral values, then why do they have all that flirting going on between Jack and Elizabeth. To me it would have made more since to just have good old fashion action like they did in Pirates 1, show her missing Will. Why doesn't she tell Jack on the stairs "I'm upset. I miss Will, we should be married." No, instead she says (after just recently having a sexual conversation with Jack) to Jack, "I just thought I'd be married by now. I'm so ready to be married." If she is so in love with Will and missing him so much, then why is she spending all her time flirting with Jack, encouraging him to kiss her. If she was disgusted with Jack, she wouldn't be trying to get him to kiss her. I wouldn't want to get someone to kiss me that I thought was disgusting. Yes, she does leave Jack to die, but it is an impulse moment, one she is definetly regretting...remember Jack tells her, "You will come over to my side, one day....you will act on a selfish impulse because you won't be able to resist." That's why he calls her "Pirate" at the end of the kiss.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 09:31 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

so true

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:01 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

OMGGGGG LOVETHEMTIGERS YOU ARE AMAZING.
I LOVED your fanasy!!!! YAYAYAY!!!! "do you still happen to have no dress in your cabin?!?""" BRILLIANT

MAN i hope we get some more liz jack moments, whatever happens at the enhd.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:03 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

thats what i want. i want some liz and jack moments in the next movie. even if it doesnt end the way i want erm

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:06 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweet_kat22

Me too me too smile

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:40 PM
sweet_kat22 is currently offline Click here to Send sweet_kat22 a Private Message Find more posts by sweet_kat22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

sameeee yes

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 10:41 PM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by Quincy Archer
Yeah I know I posted it. And I even said that I posted it twice. I didn't realize there was so many threads on the topic. No evidence that supported that Will and Elizabeth will be together?

Wow. That is....not right at all.

Let's start with the basics shall we? The VERY beginning? Shall do.

1. Will Turner was the son of Pirate Bootstrap Bill Turner. He was shipwrecked and saved by the navy and brought aboard Elizabeth's ship. This is where they first meet, and Elizabeth immediately begins to feel some sort of connection with Will.

2. Will makes a new life for himself, believing he has lost the one thing that belonged to his father that was important to both of them. He becomes the apprentice for a blacksmith, and becomes an excellent swordsman by practicing 3 hours a day. All the while harboring a crush for the girl who had saved him. Elizabeth frequently feels feelings of affection for Will as well, enough so that her hand-maidens realize it and tease her.

3. After the whole kidnapping of Elizabeth, she gives Barbossa's crew a fake name - Turner. This is because she likes Will. Will meanwhile teams up with a "Pirate" (cough the type of people he hates and distrusts) and attempts to do all in his power to save the woman he loves. To quote him "I would die for her." Eventually jack and Elizabeth wind up on an island, where Jack attempts to seduce her. Elizabeth says her distaste for Jack oftentimes in the movie.

4. They save the day, 3 hours later and the movie ends with Elizabeth turning down the rich handsome norrington, and admits her love for will. The movie ends happily in their embrace.

5. Pirates 2 starts with Elizabeth awaiting her fiance' for her wedding. Not to sound a bit sarcastic but...people who are in LOVE usually get married....

6. Determined to save her true love, Elizabeth embarks on a journey of her own. This is where she teams with Sparrow and the others. Will however is currently aboard the flying dutchman and stuff. Flirting with Jack and whatnot, all attempting to get him to become a good-guy.

7. And this is the most important part of the story - In the end, Elizabeth kisses Jack, and chains him to the mast. Thus leaving him to die. If thats not love, what is? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You say that there was no evidence. Bah. Watch both movies again. Tell me who the couple is. There was no development with their (fully developed already) relationship, because they were off doing other things. Why were they doing those things? Fighting sea monsters and battling pirates? To save each other from death. Why? Because they love each other. Why did Jack do his stuff? Why did your hero lie to his friends and theive from Tia Dalma and tell Will to settle his debt with davy jones?

To save his own ass.

No need to get testy. Upset because someone disagrees? Believe me, I watched Pirates 2. And a "Happy-Ending" would not be Jack Sparrow stealing poor Will Turner's fiance from him and having Liz and Jack have a big affair. Meanwhile Will is crying after going through all of that hardship from both movies to save the girl he doesn't even get. Pffft. Sounds like Disney

A happy ending would mean Jack sparrow..Liz is changing into someone who doesnt want marriage..she wants the pirate life..the whole movie developed her AWAY from Will so that this could happen..Jack is changinf..he came back for her most of all..that whole scene where she clings to his leg symbolizes that. She wants to be free and Will resembles restriction.

Also the Director himself has said that Davy Jone's tragic love story is mirrors Will and Liz's love story in the next one...so thats pretty doomed wouldn't you say?

Wills priorities are changing..its more about his father now. He completley forgot about Liz..he set out to save her then got completley side tracked..when he found her on the island it was by accident..he wasnt there looking for her..he kissed her then basically ignored her again. He expected her to just sit pretty.

there are more than an excess of hints suggesting Jack/Liz..but by this point in the movie the characters are in denial. So they are made to look like "ifs" and "buts"

there are 3 characters in the story (all people who can see the bigger picture) who KNOW that Jack wants Liz and vise versa.

Thats Norrington, Tia and Beckett..its no coincidence that these 3 can see it..these are the charcters in the story who's job/personality is to over see everything. Tia - Mind reader, Beckett - EIT..he looks over the world, Norrington - came from a similar position and ends up working for the EIT in the end. ALL of these 3 knew what both characters wanted and that they were in denial about it.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 25th, 2006 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:21 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by brokenxxheart14
but wen she chained him there was a moment between them she almost went in to kiss him again once he was already chained. she deff. has a thing for jack. then jack said to her pirate. that was a compliment cus she wants to BE a pirate.

So they almost kissed again....yeah? They won't end up together. If so, that would be....eck. How do you know she wants to BE a pirate? She never said that. Everyone keeps treating that as a fact when you are all just guessing that she wants to be a pirate.

Originally posted by blackpearl44
^^How come she smilied every time Jack was flirting with her then? and she even took command in the flirting department a few times also....and it's not a "wife stealer" because nobody is married yet....

She didn't smile every time they flirted. And even if she smiled occasionally, what girl doesn't smile when being the object of flirtation? Fine then "Fiance" stealer.

The main part of this post: I should probably just stop posting this. Everyone just seems to be ignoring the evidence I provide and just saying their same arguements over and over again that I have already put down. Damn the people of kmc with no sense of debate.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:31 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

She wants to be one because in an interview Keira Knightly herself said THATS what her character wants in the movie...so stuff it mate laughing out loud^^

She didn't just turn from posh little girl into swash buckling pirate for no reason...

From the very first movie..even as a little girl she says she finds pirates really interesting.

Also The director said that Liz/Will's relationship is mirroring Davy Jones's in the next movie. Davy cut his heart out because his woman became uncontrollable like the sea and left the marriage..LIZ is doing the exact same thing. isn't she? there are hints beyond hints that a married life with Will is not what she wants. In both the mise en scene and dialogue..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 25th, 2006 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

....did she write the character Elizabeth? erm

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:34 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

hahaha andd they dont have to say it u can tell the way shes changing

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:36 PM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

....did she write the character Elizabeth? erm

No but she plays the character the direcotrs WRITE FOR HER roll eyes (sarcastic) So I think she knows what her character is about UNLESS SHE CANT READ A SCRIPT AND IS DEAF TO WHAT THE DIRECTORS TELL HER TO DO WHILST SHOOTING. Remember that they are already mid way through shooting the second movie..so she knows what her character is about more than we do. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 25th, 2006 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:39 PM
LovelyOne

also the Hat theory of mine pretty much sums up what Jack feels about the whole situation with Liz...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:46 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah I suppose your right about that. But one thing....show me the interview.

Why is that so funny?

What hat theory?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:47 PM
sweet_kat22

Calm down children, everyone has their own opinions and are welcome to share them.

I dont mind a debate, of corse I keep way back in my head that Jack and Liz MAY NOT happen because Disney is Disney lets face it as it was brought up before. I am not expecting my Happy little fairy tale of Jack and Liz getting together to come true, I DO expect some more relationship development between Jack and Liz to happen but I dont really expect them to ditch Will so suddenly and leaving him heart broken unless they are planning on having him cutt out his heart like most people are saying.

I know I am a fan of Liz and Jack but I think what disney is aiming for is maybe they rescue Jack from purgetory , while this is going on Will realizes that the two have some sort of connection because Liz is becoming more 'Pirate'. So it could end in many ways, like Liz and Will could end up together in the end if Jack decides he is too selfish to give up his life as a pirate (If thats what disney plans to write). What Liz really wants is to discover her pirate side of herself and to be FREE of her on land life as the governors daughter. Its like those old disney tales, Aladdin or Cinderellla where they are trapped and long to be free so they live the life of someone else they long to be like. But In Liz's case she just wants a chance to be free, maybe just maybe, disney will end it with the 3 of them together venturing out and Liz and Will are married like they wanted, Jack has his ship like he wanted, and Liz has her freedom like she wanted. And everyone is happy stick out tongue

But who knows theres a tiny bit of hope for those Jack/Liz fans but it might not end exactly how they wanted. Lets face the fact that MOST of the audience was pretty much pissed off when she chained Jack to the ship and left him there. Who knows how the next one will end.,....

So lets stop arguing about it stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:56 PM
sweet_kat22 is currently offline Click here to Send sweet_kat22 a Private Message Find more posts by sweet_kat22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Yeah I suppose your right about that. But one thing....show me the interview.

Why is that so funny?

What hat theory?

LOL sorry...I dont want to intimidate you or anything...when i do sarcastic eyerolls and stuff its just me being silly.

Ok the interview from the UK premiere special,

She didnt say "she wants to be a pirate" but its basically what she means in the interview..she says her character has a fettish/obssesion for pirates and the gruby guy with dreadlocks is who she prefers (Jack)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV4kGu74nzk

Its towards the end

And i'll find my hat theory and post it in a second

Also Lovethemtigers I think the majority of the audience failed to pick up on the fact Jack was loving the whole situation and so wwas she. big grin Its a movie that you have to watch more than once to realise whats really going on smile which i think was Disneys goal. The characters are all in a state of confusion but there are messages hinting towards what they all really want in the movie. So its like the audience are confused but if they look again they see the undertone of hints the second or third time they watch it.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 26th, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 11:56 PM
Quincy
Debaser

My goal was never to argue. Then again, I'm anti-jack/liz

Wait wait, so she doesn't say she wants to be a pirate? A-hah!

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 12:01 AM
LovelyOne

My goal was never to argue. Then again, I'm anti-jack/liz

Wait wait, so she doesn't say she wants to be a pirate? A-hah!

yes but with obssesion the person usually craves what they are obssesed with..they want to have it and they want to BE it in some circumstances..for example female fans of Keira want to be her. Male fans of some rock star usually want to be their idol..because they are so obssesed with him *cough* elvis *cough* They want the lifestyle of the person they adore. Funnily enough Liz starts to dress like Jack in this movie.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 26th, 2006 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 12:05 AM