KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Invisible Woman Respect Thread

Invisible Woman Respect Thread
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Here is Sue's best feat BY FAR imo....

Sue concentrated her power at the Celestial Exitar's armor, and was able to break through it and get inside of him..... This is unheard of!:
(please log in to view the image)

Sue then went on to litterally destroy Exitar from the inside out:

Of course the rest of the Celestials would just be able to manifest another Exitar.

But the fact still remains that the friggin Invisible Woman was able to take a Celestial down!

Respect Sue!

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 08:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Here is Sue's best feat BY FAR imo....

Sue concentrated her power at the Celestial Exitar's armor, and was able to break through it and get inside of him..... This is unheard of!:

Respect Sue!

This is indeed impressive. However, I would like to make a respectful observation.

Nathan says, of Sue's invisible force energy, that he thinks it comes from the same hyperspace as the Celestials; it's the key point he's making. He speaks of "the proper harmonic chord" by which to compromise the Celestial's armor, again suggesting a particular resonance between the armor and her force energy solely because they hail from the same domain.

Seems like Sue didn't so much overpower the Celestial, it was more like she was its Kryptonite.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 08:57 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mindship
This is indeed impressive. However, I would like to make a respectful observation.

Nathan says, of Sue's invisible force energy, that he thinks it comes from the same hyperspace as the Celestials; it's the key point he's making. He speaks of "the proper harmonic chord" by which to compromise the Celestial's armor, again suggesting a particular resonance between the armor and her force energy solely because they hail from the same domain.

Seems like Sue didn't so much overpower the Celestial, it was more like she was its Kryptonite.
I never said she "overpowered a celestial".

I said she breached it's armor..... A gargantuan feat any way to choose to look at it. erm

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2007 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 08:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I said she breached it's armor..... A VERY impressive feat any way to choose to look at it. erm

I know, you didn't. And again it is an impressive feat. But my sense is that Sue didn't "brick" the Celestial down. She was its unique weakness (ie, her force energy).

I mention this only because I've read about this feat in other threads but never saw the actual panels until now. Til now, my impression had been that Sue's power had been upgraded to, well, seemingly cosmic levels (which, I dunno, sort of seemed out of character for her, IMHO).

In any event, now I think I have a clearer idea of how she did it...and it actually makes more sense.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 09:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I said she breached it's armor..... A gargantuan feat any way to choose to look at it. erm

And she isn't he first to have pierced the armor but I believe she is the only one to have actually "killed" a celestial except for Thanos w/HOTU so quiet impressive.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 09:12 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

very impressive . . . nice scans i have heard about it but never actually seen the scans till now

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 04:18 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

This isn't the place for this, so I apologize.

But honestly, that's no more impressive than a toddler hurting Superman with Kryptonite. Sue just so happened to control the celestial's EXACT weakness....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 09:09 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:45 AM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Mindship
I know, you didn't. And again it is an impressive feat. But my sense is that Sue didn't "brick" the Celestial down. She was its unique weakness (ie, her force energy).

I mention this only because I've read about this feat in other threads but never saw the actual panels until now. Til now, my impression had been that Sue's power had been upgraded to, well, seemingly cosmic levels (which, I dunno, sort of seemed out of character for her, IMHO).

In any event, now I think I have a clearer idea of how she did it...and it actually makes more sense.

Sorry for sidetracking, but if the Celestials are weak to energy from hyperspace, does that mean Hyperstorm could easily beat them? Or Galactus, since he devoured Hyperspace?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:54 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by invisiblewoman

What issue/storyline is that? I love the art, it's same as JLA: the Nail isn't it?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:40 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by willRules
What issue/storyline is that? I love the art, it's same as JLA: the Nail isn't it?

Its Fantastic Four: The End

One of the best FF mini-series i've ever read

I HIGHLY recommended picking it up

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:22 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I love the art, it's same as JLA: the Nail isn't it?

Yeah, looks like Davis and Farmer. Good stuff.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:35 PM
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

It's already been answered, but those scans are from "Fantastic Four: The End, #5-#6"..

It was a VERY good 6 issue series.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 05:42 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

sounds cool yes

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:56 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

Whoever made this thread thank you so much Sue Richards is my favortie marvel character and she doesn't get enough respect so thank you so much.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 05:34 AM
Ra˙ne is currently offline Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wish I had a scanner, I could upload the comic where Sue saves the day, by creating small bubbles around this liquid Diablo made them swallow smile

Great job on the thread

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 11th, 2007 06:41 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Reed shows Franklin events that occured using his Holo Machine Simulation thing
shifty

Last edited by ExodusCloak on May 28th, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 11:38 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

Have you noticed her nose doesn't bleed as much as it did earlier in the series.

Old Post May 28th, 2007 04:05 PM
Ra˙ne is currently offline Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steve2275

maybe she bleeds invisibly LOL

Last edited by steve2275 on Jun 24th, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 12:04 PM
steve2275 is currently offline Click here to Send steve2275 a Private Message Find more posts by steve2275 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 01:29 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote