KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA discussion thread

NBA discussion thread
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (549): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Yeah we do and its guite enjoyable to watch when you're cheering for your home town. But the skill level is nowhere near the NBA, the only advantage (if you can call it that) is the big men have more of an outside game because alot of teams play zones (heathens). The NBA is where its at though.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:27 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Often it's a lot more enjoyable for me to watch NCAA basketball (especially march madness) than it is for me to watch NBA games. It is just more exciting that way for some reason. The NBA is great but it's so over hyped and commercialized, I prefer college basketball for a good game. The only problem is I don't really have a college team to route and there are way too many teams for me to be able to keep up. So overall I just follow the Knicks closely and watch march madness for fun.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:34 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

College ball seems more intense sometimes to me, maybe because they're not getting ridiculous amounts of money (yet) to play. Some NBA games it seems like they are just going through the motions, especially in the early part of the season. But its still my favourite league to watch in any sport. The playoffs rule.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:44 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

No live games? Wow, I would die. In the next two weeks I'm going to watch my Blazers take on the Clippers, the Raptors, and the Rockets all for pretty cheap. big grin

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 10:57 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Yeah last year's playoffs were alot of fun for me to watch once I got over the Nets sweeping the Knicks. I was routing for New Orleans once the knicks were out. Baron Davis is a great guard, when he won the guard's challenge thing during the All star events last year I was disappointed Marbury didn't win but I was still happy for Baron. My dad was really liking the Piston's in the playoffs last year. I can't stand the Pistons but they impressed me.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 11:01 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

I'm going to see the Twolves vs. Heat in a week, can't wait KG vs Shaq.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 11:34 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by cal31
I'm going to see the Twolves vs. Heat in a week, can't wait KG vs Shaq.

Thanks mate, rub it in why dont ya? wink
Enjoy the game, who are you picking?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 12:12 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Twolves of course, hometown team.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 01:01 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

The Kings have looked terrible the first two games of the season. While they've faced two good teams there is still no excuse for getting blown out both games. I just hope I'll see decent defense out of this team because if they play defense like last year they're not doing shit.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 01:03 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Utah is ripping the Lakers apart right now. I love it.

F U man.
lol jk

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 02:54 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
F U man.
lol jk

Are you a Lakers fan Wolf Dog?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 03:13 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

well for me... college and the NBA is about the same... March Madness is great... its much better though when u r rooting for a team... and i was rooting for St Joes... man was thet great... i was so pissed though when we lossed... and i started like the Pistons to from what've i've seen of them in the playoffs

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 06:53 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

When it comes to college I just route against UConn. I like to route the Tarheels sometimes because I lived in NC for 2 years one and off and they kinda feel like a home team.

When it comes to NBA I always route the Knicks first, but I also think it would be cool for the Charlotte Bobcats to have a decent season within a few years. I lived in NC when the Hornets moved to New Orleans, and I don't blame them for leaving. It was totally the city's fault, but I still hope things work out well with the Bobcats because I felt bad for all my friends who were Hornets fans when their team moved.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 10:30 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

If you guys want we can make this thread "the Official Basketball thread", since you'don't seem to be sticking to the NBA here...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 11:17 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

After watching the Twolves vs. Nuggets game last night, I was reminded just how much of an immature and pathetic team Denver is. They have Anthony who thinks everything should be given to him and complains when things don't go his way, they have the dumb as# Fransico Nelson, the no name player who seems to forget he is a bench player and thinks he is good enough to talk smack with KG and get in his face and on top of that, act like a 2 yr. old calling KG gay, Kenyon Martin who is just about the biggest punk in the NBA, and anybody else see the Nuggets "fan" who ran onto the court after Flip right after the game ended. Guess it just spreads throughout the whole Nugget community.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 12:46 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

The NBA is going downhill.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 01:02 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

it would be going uphill if Kobe would be in jail right now.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 01:06 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

laughing No kidding. I hate Bryant. He's the most selfish athlete I've ever seen. In fact, I've read parts from Phil Jackson's book which supposedly is coming out soon, if it hasn't already been released, and Kobe demanded that the Lakers pay for his travel expenses while going on trial, and that they supply him with his own private jet. Anyway, the Lakers did, and when Kobe got the jet, he said it wasn't good enough for him.

Don't believe me? Just read the book. I can't wait to read the full thing. Those were only clips that I read.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 02:58 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
If you guys want we can make this thread "the Official Basketball thread", since you'don't seem to be sticking to the NBA here...

No. If they want to talk college, tell them to make a separate topic. We don't need these different conversations in the same topic.

Anyway, I went to the Blazer game last night and I was very impressed. Sure it was against the Clippers but everybody did what they were suppose to. Theo had 9 blocks which tied the franchise record but he really had 10. He blocked a dunk and the refs called it goaltending even though the ball was in his hands for a dunk. One block was one of the coolest I've ever seen. He jumped up, and with a full side arm swing where he hand didn't go above his head, through the ball back with a loud slap. DA hit outside shots, SAR had 22 points-8rebs-5stls, Z-Bo had 14 and 14, and Staudamire had 11 asts. Great hustle too. Ruben Patterson dived for a loose ball and in turn speared coach Cheeks into the scorers table (hurting Cheek's back that just had surgery). If Blazers play like this all season with defense being #1 priority, they could be back in the playoffs.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 12:00 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Damn, every team I rooted for lost today.
Seattle beat SA
Toronto beat Portland
Lakers beat Hawks

At least Theo got 6 more blocks. I'm hoping he is block champion again with a riduculous amount of blocks.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:53 AM