KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Top Ten Most Powerful

Top Ten Most Powerful
Started by: Blax XXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willRules
Hermione is a half-blood but she is one of the best in that year, better than most pure-bloods. She is JK Rowling's way of saying where you come from doesn't matter yes

Neg.

Hermione is Muggle-Born. She is the best in her year, and will be the best student in the school in book 7. She is based off Rowling, or so I've heard.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:26 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

the person didnt say she was muggle born, they said she was a muggle. I was just saying that person probably hasnt because they said she was a muggle, when clearly shes not.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:49 PM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Originally posted by Arctic
the person didnt say she was muggle born, they said she was a muggle. I was just saying that person probably hasnt because they said she was a muggle, when clearly shes not.

yes hermone has said that she is a muggleborn many tmes

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:56 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

oops yeah I meant Muggle born, hence Draco always calling her Mudblood, my mistake embarrasment

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:24 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

oops yeah I meant Muggle born, hence Draco always calling her Mudblood, my mistake embarrasment

every1 makes mstakes[ especally me ]so dont worry

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:33 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Hermione is a half-blood but she is one of the best in that year, better than most pure-bloods. She is JK Rowling's way of saying where you come from doesn't matter yes

Hermoine isn't a half-blood. She's a Muggleborn. Her parents are Muggle -born dentists.

That's why Malfoy calls her a "Mudblood". She's a Muggle....

That's like one of her main, thematical character traits....

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 08:40 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Best is speculative. She's the "best" because she obsessively studies magic night and day in order to make up for being a Muggleborn.

However that can only take you so far. Her magical potential as a muggle is limited in comparision to pureblood or a half-blood.

It's like a man with reading dyslexia versus a man who's a linguistics prodigy.

If the man with dyslexia obsessively trains to learn all languages and the man who can naturally learn languages as a prodigy does some studying, tha man with dyslexia will likely come out on top....until the linguistics prodigy starts to study more and beats the dyslexic person by a mile.

If Ron, Malfoy or any other of the students worked half as hard as Hermoine did in her studies, they would outclass her.

Hermoine is the "best" in her class because she tests well and she memorizes spells as best she can.

However when it comes to an all-out wizarding duel against, I would choose Ron or Harry over Hermoine. Even though Hermoine knows more spells than they do, they have far, far more magical reserves and power in their body than Hermoine.

Knowledge can only take you so far.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 08:48 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Arctic
HERMIONE-IS-NOT-A-MUGGLE! Seriously, if I see someone else say shes a muggle I'm going to explode and go insane. And no, she does not have trouble with upper level charms. Shes the one who gets the spells right the first time. Read the books again and then we'll talk.

Actually she DOES have trouble with the spells and keeping them active in the late books. Hovering charms are easy and even for someone with low magical reserves like Hermoine, she can master it.

However when it comes to complex spells that require ALOT of magical power, she has alot trouble doing it. She simply doesn't have the magical ability to do so.

Magic isn't just knowledge and memorization. It's the wizard's natural magical power that resides within them. That's why they wield wands. To control and focus the power that they have in them.

For references, this is is the top ten most POWERful wizards in the Harry Potter. Not who can memorize everything. Or who knows more spells. It's power. Magical power. Magical reserves. All these determine who is more POWERful than the other.

Hermoine isn't nearly as powerful as Harry or Ron or Albus Dumbledore. But she makes up for it due to her intelligence.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 08:52 PM
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

i dont think this thread has much of a point, for the sole reason that we only know a small part of the wizarding world

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 02:55 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Seem like if the any of the rest of the wizarding world was so powerful, we'd of heard of them.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 03:38 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Draco69
Hermoine isn't a half-blood. She's a Muggleborn. Her parents are Muggle -born dentists.

Best is speculative. She's the "best" because she obsessively studies magic night and day in order to make up for being a Muggleborn.

However that can only take you so far. Her magical potential as a muggle is limited in comparision to pureblood or a half-blood.

It's like a man with reading dyslexia versus a man who's a linguistics prodigy.

If the man with dyslexia obsessively trains to learn all languages and the man who can naturally learn languages as a prodigy does some studying, tha man with dyslexia will likely come out on top....until the linguistics prodigy starts to study more and beats the dyslexic person by a mile.

If Ron, Malfoy or any other of the students worked half as hard as Hermoine did in her studies, they would outclass her.

Hermoine is the "best" in her class because she tests well and she memorizes spells as best she can.

However when it comes to an all-out wizarding duel against, I would choose Ron or Harry over Hermoine. Even though Hermoine knows more spells than they do, they have far, far more magical reserves and power in their body than Hermoine.

Knowledge can only take you so far.

I disagree with your opinion smile I don't think that if Ron or Malfoy practised as much they would necessarily be better than Hermione, I think that is the point of hermione as a character, it's to show that it doesn't matter where you were born, you can still have more potential than Malfoy or other racist characters yes

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:42 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

My top ten.

1. Voldemort- Of course I believe he would be at the top.
2. Dumbledore- DD surely deserves this spot.
3. Gryffindor- He did help start the school and was obviously powerful. (My reason on how he was obviously powerful isn't coming to mind but I know he was stronger than Slytherin.
4. Slytherin -He did help start the school and was obviously powerful since he did have an heir such as Voldemort.
5. Merlin- I don't know much about Merlin but yes, he deserves this spot, if not ahead of Gryffindor and Slytherin.
6. Ravenclaw- She did help start the school, though most likely not as powerful as Slytherin or Gryffindor
7. Hufflepuff- S/he (I don't remember what gender Hufflepuff is) help start the school, though most likely not as powerful as Slytherin or Gryffindor.
8. Grindelwald- Don't even remember him but from what I've read he was a dark lord.
9. Snape- He's the Half Blood Prince. Enough said.
10. Minerva- Now Headmistress at Hogwarts and one hell of a teacher.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 02:27 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I disagree with your opinion smile I don't think that if Ron or Malfoy practised as much they would necessarily be better than Hermione, I think that is the point of hermione as a character, it's to show that it doesn't matter where you were born, you can still have more potential than Malfoy or other racist characters yes

Magic isn't physical like basketball or baseball or academic like science or history.

Magic is one part intelligence (what you know), one part willpower and one very large part of magical energy that resides within them.

Hermoine can practice or learn as much as she wants, but when it comes to using a spell that requires alot of magical energy that she as a Muggle born simply doesn't possess, than she can't cast it.

If Hermoine only has 100 MP of magic in comparision to Ron or Malfoy who has 500 MP of magic which they as purebloods possess, than they can cast a spell that costs 300 MP while Hermoine simply can't. She may know HOW to cast the spell and she knows everything about the spell, but she can't cast it simply because she doesn't have the power to.....

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:32 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by The Phantom
My top ten.

1. Voldemort- Of course I believe he would be at the top.
2. Dumbledore- DD surely deserves this spot.
3. Gryffindor- He did help start the school and was obviously powerful. (My reason on how he was obviously powerful isn't coming to mind but I know he was stronger than Slytherin.
4. Slytherin -He did help start the school and was obviously powerful since he did have an heir such as Voldemort.
5. Merlin- I don't know much about Merlin but yes, he deserves this spot, if not ahead of Gryffindor and Slytherin.
6. Ravenclaw- She did help start the school, though most likely not as powerful as Slytherin or Gryffindor
7. Hufflepuff- S/he (I don't remember what gender Hufflepuff is) help start the school, though most likely not as powerful as Slytherin or Gryffindor.
8. Grindelwald- Don't even remember him but from what I've read he was a dark lord.
9. Snape- He's the Half Blood Prince. Enough said.
10. Minerva- Now Headmistress at Hogwarts and one hell of a teacher.

Your list has the correct names that others failed to mention but not necessarily the right order. I'm glad someone finally remembered the people who founded the school...

Merlin is definitely number one. The wizards use terminology like "Great MERLIN" or "Dear MERLIN" as if he were a diety. So...

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:34 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Your list has the correct names that others failed to mention but not necessarily the right order. I'm glad someone finally remembered the people who founded the school...

Merlin is definitely number one. The wizards use terminology like "Great MERLIN" or "Dear MERLIN" as if he were a diety. So...
Whatever. I just listed those who were worthy of top ten. Put them in any order.

And yes, I was upset that no one thought of the school creators.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:54 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Magic isn't physical like basketball or baseball or academic like science or history.

Magic is one part intelligence (what you know), one part willpower and one very large part of magical energy that resides within them.

Hermoine can practice or learn as much as she wants, but when it comes to using a spell that requires alot of magical energy that she as a Muggle born simply doesn't possess, than she can't cast it.

If Hermoine only has 100 MP of magic in comparision to Ron or Malfoy who has 500 MP of magic which they as purebloods possess, than they can cast a spell that costs 300 MP while Hermoine simply can't. She may know HOW to cast the spell and she knows everything about the spell, but she can't cast it simply because she doesn't have the power to.....

I still disagree with that opinion, but to each his own I guess smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:29 PM
Stupid Rookie

She is a muggle. I am not saying I agree with anything else said, but she is a muggle. Remember when her parents had to exchange all their money at Gringots because the didn't even know what type of money to use? Malfoy Sr. also point them out in the bookshop in the movie (not cannon but still, Mr. W was excited to meet them)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 09:07 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

You could be a mudblood with one magical parent couldn't you? I thought that was why Hagrid says it is hogwash. Because everyone's blook has been diluted so much.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 09:09 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
She is a muggle. I am not saying I agree with anything else said, but she is a muggle. Remember when her parents had to exchange all their money at Gringots because the didn't even know what type of money to use? Malfoy Sr. also point them out in the bookshop in the movie (not cannon but still, Mr. W was excited to meet them)

mad

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 09:49 PM
Syren
dreaming

No, she's Muggle-born. She's not a Muggle.

She's a witch who was born of Muggle parentage.

Argus Filch was born of magical parentage but he's not a wizard. He's known by the derogatory term of 'Squib', just as Hemione is known as 'Mudblood'. Just because Filch was born of a witch and wizard doesn't make him a wizard, as he cannot perform magic. Hermione has Muggle parents but she's most definitely a witch, and very talented at that.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 05:38 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote