KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA discussion thread

NBA discussion thread
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (549): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Good to see Detroit finally lost. It's about time their heads swelled up a little to the point where they thought the Raptors would be a shoe in. The Raptors should be a shoe in for a team like Detroit, but it just goes to show that every game you need to come to play.

Lakers beating the Hawks is no surprise to me. Sure LA is bad, but no one is as bad as the Hawks. And they picked up A. Walker which makes them even worst. Kobe has A LOT of growing up to do this year. He spends the better part of the game complaining to refs when he forces his shots and doesn't run the offense the right way. And the rest of LA is a joke....Odem specifically. He only drives to the left hand side, and he has almost no jump shot. How is that guy even a professional? I can hit 18 foot jump shots left and right handed...seriously!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Odem specifically. He only drives to the left hand side, and he has almost no jump shot. How is that guy even a professional? I can hit 18 foot jump shots left and right handed...seriously!

Even when he drives right (on those blue moon nights) he always tries to finish with his left hand (block party anyone?) Hes pretty mobile for a big man but he has no intensity. There are quite a few teams out there that the Lakers will still beat but the glory days have moved to another city for a few years (not sure which city but its not LA). embarrasment

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:29 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

well i think the sixers are 2-2

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 10:21 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote:
Good to see Detroit finally lost. It's about time their heads swelled up a little to the point where they thought the Raptors would be a shoe in. The Raptors should be a shoe in for a team like Detroit, but it just goes to show that every game you need to come to play.

raptors could suprise alot of people this year...theyre 3-0 and could be for real but your right.... detriot should have won that game

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:15 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Carmelo is becoming a joke. I love it. Complains about time, bad sport to other countries during the olympics, marijuana (whether his or not is in the wrong crowd), BALL HOG (went 3-20 other night and went 2-13 in the first half tonight), and tonight came in a T-shirt with the twin towers burning saying something about John Kerry shouldn't have given up, yet Carmelo admitted that he didn't vote himself. What an ideot.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 04:33 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

d-wade is better eek!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:04 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Worst part about the Lakers is....they're huge complainers.

Like last year, they kinda got all buddy-buddy with the refs because of the caliber of their players and how long they had been in the league, but this new batch is ridiculous. Kobe and Lamar look like they're about to cry every time they don't get a call....

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:29 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Worst part about the Lakers is....they're huge complainers.

I think having Malone on their team last year cant be underestimated. Even though he has lost some of his skills, his professionalism and his experience held the team together when it could have fractured. Kobe is a great player but he has to change and grow a bit to be a great leader on his team.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 07:37 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
d-wade is better eek!

Yes. Dwayne Wade is better.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 09:19 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

D-Wade certainly has the goods, his dunk over Jermaine O'Neal in the playoffs was my top play of last season (made me jump out of my chair)eek! If he develops an outside game he will become one of the elite point guards in the league.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 09:42 PM
Afro Cheese

D-Wade is really talented especially for this being so early in his career. The question is will he continue to get better and grow at good rate for him to become a hall of famer. I can't stand the Heat but they are an undeniable force this year.

Players I am hoping can have a good season this year are Mike Sweetney of the Knicks who was on the team last year but never a major part of the team, but looked really good in the first two games of their season this year. And Primoz Brezec of the Charlotte Bobcats who came from the Indiana pacers. His best game last year he scored 6 points. This year he has scored 35 points and had 19 rebounds in Charlotte's two games.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 11:04 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm hoping that Kirilenko will dominate all year like he is right now. I've always said that he was going to be the man and have said that in not too long he will be MVP calliber due to his scoring plus his all around defense. Looks like my prediction may come true.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:22 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
I'm hoping that Kirilenko will dominate all year like he is right now. I've always said that he was going to be the man and have said that in not too long he will be MVP calliber due to his scoring plus his all around defense. Looks like my prediction may come true.

Hes certainly started the season well. Utah are on fire at the moment and they seem to be doing it the same way Detroit did last season - smothering defense.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 01:34 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

This is ugly, the Blazers are 14 for 62 and still winning by 1 somehow at the beginning of the forth. The Nets are 18-57.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 02:32 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

19 for 78! That is F*CKING RIDICULOUS! Thats 24.359% from the field! We lost to the f*cking Nets! Goddamn! They better pull things together if they want to make it back to the playoffs.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 02:59 AM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Myth

i always felt the same way...i love watching him play and he dunked right in melos face the other day but i only get to see like 2 utah games a year sad .....there is actually talk about malone coming back to utah this year...im pissed utah finaly has all this talent and a deep bench and malone and stockton arent there.....bring back the give and go!!!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:05 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

The Stockton - Malone pick and roll was a thing of beauty. cool

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 03:25 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wow, what a display by Lebron. Outscoring the Suns by himself in the 4th to come back from 19 points. He had 38 pts total with 10 rebs, 6 assts, 3 blks, and 3 stls.

Too bad my Blazers suck. I'm calling it now, they WILL NOT make the playoffs. I had my hopes up, but I'm calling it now unless we make some major trade. We came into the season with pretty much the same team so they should be used to each other and we had like the easiest beginning schedule in the league. I figured that we had to win about 6 of our first 8 games because these are the only easy games we'll get for a long time. We barely beat GS, beat Clippers, then lost to Raptors, Nets, and Celtics. Horrible.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 07:42 AM
Linkalicious

Go Lakers no expression

Last night was another joke. Either they fight for a win, or they get hammered. No blow outs for the Lakers this year. Hell, even their 32 point lead went to sh!t when Kobe fouled out.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 03:18 PM
wuTa

this season is already got my blood pumping....i enjoyed the suns game last night but was disappointed they lost..im not really a suns fan but they are fun to watch when nash is running the show plus i wanted cleveland to lose...****in illhgighsldh or whatever the hell his name is...i couldnt beleive he hit that 3 mad...i also enjoyed watching seattle play...fortson reminds me of a ben wallace type player plus they have ridnour who played awesome and its always fun to watch ray allen shoot the lights out but whats up with the kings?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 04:51 PM