KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Did those KTTC People even see the same Movie

Did those KTTC People even see the same Movie
Started by: lovethemtigers

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

they are totally seeing him as a threat! the Will/Liz lovers..they see Jack as a threat because he IS the main character..and the main character's elixir appears to be Elizabeth laughing out loud..honestly I seriously believe that its her..everything points to it..I didn't see him "celebrate"(Jack's smirk/confidence) over gaining anything else after his supreme ordeal do you? He even went though:"Apotheosis" which comes with step 9 and actually means "rise to the rank of a god"..and what did we see during his supreme ordeal? That godlike shot..he even has a halo of light as if he is an angel sent down to protect her.

when did they add Jack onto the ride? laughing out loud

Liz/Will's stories are not all that important. Will's isn't..his has become a sub story really..although because Liz is now Jack's elixir he's going to become Jack's enemy..and who ever becomes jack's enemy people will dislike..and guess what.. Liz's elixir is obviously Jack because she got to stage 5 and accepted him as her elixir...and when she reaches stage 10?.whats going to be her consequence for gaining Jack?? Jack's enemies become her enemies..don't they?

"10) The Road Back. The hero must deal with the consequences of all that he/she has done in order to gain the reward. Often, the villain pursues the hero."

its all pointing towards Jack/Liz being the most preferred couple here..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 03:32 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 03:25 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

as much as we all hate film critics, they do have some say in which movies make it and which dont.

both movies, they have torn up Orlando's performance as wooden, boring, blah, and completely meaningless and 1 dimensional.

they have consistently praised Johnny to the sky for his creation of Jack Sparrow, and point out (truthfully) they the movie would not have been a success with out him.

the critics seem keen on Jack and Liz... if only because they seem to hate Orlando so much, and they advocate the chemistry and comic genius operated between Keira and Johnny. The critics were A LOT nicer to Keira in movie 2--- they said she had gone from being just "a pretty face" to "an adventurous heroine we can actually cheer for"...

they say no such things about Will. wink

point being, critics are not all important, but their opinions are generally taken into consideration (considering they have the power to really sell films to audience goers) and so if they take the critics into account, they will give Jack the girl.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 03:27 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOL so true ha!

BUT they could make his character interesting for once where he's not just all "Elizabeth i must save HA(the way orlie says it) Elizabeth waa!"

they have GIVEN him a new character arc..something darker and more interesting..

and Liz is now only interesting because of JACK..I was kinda sick with the whole "all I want is to find Will" the first time I watched it.. which i think was the intent..Its the fake thing all the characters appear to be typicaly after at the beginning of the movie..when thats NEVER how it happens..they never start off in the "special world"..they srat off in the "ordinary world"..Jack wasnt actually after the pearl in movie 1 at first..he wanted the interceptor

and just watch what happens if they pair Will with Jack..the critics will be like WTF? along with the majority of the audience...the audience dont like being given something HOT and then it ends with boring old puppy love.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 03:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah i think everyone, even us, would be shocked if they did end it liz/jack... and shocked like in a dilerious, too good to be true, hottest thing ever, but totally unexpected and mildly disturbing way. ya know? lol. the whole world would drop what they were doing and rush to see it. the critics would go nuts--- they would call it disney's greatest triumph and the most creative, unexpected but perfect thing ever. the movies would be legendary. all the liz/will fans would realize the joy they've been missing by trying to take jack out of the picture. i would declare a national holiday and dress like a pirate for two weeks.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 05:42 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah i think everyone, even us, would be shocked if they did end it liz/jack... and shocked like in a dilerious, too good to be true, hottest thing ever, but totally unexpected and mildly disturbing way. ya know? lol. the whole world would drop what they were doing and rush to see it. the critics would go nuts--- they would call it disney's greatest triumph and the most creative, unexpected but perfect thing ever. the movies would be legendary. all the liz/will fans would realize the joy they've been missing by trying to take jack out of the picture. i would declare a national holiday and dress like a pirate for two weeks.

laughing I love this Kate...so true...and it's it so True...the critics tore up poor old Orlando's performances as Will in movie 2..and wondered what his purpose was to the movie..and that Keira was like a breath of fresh air...and the interactions between Keira and Johnny were light, comical and a real joy to watch..soo.....maybe Disney will get the hint. wink

and yes..it would be delirious joy at the end of AWE...when Jack and Liz get together....I'll be like "Will who?" LOVE IT and yes, perhaps I will dress like a Pirate too.... smokin'

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 06:27 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

{when did they add Jack onto the ride? }- by LovelyOne....

this past summer...have you not seen that clip...here it is....it's so cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9_K4iiCo0w

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 06:33 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

If only we all lived in the same place we could go see the movie together and leave yelling if it ended will/liz and cheering if it ended Jack/Liz..it would be the greatest memorable way to end PotC..honestly..when movie 1 ended..It was good..but I have to admit..I kinda forgot about it because Jack didn't end on anything spectacular

movie 2?? MY god I loved the Jack/Liz middle and ending..it just sticks in your mind..movie 1 didn't create THIS kind of Buzz people weren't obsessing over the ending of movie 1 (they totally would have if they left in the fact that LIZ taught him THAT song..and the peas in a pod scene)..movie 1 was a pleasant surprise as a movie..it was good but it didn't cause this level of obsession like Harry potter got or the first star wars got.. with this movie people wouldn't have been obsessing over it like they are had that kiss not happened I assure you...I only started to become interested in it when Liz stepped into Jack's life all of a sudden..I was getting quite bored of staring at Will with Jack cuz its 2 men..I want to see romance with the man character..and its mostly women who love this movie lol..I'm not kidding..the men like it now because all of a sudden there is SEX APPEAL with the Jack/Liz relationship..it was so sexually charged

if they want to end on a buzz, end it Will/Liz..just look at the fan base and praise its getting...you cant keep Jack a 1 dimensional character all the time..it was ok in movie 1 but it gets boring..and they feared that apparently when writing movie 2 and 3..I read t ina critics review.

and thanks for the link BTW

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 07:10 PM
calypso

Disney announced this week that AWE will be released worldwide on the same day because of the BIG twist ending. If Jack/Liz wind up together is that a BIG twist ending or you tell me.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:23 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

hmm it may not be sad cuz lots of people think Jack is going to end up with her I think..but then again no we dont..even all of us with our theories are not all that confident that they will

I think the twist is going to be something Jack chooses to do for Elizabeth...it will show you how much this man can love a woman IMO

Also will is TOTALLY going to hurt Liz BIG time in my opinion..possibly even stab her and murder her

Every time I say that NO one believes it can happen..well that would be one mother of a twist..and the way things are pointing..Will's destiny is not a heroic one..something is going to vex(anger) him over Elizabeth that even his DESTINY has something to do with it!!..How gloomy and scary was the music a Tia said that to him? It sends goosebumps down my spine when she says it and that gloomy/sinister music happens

all you have to do is look at where the 12 steps of a hero are affecting each character..Will is going to become Jack's enemy iand Liz's enemy/consequence when they both gain their elixir (EACHOTHER)..Jack has already gained his!! and Will saw it..and he is going to be Jack's enemy in movie 3..and by the end of it when Liz gains her elixir (Jack)..he's going to become hers IMO

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:24 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

now, pay no attention to this nonsense...but.....what if Jack were Evil? IMO I think that'd be a BIG twist...i mean..who'd see that coming...?

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:26 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

True....but we want to love JACK!....not hate him for turning on everyone! Like I get a feeling is going to happen with Will if the rumors are true of him teaming up with Davy to go against Jack in the 3rd installment! I wonder how Liz will cope with Will teaming up against Jack? How will she like that?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:44 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sailorleo
now, pay no attention to this nonsense...but.....what if Jack were Evil? IMO I think that'd be a BIG twist...i mean..who'd see that coming...?

doubt it..lol as if they would do that to the character everyone loves and basicaly only pays to see get what he wants..laughing out loud

it would be the biggest twist for Will..because everyone cant actually imagine him doing anything bad..he's always SO noble!!..people find it easy to imagine Jack bing bad and doing something on selfish impulse like that..but Will?? "never has" and IMO the beach scene where they all talk about the heart (which IMO resembles Liz) says it ALL!

The most noble man out of all of them is JACK in that scene..no one seems to notice how Will doesnt actually CARE how many people could die if the kraken remains on the loose once he stabs the heart..he's turning into a selfish b*stard who only wants to save his father and could give a crap about anyone elses lives but his own and his fathers..wow what a great man

HINT FRIGGING HINT laughing out loud

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:12 PM
LovelyOne

we've already seen Jack at his weakest and most dishonorable moment "where he flees and pretty much through out most of movie 2" in the story(and redeems) ..we've seen Liz's(and she will probably redeem) Now its Will's turn to show his weakest and most dishonorable moment on screen..and its been saved till the end for a reason..its going to be the most climactic one in the story it seems.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:29 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ya it's been saved to the end because now he has motive to be dishonorable....HE'S GOING TO TEAM UP WITH A VILLIAN TO DO SOMETHING TO JACK....if he does i'll kill him!!! I dont know who said this in another THREAD but there is something SHADY about Will... "It's the Honest ones u can't TRUST"(or something like that)- JACK

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:39 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

wow, Jack+evil= equals even more ssexxi!!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:01 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

jack is really in neither good side nor bad IMO. hes just jack but a good pirate smile

i think the big twist will be since everybody is like "well its disney it has to be will/liz" then BOOM jack.liz ha!! one of the biggenst twists would probably be jack sacrifing something to save liz, like immortality his pearl something that u know is jack..and he'll sacrifice it for elizabeth.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:08 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mythe

I may still have some doubts about the ending (though I don' t want them->IT MUST BE J&E!) but I don' t think they can shove THE BIG KISS
aside like nothing happened. "Once you tasted it, there is no going back."

And even if you don' t listen to al these rumors (I mean of Disney), if you think logically: the third installment is the continuation of the second
and the climax has clearly been set up!!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:18 PM
mythe is currently offline Click here to Send mythe a Private Message Find more posts by mythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mythe

(Don' t pay attention to my faults!...I would better express myself
in French)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:19 PM
mythe is currently offline Click here to Send mythe a Private Message Find more posts by mythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

ooo! u speak french?? ok, tell me what Johnny is saying here cuz that frealin french guy is talking over Johnny! plzzee!! if u don wanna, i understand, but i really wanna no! just give me the gist of it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUt4QBMgpHo

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:26 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mythe

ELIZABETH CANNOT CHANGE INTO THE 'GIRLIE' SHE WAS AND I DOUBT WILL COULD FORGIVE HER THAT EASILY... AND I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE KISS HERE... WHAT WHEN HE WILL KNOW SHE
"SENTENCED" JACK TO DEATH?

AND BY THE WAY WILL WAS LOOKING AFTER HER BETRAYAL I GUESS
IT WILL JUST GO WORSER WITH HIM.

I must though admit I was surprised when at the end of the 2, he was willing to help Elisabeth find Jack??? Or was it selfish?? So he could get
the Black Pearl to go rescue his father?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:27 PM