KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA discussion thread

NBA discussion thread
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (549): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

the sixers had a good game.. they are 2-3 now... we were down by 6 with a minute left and then we get fouled... make 2 free throws.. get the ball back.. get fouled.. again 2 points.. then the nets miss 4 staright free throws and the Iverson hits a fade-away to tie it up with 7.2 too go... it wen't to over time and we won... then i watched South Park andwhen i put on the Cleveland game it was almost over

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 10:35 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

laughing Nuggets are considering bringing Carmelo in off the bench. laughing

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:00 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

^^ lol.. really?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:08 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Yeah, but probably not anymore after the last game where he finally showed up. Anybody hear about this Ron Artest shit? The Pacers are denying it but apparently Artest asked for a month off to work on his rap album. He may even retire after this year. A little ways back he mentioned early retirement if he wins a championship and now he is really trying to push a rap career.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 10:06 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i heard that he wanted a month off, but agreed to only 2 games off because he felt that was all he needed to re-evaluate his situation. The guy is an all-star basketball player, not a rap star. What in God's name is he doing to his team.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 12:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

he played good agaist the sixers last night with 29 points... but we won! that was a great game... Kyle Korver is amazing.. i can't wait to see him play in the future.. Krover hit a game tieing three and it went to overtime.. then Iverson hits his first buzzer beater winner in his career. Kyle Korver had 6 threes and 23 points. The sixers are 3-3... and wow... thats not gonna stay if we keep going down by twelve or more points every game.. yup.. we are 3-3 and we've been down by twelve or more in everygame so far.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 07:08 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
i heard that he wanted a month off, but agreed to only 2 games off because he felt that was all he needed to re-evaluate his situation. The guy is an all-star basketball player, not a rap star. What in God's name is he doing to his team.

I don't think it was really an agreement because Artest still had to show up to the games. He wanted to be able to use the time for his rap album. The benching was a punishment.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 09:15 PM
Afro Cheese

Iverson impressed me when the Sixers played the Knicks. That's the only philly game I've seen this year. He was really consistant and looked alot better than last year. I'm pretty nervous about this season... Miami, Boston, and Philly are all looking better than last year.. and the Knicks aren't. Although there line up is getting a little younger, and that's a good thing.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 10:11 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I went to the Blazer/Raptor game today and I was sweatin by the end. We blew a 20 point lead and Murray's 3-pointer for the tie was barely too late. I was disappointed that Carter didn't give me 1 dunk to see. In fact, he only scored 4 points in like 22 minutes or about that amount of time. He didn't play the 4th because the team was doing better without him.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 09:57 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

What the hells wrong with Denver? They were being picked as a contender this year but they are having a nightmare start. Do you guys think they have a chance if the team gels or are there too many internal problems?
Dallas are looking good even though it still early days, they are scoring like crazy (no change there) but are they finally playing some defense?
Just a couple of questions to keep the thread moving. big grin

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 07:45 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

nice Kool...

Umm....I think Denver's big mistake was picking up Kenyon Martin. Denver doesn't have a team leader like Jason Kidd to keep someone like Kenyon Martin in check. Not that he is a bad player, because he most certainly is very talented, i just don't think he was the missing piece to their puzzle. He's too much Show for the amount of Go that Denver has.

I still think they will jell nicely as the season coninues, and I think they will make the playoffs, but I'm starting to think that they might end up with a worst record than LA, which is contrary to my thoughts before the season started.

And Dallas is a crazy team, they're fun to watch, and they can shoot the lights out. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs as a number one or a number 2 seed, but when it all comes down to it...they won't win the Championship. Sure they can steal a game or two from Minnesota or San Antonio. But in a 7 game series I give them LESS of a chance than I gave the East last year.

(yes I'm aware that the East won, but I still contend that other teams in the West could have succeeded where LA failed in the finals)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:25 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

quote:
Originally posted by koolruningz
What the hells wrong with Denver? They were being picked as a contender this year but they are having a nightmare start. Do you guys think they have a chance if the team gels or are there too many internal problems?
Dallas are looking good even though it still early days, they are scoring like crazy (no change there) but are they finally playing some defense?
Just a couple of questions to keep the thread moving. big grin

Denver has had a lot of injuries with Lenard, Nene and Camby out but there are still playing like crap. Getting Martin I think neither helped them or hurt them as he's the same kind of player like Nene and Camby. Truthfully what I really think is hurting this team is no outside shooting with Lenord out for the season. I think they will improve but not make the playoffs because teams are ready for them this year which the same can be said for Memphis.

Dallas...ehh call me in a month and if they're still playing defense I'll give em props. Truthfully I can never trust Dallas because of Nellie and Dampier.

My Kings are finally starting to look better. Winning in Phoenix was huge especially since everybody including me thought they were going to lose. If they beat the Bulls on Tuesday they'll be back at .500 with 9 of the next 12 games at home so they could start a good winning streak.

It's been painful to watch Webber this season. He's moving better than in the playoffs last year wear he made Shawn Bradley look like Dirk Nowitzki in terms of mobility but he's still only 80% percent on that leg. He's is still busting his ass on the court, but its just sad to see a player a shell of himself because of injuries.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Nov 15th, 2004 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:39 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Yeah i remember reading about K-Mart coming to Denver to be the leader but he never really struck me as much of a leader in NJ. I havent been able to see any Dallas games yet but i think they are showing them later in the month (the NBA coverage in NZ ESPN is appalling). I havent seen a Lakers game yet this season but that might be a good thing. How many games to you guys in the US get on TV a week?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:40 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

a ridiculous amount.

Last season I had the NBA ticket and watched more basketball than I ever want to watch again.

This year I have Tivo, so now I watch anything that's televised. And the best news of all....TNT and ESPN now come in HDTV for me. So now almost everything I watch is in High Definiton...which is THE SH!T

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:43 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
It's been painful to watch Webber this season. He's moving better than in the playoffs last year wear he made Shawn Bradley look like Dirk Nowitzki in terms of mobility but he's still only 80% percent on that leg. He's is still busting his ass on the court, but its just sad to see a player a shell of himself because of injuries.

Ive always liked C-Webb, some players have their chance at greatness only to be cut down by injuries Grant Hill and LJ spring to mind. Hopefully Webber can overcome his injury and get back to being one of the best PFs in the league.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:47 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
a ridiculous amount.

Last season I had the NBA ticket and watched more basketball than I ever want to watch again.

This year I have Tivo, so now I watch anything that's televised. And the best news of all....TNT and ESPN now come in HDTV for me. So now almost everything I watch is in High Definiton...which is THE SH!T

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:52 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

quote:
Originally posted by koolruningz
Ive always liked C-Webb, some players have their chance at greatness only to be cut down by injuries Grant Hill and LJ spring to mind. Hopefully Webber can overcome his injury and get back to being one of the best PFs in the league.

Yeah injuries are one the sucky things is sports. I don't think Webber can every be one of the best power forwards again with his quickness and explosovness pretty much gone but he still be a good one as he still has a good jump shot, and there is not a better passing power forward in the game. If he can put up 18-9-5 I'll be happy.

In terms of games I've seen well the Kings finally signed a deal with Comcast so they can finally show all 84 games. The Kings was only able to show 60 games a season the last couple of years because they signed a shitty broadcast deal when they were a shitty franchise. I've seen a couple of NBA games as I'm trying to lay off sports for a couple of weeks because I watched so much baseball this summer my head was about to explode. I'll really start watching lots of games after the All-Star break when the playoff chases start.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 09:04 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

So far in NZ we have had a grand total of 2 games on ESPN. I got satellite TV so i could watch a decent amount of NBA games, so its not going quite as i planned. I am relying on NBA.com and you guys more than ESPN.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 10:32 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

i just watch the games that are on TV and most of the Sixers games. I missed the last one though. I think they won 96-87 to orlando.

and remember i said this. Kyle Korver will win the 3 point competition this year. I repeat, Kyle Korver will win the the 3 point competition this year. And if he doesn't then he will win the next year. well, he will win one in his career, but i think he is going to win it this year.

Let's Go Sixers!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DanZeke25 on Nov 15th, 2004 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 11:07 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Denver - Problem = Carmelo, not K-Mart. Carmelo is becoming more and more selfish (ie. Kobe). He apparently is tough to coach because he doesn't listen. We first really heard of this in the Olympics. But I hear this year he is breaking apart from plays in the middle of them so "he" can score. Thats all the guy cares about. He is also the cause of K-Mart's lack of production for this same reason. I think Detroit right about now is sighing in relief that they didn't nab him over Darko because Darko, as unproductive as he is, is not a tumor to a team like Carmelo is. Carmelo is good, but not as good as he thinks he is. Put him on a crap team, he will shine and improve them. Surround him by better players, and he'll still take control and lead them to about the same amount of wins as him on a crap team because either way, it will be him doing everything and not allowing others to help improve the team.

Dallas - If they can continue with strong defense, they will thrive because their offense is already set. If they start to slack off, they will look like the Mavericks of the last 4 years.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 11:37 PM