KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Wars

Halo Wars
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Halo Wars

A Halo RTS game is to be released for the Xbox 360 and the PC based on the Bungie's hit game series Halo: Combat Evolved...who didn't see this coming?

At first the thoughts of a Halo RTS game made it seem like Microsoft is trying to milk Halo for all its worth but than I say the trailer and it looks pretty good. I have to say it alone makes me want to get Halo Wars. No release date has been given as far as I know.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:17 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Watched the trailer at the main site, looks awesome, hope it works well on 360

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:19 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I'm a little skeptical of a Halo strategy game....

But I remain optimistic about it.

As long as it doesn't become a dynasty warriors crap or something...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:19 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm going back to its roots, you know Halo was orgininally a RTS game made for the PC but was transported to Xbox as a FPS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:24 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

As long as they don't copy another RTS game point for point just with Halo characters it should be good.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 08:34 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Interesting notion, not that surprising really. We'll see how it's executed.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 09:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

should be pretty cool though, i love RTS, should be nice playin with covenants and Chief, however its going to have a massively hard time to come near to the quality and sales of C&C 3 and Supreme commander, which are prob the big daddies of strategy gaming on their way

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 09:15 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
should be pretty cool though, i love RTS, should be nice playin with covenants and Chief, however its going to have a massively hard time to come near to the quality and sales of C&C 3 and Supreme commander, which are prob the big daddies of strategy gaming on their way

Nah, Halo Wars won't have that hard of a time. You forget about those hardcore Halo fans that will get it in a heart beat.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 09:43 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Is their going to be alot of depth in terms of types of soldiers you can produce?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

I could've reported this first I just thought they were kidding when I googled it

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 01:21 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by Draco69
I'm a little skeptical of a Halo strategy game....

But I remain optimistic about it.

As long as it doesn't become a dynasty warriors crap or something...

Dont quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that the people behind Ages Of Empire will be making Halo Wars. If thats true then this game will be worth getting.

NOTE: I was right

http://www.ensemblestudios.com/

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Last edited by LinixCobra on Sep 30th, 2006 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:21 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh man that sucks, not on PC roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:33 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Read the first post, it says that it IS on PC...

Unless there's new news or something.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:03 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Halo Wars is for the Xbox 360 exclusively."

thats a quote from the ensemble site itself on the FAQ, ime not into Consoles, especially Xbox 360 where its game cost a fortune so ime not gettin this one

RTS are all better on pc

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:40 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Read the first post, it says that it IS on PC...

Unless there's new news or something.

Just for 360. That was my error.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 09:14 PM
doan_m

Re: Halo Wars

Originally posted by ESB -1138
but than I say the trailer and it looks pretty good. I have to say it alone makes me want to get Halo Wars. No release date has been given as far as I know.

A CGI cinematic does not truly reflect how the game will truly look like. Look at World in Conflict. They released a hell of a kick ass CGI trailer but the actual game looked nothing like the initial declaration trailer they released. I belive that the same could be said about the C&C3 trailer.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 09:45 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Re: Halo Wars

Originally posted by doan_m
A CGI cinematic does not truly reflect how the game will truly look like. Look at World in Conflict. They released a hell of a kick ass CGI trailer but the actual game looked nothing like the initial declaration trailer they released. I belive that the same could be said about the C&C3 trailer.

Yes but the people making Halo Wars also made Ages of Empire. I'm pretty sure they can make it a great RTS game...that is unless they do a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and just replace everything with Halo stuff.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 10:01 PM
doan_m

Re: Re: Re: Halo Wars

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Yes but the people making Halo Wars also made Ages of Empire. I'm pretty sure they can make it a great RTS game...that is unless they do a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and just replace everything with Halo stuff.

The fact that its being made the AoE team is actually what concerns me a bit. They have had thier wonderful successes with Age of Empires II no doubt (which is my personal favourite), but when AoE III came out I was so horribly dissapointed. Hopefully they can pull off a large dose of innovation in this game as I see that as a vital saving grace for the team.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 10:35 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

1. I'm a Halo fan. I'll get this in a heartbeat whether it sucks or not.

2. The CGI movie does not = the game, but it does set a nice mood--did anyone else drool when they saw the Elite? I mean I slay thousands upon thousands of Elites...diss them for their disadvantages in multiplayer...and yet I see them in the trailer and all of a sudden I wish I wasn't that poor UNSC marine.

3. Supposed 360 exclusive ya.

4. AOE team working on it is a plus, but does not equal success; however chances are good. Which leads us to the best thing...

5. Since it's another company handling the game that leaves Bungie to work on Halo 3 without worries. Yay.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:23 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Bump eek!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 11:32 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote