KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Top Ten Most Powerful

Top Ten Most Powerful
Started by: Blax XXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dresta

Anyway i'm not going to list any of the old wizards like the founders etc. cause we really don't know anything about them.
1. Voldemort - Dumbledore knows he can't defeat him
2. Dumbledore - He took out 4 powerful wizards in about a second
3. James Potter/Sirius - probobly equals
4. Snape
5. Bellatrix - got lucky with sirius, but probobly the most powerful death eater.
6. Moody - Legendary Auror
7. Dumbledore's Brother - If he's related to dumbledore he must be powerful.
8. McGonagal - old but still very powerful.
After these, the rest of the death eaters, Auros/Order members are of about the same ability. Harry has the potentila to be as powerful as Voldemort but has not nearly reached it yet. This is shown by the way Snape is able to toy with him.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 11:54 AM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

That doesn't make sense, after everything Rowling has referenced with regard to blood not making a difference, you can't say Dumbledore's brother must be powerful just because they're related. I'm not saying he isn't, but blood is NOT a guarantee.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 01:35 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren

That doesn't make sense, after everything Rowling has referenced with regard to blood not making a difference, you can't say Dumbledore's brother must be powerful just because they're related. I'm not saying he isn't, but blood is NOT a guarantee.

ye blood isn't a guarantee, but he is a member of the order which is further proof. I also think he may feature in the last book, as there would be no other reason to introduce him into the story.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 01:57 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

True, but as you said, 'if he's related to Dumbledore he must be powerful', that was what I was arguing against smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:09 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

True, but as you said, 'if he's related to Dumbledore he must be powerful', that was what I was arguing against smile

can i say i phrased it wrong. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 02:35 PM
Syren
dreaming

Of course, I could also say I read you wrong stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 05:17 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Who must not be name!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 02:48 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

He Who Must Not Be Named.

You-Know-Who.

stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:21 PM
King Kandy

People keep naming Grindelwald, who is dead. If dead people are aloud, then I think the four founders should be moderatly high on the list.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:07 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by King Kandy
People keep naming Grindelwald, who is dead. If dead people are aloud, then I think the four founders should be moderatly high on the list.
Thus, my list.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:34 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Barker
Seem like if the any of the rest of the wizarding world was so powerful, we'd of heard of them.

Why would we? Even such horrible threats as Voldemort are fairly localized to Europe.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:39 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

No, she's Muggle-born. She's not a Muggle.

She's a witch who was born of Muggle parentage.

Argus Filch was born of magical parentage but he's not a wizard. He's known by the derogatory term of 'Squib', just as Hemione is known as 'Mudblood'. Just because Filch was born of a witch and wizard doesn't make him a wizard, as he cannot perform magic. Hermione has Muggle parents but she's most definitely a witch, and very talented at that.

I'd like to point out that there are many fewer Squibs then Muggle-borns, purely because the more wizards you have in your family, the more likely you are to have the "Magic gene".

Once you have the "Magic gene", it's and equal playing feild. all your other natural talents kick in, and you have a certain natural ability with magic.

The only thing that having muggle parents does islowers your propencity to have the "Magic gene".

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:44 PM
Sunlight_shines
..bored..

wats magc gene

Love me or Hate me..

..its still an Obsession!!
Thanks Melane for the siggle!!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:58 PM
Sunlight_shines is currently offline Click here to Send Sunlight_shines a Private Message Find more posts by Sunlight_shines Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

???

Would you mind trying to spell a tad better?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 09:21 PM
Dresta

Half-Blood's have the highest potential actually.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:09 PM
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by King Kandy
I'd like to point out that there are many fewer Squibs then Muggle-borns, purely because the more wizards you have in your family, the more likely you are to have the "Magic gene".

Once you have the "Magic gene", it's and equal playing feild. all your other natural talents kick in, and you have a certain natural ability with magic.

The only thing that having muggle parents does islowers your propencity to have the "Magic gene".

'Magic gene'. Never was there a mention of this in the books.

My point was that Hermione is a witch. She's not a Muggle. She's not simply a Muggle who has a grasp on magic because she's intelligent. She's a witch. Why is there even an argument over this?

The fact that the girl can perform magic (in her case, bloody brilliantly) makes her a witch.

My comparison was simply to show that Filch's genes were filled with the potential for magic and yet he cannot perform even the simplest of spells. So he's more of a Muggle than Hermione will ever be.

Anyone not getting this? stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:50 PM
Sunlight_shines
..bored..

i think theres a chamber of gryffindor too since slytheren does .wat do u think?

Love me or Hate me..

..its still an Obsession!!
Thanks Melane for the siggle!!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 10:05 PM
Sunlight_shines is currently offline Click here to Send Sunlight_shines a Private Message Find more posts by Sunlight_shines Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by ashle
i think theres a chamber of gryffindor too since slytheren does .wat do u think?
Off topic much?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 10:41 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by ashle

Irrelevant now, even if it were on topic. The Chamber storyline's done and dusted.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:40 PM
King Kandy

How could you possibly say there is no magic gene? It's quite clear that the only ones who can do magic are those with the genetic propensity to do so.

And by what means are Half bloods the most powerful? Voldemort was one, and he was certainly powerful... But what else would lead you to this conclusion?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 05:11 AM