KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » 3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?

3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
But for me Jack really cares more about her. Even at the cannibal scene Jack is worried when Will is telling him that Liz gets hung if he doesn't bring the compass.

And for me: When Will comes on that island and Liz kisses him he tries to speak very fast to the others and it seems to me, he does not enjoy the kiss that much.

Yes I agree with you.

Jack doesn't actually seem all that bothered about Will being hurt but as soon as he mentions Liz he looks more concerned..

If I remember correctly..he actually stops in his tracks once Will mentions that Liz is in danger... I think..

When I saw that scene at first I was like "what the? I thought he cared about Will..he looks like he doesn't care..oh at least he is showing some care towards Liz now that Will has mentioned her"

I don't think Liz or Will got alot of emotion out of that Kiss...Me as a member of the audience sure didn't...it looked awkward to me..

What intrigues me is that when ever Liz and Will have a one on one moment..they are NEVER allowed to be alone..people are intruding upon it all the time..someone is aways watching them as if its a play in a theatre where the characters don't really mean what they feel when they perform love scenes..Its like its all window dressing when it comes to Liz and Will..its all false..It looks pretty but its actually a very empty looking kiss...

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:06 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tia dalma

When Will appears on the island Jack's expression is all like Shit!. He tries to cover it up when Will talks about being tricked onto the flying dutchman. What! whistle hehehe
Aww, on ohjohnny.net, they watched the preview and there's one part when Jack asks "Did anyone come to rescue me because they missed me" and the crew goes silent then Jack the monkey puts up his paw. love

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:15 PM
tia dalma is currently offline Click here to Send tia dalma a Private Message Find more posts by tia dalma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOL that just makes me think even more that Jack wants some love from someone..he's now seeking it in his life, its obvious..It may look like a joke..but I bet that little line has more meaning in it then we think..

In movie one he probably wouldnt even CARE if these people didnt come back for him because they miss him..He's starting to want some human companionship in his life..mainly from Liz me thinks..big grin

The Jack from movie 1 would have NEVER said anything like that..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:18 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

aww lol

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 08:19 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"He also completley forgets about what he sets out to do..which is get the compass and get Liz out of prison..by the end of the movie all he cares about is stabbing that bloody heart..which means the EITC are going to be mighty PISSED at him if he does and they will probably hang Liz for it if she was stuck back in the cell. HE doesnt know that she has escaped when he promises to stab the heart for his father!!! Obviously his dad is more imporatent to him at the moment...he's forgotten about Liz's saftey completley here.."-------Lovely One

But does he really understand it all? Does he really get why the EITC wants the compass? I don't remember all the details, but Jack's compass is pretty powerful on its own. It shows you where the thing/person is you want most in the world. I thought Will believed they wanted the compass to have the compass, not exactly to get the chest. So if that was his logic, he wouldn't be forgetting Liz's safety.
If that's wrong and he knew exactly what he was doing, he knew Liz escaped anyway. She would have been hanged for her first charge of helping Jack plus running away, plus putting Beckett at gunpoint. So if he was reuinted with her, maybe he thought he would form a plan about what the two of them would do after it was all over.
I don't think he was thinking that far ahead, though, but he wasn't sacrificing Liz to save his father. I don't think he would ever willingly put her in danger.

One more thing, everyone gets on him for telling Liz to guard the chest while the guys fight. Guarding the chest is crucial! Had she stayed with it and guarded it as fiercely as she fights, maybe it wouldn't have fallen into the wrong hands and everyone would have been fine. It's not a bad thing, to want to protect someone, and it's not a bad thing to want a really, really, REALLY important object kept safe.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 09:30 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by willofthewisp
"He also completley forgets about what he sets out to do..which is get the compass and get Liz out of prison..by the end of the movie all he cares about is stabbing that bloody heart..which means the EITC are going to be mighty PISSED at him if he does and they will probably hang Liz for it if she was stuck back in the cell. HE doesnt know that she has escaped when he promises to stab the heart for his father!!! Obviously his dad is more imporatent to him at the moment...he's forgotten about Liz's saftey completley here.."-------Lovely One

But does he really understand it all? Does he really get why the EITC wants the compass? I don't remember all the details, but Jack's compass is pretty powerful on its own. It shows you where the thing/person is you want most in the world. I thought Will believed they wanted the compass to have the compass, not exactly to get the chest. So if that was his logic, he wouldn't be forgetting Liz's safety.
If that's wrong and he knew exactly what he was doing, he knew Liz escaped anyway. She would have been hanged for her first charge of helping Jack plus running away, plus putting Beckett at gunpoint. So if he was reuinted with her, maybe he thought he would form a plan about what the two of them would do after it was all over.
I don't think he was thinking that far ahead, though, but he wasn't sacrificing Liz to save his father. I don't think he would ever willingly put her in danger.

One more thing, everyone gets on him for telling Liz to guard the chest while the guys fight. Guarding the chest is crucial! Had she stayed with it and guarded it as fiercely as she fights, maybe it wouldn't have fallen into the wrong hands and everyone would have been fine. It's not a bad thing, to want to protect someone, and it's not a bad thing to want a really, really, REALLY important object kept safe.

Yes thats true about him not knowing..fair point.. but he DOES forget that he is supposed to be getting the compass..he decides to pursue that heart instead to save his father..which is not going to lead to Liz's freedom at all....It seems..to him..she can stay there in that horrible cell and wait patiently whilst he pursues more "important" matters.

by making her guard the chest he is basically telling her to stay the hell out of his business...He has more "important" matters to attend to than listen to what she has to say..you can see how pissed off she is at this..Jack actually involves her in the adventure..Will pushes her to the sidelines..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:00 PM
LovelyOne

He doesn't say it in a way that suggests he cares about her safety, Its not like "look liz I need you to guard the chest..for me..be safe" he says it really quickly as if he is trying to buzz an annoying fly away from him...he just runs off...

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 15th, 2006 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:09 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Doesn't he just say "Guard the chest!" while running off? I'm sure if she ran off, he would stay and guard the chest.

I'm a pretty modern girl, and I'm all for women having their own adventures and doing things for themselves, but there is involving someone in adventures, and then there is putting someone in danger. Jack can involve Liz because he's not putting her in danger. They are safe on the Pearl. Will feels he can't involve Liz in the fighting because 1. she is important to him and wants to protect her and 2. the chest needs guarded. It's her mistake she didn't stay there because then they would still have it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:13 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yes. but if she did stay and guard the chest there wouldnt have been that hilarious scene when she was yelling at them for acting like idiots because they were fighting!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 10:31 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

to true! But why wouldn't you want guys fighting oberyou?? lol wink

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:03 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

LOL! SOOOO TRUE!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:13 PM
diddly
DIVING

I wish it was that way at my skool! No guy likes me!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:18 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

aww thats ok. do u like any of them??

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:19 PM
diddly
DIVING

maybe..

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:20 PM
CaptinJackLover

so thats a yes?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:20 PM
diddly
DIVING

Originally posted by diddly-dum
maybe..

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:23 PM
CaptinJackLover

WELL... if you dont then there is no need to be worrying about someone liking you. but if you do then they are complete idiots for not liking you!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:27 PM
diddly
DIVING

OKAY!! I give in! I like a guy!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:28 PM
CaptinJackLover

how do you know he doesnt like you?!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:37 PM
diddly
DIVING

The way he acts around me,..I guess,.. where di deveryone go?? there is like no one on here!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 11:39 PM