KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Storyline in a game

Best Storyline in a game
Started by: eggmayo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

I didn't find it confusing at all...it doesn't all come together until the end though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 03:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
hm...

Chrono Trigger/Cross

the MGS games

FF's 6 through 10

Conker's Bad Fur Day (for how simple it was, it was really enjoyable)

and i actually liked Wind Waker's story alot

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 04:51 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Originally posted by Lana
I'm very partial to FFX's storyline, myself.

same... the soundtrack wasn't half bad either

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 06:22 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
same... the soundtrack wasn't half bad either

The soundtrack's great.

I've always loved FF music, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 06:22 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Originally posted by Lana
The soundtrack's great.

I've always loved FF music, though.

indeed... i won a guilty gear CD from a guilty gear tournament, but the minute i saw that the Potion: Chillin' with Final Fantasy CD was of equal value, i immediately traded for it

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 06:24 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

legend of zeldabig grin

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 04:46 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

starcraft and maybe the pokemon red n blue big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 08:23 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

For the few people who have actually played it : "Arc the Lad : Twilight of the Spirits" had a pretty good story with "realistic" emotions and lots of different points of view.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 08:32 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm, i think they should make all the games and then perhaps someone can make a huge film of it, like a trilogy or somethin like LOTR, its got a good enough story thats for sure, the only difficulty is to get all the same voices at the same time as having good actors, Simon templemen doesnt look like Kain really confused ....Kain would have to be done in CGI or somethin and simon does the voice

Id also like an RPG based version of the game a bit like Elder scrolls oblivion where people and citizens walk around and do their own stuff and then you play as Kain or some sort of Human, Vampire or maybe Demon or soul reaver like Raziel and then evolve, get stronger, learn skill and spells and suck blood. Imagine playing as Kain as powerful as he is now in Nosgoth, the game could allow players to Evolve Kain depending on how long they play, if you play like 5-10 hours on the game, Kain evolves with a new gift such as wings or more powers and such, would be awsome and prob sell loads to LOK fans, Oblivion fans, Free style game fans and vampire fans or anyone who wants to play an awsome game Happy Dance

would be ab interesting concept, and finally when Kain is fully evovled he can shatter buildings with TK and rip out trees or kill entire legiosn and armies of sarafan warriors, would be awsome to fight hundreds on screen at once, with all Kains powers during the game eek!

id get it...except for the evolution but..i dont think i want that..the rest of it though would rock...back on topic...loz OOT was a good story..

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 12:55 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Prey...made me think about life..y we here?
orrr
Silent Hill for the crazy wicked effect story
OR
Quake 2 & 4. Brings a new way of aliens invading the earth...they turn us into them instead of just killing us or abducting us or whatever. of course many movies and games made after quake2 had this stuff so no one really thinks it was their idea much..

BUT YEAH!!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 05:49 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The GTA games have good stories, especially since they are so well acted.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 09:15 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VinceValentine

Kingdom hearts is the most heartfelt game i have ever come across, final fantasy 7 remade on ps 3 with all the effects that kh had would be the only game to be better than kh, everything about kingdom hearts was awesome, anyone who plays it a bit will love it and it had the best ending ever, so yeh thats my opinion on best storyline game ever

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:53 AM
VinceValentine is currently offline Click here to Send VinceValentine a Private Message Find more posts by VinceValentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

^Like what you said.

Anyway I was going to say FFX...but KH2 is tied with that on my list.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:01 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i forgot loom
that game had emotion coming outta the pixels big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:07 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The Metal Gear storyline is my personal favorite. Its deep, interesting and engrossing though sorta convoluted at times but that's why I find it interesting since it makes me want to play the games over and over in order to get stuff that I missed the first time around. That's the cool thing about the MGS series, every time I replay one I notice something new that I didn't before.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:29 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Starcraft

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:33 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hannibal-Lector

Originally posted by Infinity
i also cried at end of ff10

Same actually, its what real men do who dont pretend they are somethign else or too macho...

my votes are ffx ffvii, warcraft (frozen thrown had a creepy ending)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:20 PM
Hannibal-Lector is currently offline Click here to Send Hannibal-Lector a Private Message Find more posts by Hannibal-Lector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Shadow of The Colossus, Ico, Zelda, God of War to name a few.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:24 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Silent Hill 2.

"So that's why all this is happening? Damn."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:40 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
The Metal Gear storyline is my personal favorite. Its deep, interesting and engrossing though sorta convoluted at times but that's why I find it interesting since it makes me want to play the games over and over in order to get stuff that I missed the first time around. That's the cool thing about the MGS series, every time I replay one I notice something new that I didn't before.

The first Metal Gear Solid (Well, not first, but first Playstation game) was the best I think. Two just had The Matrix Reloaded syndrome, tried too hard to achieve a smart ending. I've never even played 3, the series was tainted for me, which is a shame because it was lining up to be my fav besides the R.Es.

I did like the second, a lot, and the ending WAS good, it just tried too hard.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 12:00 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote