KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » What makes Jack happy? -

What makes Jack happy? -
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

Indulge me for a moment. I'm trying to sound out this all-important line. Its like a riddle. I'm just going to ramble.

Jack must find his place in the new world or perish.

Jack is trying to find his place with the compass, which points at Liz.

Will's fiance must also find her place in the new world or perish. Her compass also points at Jack.

The new world VS. At worlds end. the world as they know it is ending. the lives they once lived are ending.

jack's already has, so to speak.

liz and will's relationship-- the way it was--- is over as well. the trust is gone.

Jack must find his place in the new world or perish. so its a choice, one or the other. he perished. so that choice no longer stands. right?

You and your fiance face the hangman's noose. If Liz was no longer Will's fiance, she would no longer face the hangman's noose. Presumably, nor would he.

Beckett implies that Will must find a place in HIS world. Will must join Beckett or perish.

Jack chose to perish.

Will chose to find a place in Becketts world, by going after Jack's compass for him. This was to save Elizabeth. However, his pre-occupation with his dad overcame his need to save Elizabeth. He fell out of Beckett's world in order to try and save his father. Now Will must perish... unless he and Elizabeth are no longer together?

Finding your place. This involves directions. Can we trust the compass Jack and Liz are using? Note: they are both using the same compass. AKA: they have the same moral compass.

Will WANTS to obtain the compass, but never does. He never uses it. AKA He WANTS to have the same moral compass as Elizabeth, but he doesnt. Instead of taking directions from Will (keep a weather eye on the horizon, guard the chest, etc) She CHOOSES to take directions from Captain Jack Sparrow.

In turn, Jack trusts her to lead him to what he needs- the chest- the heart. He takes directions from her.

They both find their place because of each other. Jack finds his place as hero, Liz finds her place as pirate.

Will is still lost, searching for his place. will it be Son? Lover? Villian? Pirate? Betrayer?

Am i just going around in circles?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:34 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

im dizzy but i think i got it...

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:35 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

It is obvious that there was something missing in jacks life. He thought he had it all but obviously he wanted something more but was to afraid to say or to show it bc it might make him look naive or weak. But not until he realised his true feelings for liz that he noticed that it actually makes him stronger and gives him a purpose to live and to fight and to protect ur loved ones. Liz was the one who showed him that yet liz does not want to show her own feelings. she didnt expect to get that far with her feelings with jack until boom it hit her heart and that freaked her out.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:36 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

in my world, its not so much Jack MISSING something as Jack CHANGING. the single pirate with stuff thing was fine for a period of time in his life, but the world IS changing. He is changing as a person, growing.

IMO Jack doesnt know who he is in 1. He thinks he is much more evil than he actually is. We all see that heart of gold from the minute he risks his all-important freedom to save a random girl who falls off a tower.

So the key is helping Jack see that he is a hero at heart, and its okay!!!! He can be a pirate-hero! This is what Elizabeth is trying to show him.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:43 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

jack didnt choose to perish lol..liz basically made the old part of himself die and the new part is coimg up..ALL cuz of her lol

in the movie she actually MAKES jack change./..makes the old part die..i dont mean physically I mean mentally..

but it also happens physically..as a sort of baptism..to prove that its going to happen..visible proof

but great observations!!

i'll read more 2moz cuz im sweepy night xx

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 11th, 2006 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:44 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

yea im going to bed too i have my classes tomorow uhg. nighties

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:46 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

I agree with you, that he was lonly in part 1. what underlines this is that he said to will when they are in tortuga.

"If every town was like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted! "

For me, it's like he's admitting that he feels unwanted, unloved. Or why else should he say that?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 11:31 AM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taurusbaby0509
Mrs Captain Jack Sparrow

KLP, you brought up some loopholes I hadn't thought of and now I'm really excited to see how the third turns out. Not that I wasn't before but now it's like renewed! Much like LovelyOne said about the baptism. haha baptism of excitement for the movie! hahaha ok, I'm really tired... I might be delirious. </3 8am classes.

Mmmmm... Savvy?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 02:25 PM
taurusbaby0509 is currently offline Click here to Send taurusbaby0509 a Private Message Find more posts by taurusbaby0509 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

The dog was added in to show us what is REALLY going on with jack..because he is SUCH an enigma..they need to add something that basically tells us whats REALLY going on with Jack Sparrow.

Lots of people dont believe me but when you actually look at the dog in both movies..its basically JACK..the way it reacts and behaves is just like Jack..and what we see it do in movie 1 and 2 basically mirrors what Jack does mentaly and physically..in both movies

and everything the dog does suggests that Jack has embraced love and given up his old way of life..and he is now a triumphant king because of that..

You look at the dog in movie 1..he was terrified to take the bone(love)..he wanted it BADLY when it was just one person tempting him but was so afraid that he ran away still clinging onto his keys (old way of life material objects)

a bone is what a dog SHOULD want in life..remember that lol...it fits perfectly..

Liz and Jack..they fit perfectly

the fact that one of the writers rules is "never kill the dog"(movie 1 commentary) which means rogue/trickster of the story makes sense because the dog in the story is JACK..thats why they added him in..why randomly add a dog into a story if it means nothing at all??..jack doesnt die and either does the dog...everything the dog does..Jack mirrors..its right there on screen for all to see..Its basically telling you whats really going on with Jack in both movies..beneath all the swaying on the spot..the riddles...his confusion..his false image..

underneath he is a man who is craving love but is terrified to take it..and this was before movie 2...the dog makes it all too clear..he's basically the thing that shows us what jack is REALLY about underneath the enigma we see on screen. Thats why the dog was added into the movies IMO

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 11th, 2006 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:26 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

^^ yeah
Jack mirrors the dog, as will also mirrors davey.
and liz probably mirrors the chest/key/heart

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 03:36 PM
LovelyOne

YEP smile

someone just said something that makes so much sense..Liz as a character would be completley rejected if she broke Jack's heart by the end of it..she didn't actually break jacks heart in movie 2..she made him want her all the more (although lots of blind people think she did break his heart) which is why her character is getting so much hate at the moment..but if in the long run she leaves with Will..this would leave jack heart broken and people would reject her character..and Will's

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 04:08 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

it will make ppl actualy hate liz character even more-and wills. Ppl will feel sorry for jack and then the ratings will go miseribly down. IMO i think ppl will be happy that Will could accept Lixs change of heart-since jack is actually the main character but that doesnt mean ppl dont hate will(well maybe some who are too obsessed). I even think they're gonna like the characters more. They certainly canot risk a hate against liz and will even though jack is OUR MAIN character, so are liz and will.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 06:47 PM
calypso

In the commentaries to COTBP T/T actually say that characterization is the most important part of a movie...movies come and go, but to remember a movie you remember the characters first...who could forget
CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:08 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hmmm yeah, if Liz and Jack DONT end up together, it HAS to be because Jack no longer wants it to happen that way.

But its a catch 22- what would make Jack change his mind about something he was willing to DIE FOR?~

If Jack still wants Liz, then thats it, he HAS to get her or everyone will hate Liz and Will. its as simple as that.

except its not simple cause we still dont know!!!!!
ARHGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:10 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Jack is not the type of person to risk his life

To risk his life for a woman, to face the kraken...now theres something u dont see from jack sparrow, so ppl are all like "is that really CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow..?"

if he wants something so bad he will do anything. But he would only do anything for treassure and of course his ship.

Every one knows taht jacks love is, well actually was, his ship and treassureso he would do anything but that was before he had feelings for elizabeth.

It would be rather silly if jack says "nah lizzie it was just a thing u know. be with will im just gonna go into me pearl and be who i used to be with women and rum"..............wtf..................
^^ I doubt mr sparrow would risk EVERYTHING including his beloved pearl just to say "no Liz"..nu uh

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:20 PM
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
totally

Bwa Ha Ha, please try not to spam like that. Many of your post in this thread have been like this. Try to give your opinion, adding something to the discussion. Thanks.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 01:50 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

lol OOOHHHHH!!!!! DISSED!!!!!!!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 03:09 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I know this is really offtopic..but does anyone else notice how Jack's mustache is actualy kinda coming off his face after that kiss?? laughing out loud sorry I find that hilarious..one passionalte kiss!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 03:14 AM
-savvychick-

it is??? i never noticed that before laughing out loud lol

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 03:16 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

woah definately did not notice that!!!!!

but their mouths were all over the place. wink

ever watch where their hands go??

and people try to say she was just doing it for will, PLEASE people, watch the bodies. you cant fake body language.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 03:18 AM