KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Elizabeth - And her "oh so vicious cycle of emotions" (Spoilers)

Elizabeth - And her "oh so vicious cycle of emotions" (Spoilers)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

darlings, darlings.... lets all not panic now!!!! smile Lets all be logical and remember that no matter what happens, we have a fabulous movie where they DO flirt, and they DO kiss, and that will never change! lol.

Archangel, you are cool. smile i'm glad you are starting to understand women, though i will warn you, just when you think you have figured us out, we go nuts on ya. lol.

Now, back to what I was saying....
We always knew it could go either way. Even though our analysis has been thorough, there is no way for us to know what the writers intended in every situation. I dont think any of this has been figments of our imaginations. I think we have delved deeper into a very deep film and found things out that way. But, we dont have the whole picture, and we wont until the 3rd one comes out.
We have always known it would be extremely predictable for Disney to turn things around and go back to Will. If they do that, you can bet there will be some brilliant writing, awesome directing, and fabulous acting to draw us into the story and make us love it anyways. I mean, its all the characters we love~! smile

Basically what Im trying to say is, I know we all desperately want Jack and Liz to get together, and i think we've all agreed it would make the best ending. But if it doesnt happen, its not the world's end. (no pun intended). We will still get to see Jack looking hott for the entire 3rd movie, etc...

So lets all stay positive. It could still happen. smile

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:28 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
darlings, darlings.... lets all not panic now!!!! smile Lets all be logical and remember that no matter what happens, we have a fabulous movie where they DO flirt, and they DO kiss, and that will never change! lol.

Archangel, you are cool. smile i'm glad you are starting to understand women, though i will warn you, just when you think you have figured us out, we go nuts on ya. lol.

We always knew it could go either way. Even though our analysis has been thorough, there is no way for us to know what the writers intended in every situation. I dont think any of this has been figments of our imaginations. I think we have delved deeper into a very deep film and found things out that way. But, we dont have the whole picture, and we wont until the 3rd one comes out.
We have always known it would be extremely predictable for Disney to turn things around and go back to Will. If they do that, you can bet there will be some brilliant writing, awesome directing, and fabulous acting to draw us into the story and make us love it anyways. I mean, its all the characters we love~! smile

Basically what Im trying to say is, I know we all desperately want Jack and Liz to get together, and i think we've all agreed it would make the best ending. But if it doesnt happen, its not the world's end. (no pun intended). We will still get to see Jack looking hott for the entire 3rd movie, etc...

I know...I'm sorry I'm saying these things...and you are right -the most important element is we DO get to see jack looking hot once again....I mean, cuz he didn't get with Liz in POTC 1 - but he was oh so hot, anyways....it's kind of funny to read those interviews where they were scared of how the audience was going to react to Johnny's portrayal of Jack - and how it all turned out!!!! THe great thing about Johnny - is although we all know and love him as Jack - he is so believable in other roles too - cuz you know some actors get stuck in one mode - but not Johnny - I think he's is the greatest actor ever...and the hottest, of course.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:53 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah he is incredibly talented and versatile. and unique. no one else out there quite like him. its really a pleasure to watch him perform, because he takes on the character so completely. he isnt afraid to take major risks. i really respect that.

you know what? i am hoping for nice Liz/Jack hug. I bet Capn Jack would be a good hugger. smile

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 01:05 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vegaofthelyre

Originally posted by katelovespirate

aww katelovespirate, you are the voice of reason! Just earlier I responded in the "How mad would you be thread" but I do feel a bit comforted because you're absolutely right. Even if I would be sad from a Will/Liz ending, I am still going to enjoy just SEEING hot jack alive again... and no matter what happens, I'm still looking forward to when he sees Liz again for the first time. LOL

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 08:03 AM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I know..I'm strating to think that they are gonna be all boring..but there are so many thing like the Will/Davy simerlatrity..if they were meant to be getting on all peachy in the future then why make that happen in the next?

There are so many things that point the other way..Like how are they going to explain away the compass pointing to him 3 times? The hat? The fact he came back for her? The fact she leaned in to kiss him again after she chained him up? The fact that sh wanted to kiss him in the curiosity scene? Why put that in there if it means nothing later on?

I mean even the whole emotions thing she's going through..she did it in every scene..the very ending was her way of getting rid of the temptation..otherwise I cant see how iits a selfish act..she saved herself yes..but she also saved the others which is noble..

COME ON DISNEY!! do a Star Wars!! make everyone happy!

I mean even the children will be like "why didnt the best character get the girl?"

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 30th, 2006 at 09:55 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 09:52 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I don't think they'll explain the hat thing. lol. But I want them to explain Tia Dalma away! I think she's the one that's confused us all.
But they will almost certainly explain the compass. I hope they confirm the scene in Tortuga with Jack asking himself "What do I want?" was really talking about Liz.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 11:39 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by willofthewisp
I don't think they'll explain the hat thing. lol. But I want them to explain Tia Dalma away! I think she's the one that's confused us all.
But they will almost certainly explain the compass. I hope they confirm the scene in Tortuga with Jack asking himself "What do I want?" was really talking about Liz.

Yeh the whole trying on hats scene in Tortuga and not being satisfied symbolised that he was lost and didn't really know what he wants, he leaves with no hat..then Liz comes along next second and is basically wearing his lost hat, his most beloved item (she is his most beloved "item")..his mind then settles and he seems pretty happy and confident once he has her there..meaning she is the missing part of him that makes him feel complete..In my opinion ...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 11:55 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

Totally, I really agree with LovelyOne and the hat/Jack/Liz theory. It's a really good idea. I'm sorry guys, can some1 explain 2 me what they mean by Will/Davy. I think it's because I've missed something or I'm slow.......... 1 or the other huh

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 12:35 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

AHH^^ basically the Will/Liz relationship in movie 2 and 3 is mirroring Davy's tragic love story (from the directors mouth) Davy's fiance (sea goddess Calypso) was wild and uncontrollable. She left Davy which made him so heartbroken that he cut his heart out....Liz is pretty much doing the same thing..I wrote a whole theory on it called "Will Bill and the knife" here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...l+and+the+knife

The fact that the Director himself has said Will/liz is mirroring Davy/Calypso in movie 2 & 3 makes me convinced that the Jack/Liz thing isn't over with yet..Most people think she chained him up just to betray him..it was more about her fear of her love for him..so she chained him up to remove the temptation of being with him..she forced herself to be with Will..even if its not what her heart really wants..you can see its not what she really wants..she becomes very distraught during and after betraying Jack..She was finding it very hard to let him go..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 10th, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 12:42 AM
surfchikpir8fan

LovelyOne thanx sooooooooooooooooooooo much I'll actually go and read that right now thanx again

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 12:46 AM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOL I dont know why some words are red.I think its because i used the search engine to dig up the thread..and it picked up the words I typed in..if that makes sense..do some words come up red on that page I just gave the link to?^^ laughing out loud

and you are welcome big grin

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 12:48 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I understood the hat theory, I just don't think the third movie will talk about it much, if at all.
Jack: You found the best hat, love. Come to sea with me
Liz: It completes you, Jack. I just didn't think you would figure it out.
Jack: Psh! I'm Jack Sparrow!

But I'm going to prepare myself for some real twists. I didn't even expect Jack to ever be kissing ANYONE much less Liz, and then I saw it.
Me: hmmm, this is such a cool movie. Wonder why Liz is staying behind...WHOW! Oh my gosh! This kiss is so hot! This is so awesome! Oh! What will they do with Will?

This movie broke all the "disney" rules, along with the first one, so I don't expect any patterns at all, although I will be disappointed if things go grim for Will. Stiff or not, he's pretty brave and pretty sweet. I just don't like when bad things happen to good people.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 02:53 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I also don't think its going to be talked about either..Its pretty obvious what it meant in move 2..and its actually resolved at the end of move 2..he got his darn hat back at the end laughing out loud meaning he WON liz over big grin..they wont need to bring it up again...its already been answered..

I could totally tell she was about to Kiss him..they wouldn't have put the teaser in earlier if she wasn't going to..

They did that with the 1st movie..she almost kisses Will but the kiss is saved until the end...Its in the Script writers' 4 main rules (which they mention during the commentary of movie 1)

1. No book ends
2. No book ends
3. never kill the dog
4. always save the Kiss till last

Will IS the brave and sweet character...but its always THOSE ones you have to watch out for in movies..you think they are the safe ones and then BAM twist of the century they do something crazy and stupid....I think he is going to become a pretty disliked character at some point in movie 3.

Jack said it best in movie 1:

"You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Its the HONEST ones you need to look out for..you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly STUPID"

So IMO..Will is going to do something massively stupid and risky in movie 3 and perhaps hurt Jack and Liz in some way.....and the audience Will be shocked to the core..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 10th, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 11:34 AM
jdl1224
captain jack <3

you know. it be cool to think that they did those thing in #1 to continue on in the other 2 but you cant because they didnt know there would be more. But then again, they could just put stuff in the other 2 that relates to the first one to make you think that.

well that was officially confusing. smile

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:34 PM
jdl1224 is currently offline Click here to Send jdl1224 a Private Message Find more posts by jdl1224 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

your tellin m. lol wink

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:44 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by jdl1224
you know. it be cool to think that they did those thing in #1 to continue on in the other 2 but you cant because they didnt know there would be more. But then again, they could just put stuff in the other 2 that relates to the first one to make you think that.

well that was officially confusing. smile

Yes I agree that they didnt know they could continue that theme in the next 2 movies because at the time they didnt know at the t they were going to make more..but they probably decided to carry on the themes raised in movie 1 into the next two movies when they started to make them..it would only make sense for them to do that..they coudln't make the next 2 movies comlethey different to the first one..they have to link movie 2 and 3 in with what happened in the 1st movie..

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 07:56 PM
canchaserAK

ok new to the boards, but I came up with a really interesting spin to this whole LOVE TRIANGLE now thanks to POTC2 the night we went to go see it the whole ride home was nothing but a discussion on who in #3 is liz gonna end up with in the end. I came up with this theory.

liz is gonna ditch both guys for the sea, she's been a pirate since movie 1 and its only fitting for her to sail off into the sunset leaving both suiters stupified. personally I'd love for her to end up with jack those 2 would be the love match of all time, but with the recent shift of views toward females in movies (the heroine, super hero, the woman who doesnt need anyones help especially a man) I could see this being incorporated.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 08:17 PM
canchaserAK is currently offline Click here to Send canchaserAK a Private Message Find more posts by canchaserAK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

no i sort of agree with that theory- i think it is possible. i have thought it might happen.

But both guys are hott, so really, she should choose one. Cough cough Jack.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 08:19 PM
jdl1224
captain jack <3

ive never thought of it that way.

but because it's disney i'm not sure they would do it. its usually a "happy ever after" ending. unless they built it up to where that WAS the happy ending then they might. but so far i think jack might end up being the happy ever after because theyll build him up to be fantastic after will wants to kill himself or something.

who knows. smile

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 08:34 PM
jdl1224 is currently offline Click here to Send jdl1224 a Private Message Find more posts by jdl1224 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

the majority of the audience are going to want Jack to win out in the end..and if its clear that he' wants Liz in movie 3..he will probably get her..He seems to be showing that he really wants her (not just for sex) in movie 2...so I'm guessing it's going to continue in movie 3. It wouldnt make any sense if it just stopped by movie 3..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 10th, 2006 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 10:40 PM