KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Sarah Connor Chronicles

Sarah Connor Chronicles
Started by: barand1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

(please log in to view the image)
Fox have released some nice looking posters for TSCC, although there is no John Connor, which is a shame I think.

Anyway click the following to see them (4 in total).

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20160052,00.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Last edited by barand1 on Nov 16th, 2007 at 08:34 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 08:29 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaime Sommers
Restricted

Account Restricted

For Australians interested in this series, it will on Channel Nine sometime over summer.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:23 AM
Jaime Sommers is currently offline Click here to Send Jaime Sommers a Private Message Find more posts by Jaime Sommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Another month and this will be on.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 06:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Just saw the pilot for the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and it sure has potential.

However I just got curious about a possible continuity error. Didn't Johns father in Terminator 1 say that (adding Spoiler tags incase none of those who read this have seen the pilot) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it was no way to get a time machine to travel forward in time? I can understand that they want to have the series set in 2007, so they don't have to worry about mixing in stuff not created back in the 99.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 09:53 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Yes that is what I thought, but I guess it's another thing thats been overlooked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 02:46 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by barand1
I'm hoping this will turn out a good character piece and concentrate on the characters than the action (if any?).

This show looks F'ing stupid. Bet it gets cancelled after one season

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 11:28 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let it actually get on the air before throwing stones at it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 05:19 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This airs next sunday, then monday. Looks good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I'll be watching.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 10:50 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Doesn't this show contradict terminator 3?

In T3 when John was like "No, no, you shouldn't even be here, we stopped judment day".

he was all suprised, now if this show gets considered to be cannon, he shouldn't be.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 03:04 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

Apparently it has already aired and people are not too impressed...

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 08:59 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I absolutely loved the show. I can't wait for tonight's episode.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 02:38 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Sarah Connor is the Queen in 2007's "300" film.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 03:54 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Doesn't this show contradict terminator 3?

In T3 when John was like "No, no, you shouldn't even be here, we stopped judgement day". He was all suprised, now if this show gets considered to be canon, he shouldn't be.

You're right - the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" does indeed completely contradict "T3" (and in more ways than just the one you mentioned). The producers of the show have admitted as much, explaining that, for the purposes of their series, "T3" has been disregarded entirely (with only "T1" and "T2" considered canon). Apparently, they have justified this move by saying that the "Terminator" series has already shown us that the idea of alternate futures is possible.

From a storytelling view, this certainly makes sense; after all, according to "T3", not a lot actually happened between "T2" and "T3", other than John going on the run, and Sarah dying from leukaemia - events that would hardly make for a compelling series!

As for the issue of canon, it appears that now only "T1" and "T2" are actually strictly canon, with the TV series and movies having differing canons concerning the events taking place thereafter; even though the TV series is disregarding "T3", "T4" will indeed consider its events (and not those of the "Sarah Connor Chronicles") to be canon, and will follow on from them.

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 03:58 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Ahnold
You're right - the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" does indeed completely contradict "T3" (and in more ways than just the one you mentioned). The producers of the show have admitted as much, explaining that, for the purposes of their series, "T3" has been disregarded entirely (with only "T1" and "T2" considered canon). Apparently, they have justified this move by saying that the "Terminator" series has already shown us that the idea of alternate futures is possible.

From a storytelling view, this certainly makes sense; after all, according to "T3", not a lot actually happened between "T2" and "T3", other than John going on the run, and Sarah dying from leukaemia - events that would hardly make for a compelling series!

As for the issue of canon, it appears that now only "T1" and "T2" are actually strictly canon, with the TV series and movies having differing canons concerning the events taking place thereafter; even though the TV series is disregarding "T3", "T4" will indeed consider its events (and not those of the "Sarah Connor Chronicles") to be canon, and will follow on from them.

why would they do that? I have an intrest to watch the show, but I doubt it will last one season

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 04:14 PM
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

i thought for a tv show it was ****ing awsome. it does refer to t3 in alot of ways but still. im definatley excited for tonights episode

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 08:45 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

This was pretty tight. I'm really exited for this the same way I was waiting for next week so I could see the next Blade episode. It contradicts with T3 but not alot of people care much for T3 anyway. I though for a tv show it was aweswome. I'll be watching again tonight for sure.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 09:56 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Martin
This was pretty tight. I'm really exited for this the same way I was waiting for next week so I could see the next Blade episode. It contradicts with T3 but not alot of people care much for T3 anyway. I though for a tv show it was aweswome. I'll be watching again tonight for sure.

t3 was good but you cant touch the first 2 films though. i thought this series was gona suck teribly but thank you god i was wrong.

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 10:34 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by P23
t3 was good but you cant touch the first 2 films though. i thought this series was gona suck teribly but thank you god i was wrong.
wink

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 01:12 AM
Tempe Brennan
Bones

We are still waiting here in Australia for the series to screen. Only six weeks of summer to go, and no word from the TV people yet...

Thanks Passione

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 02:11 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote