KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Hitomi vs Makoto

Hitomi vs Makoto
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
What valid points, even though I like doa better. Tekken far exceeds anything doa has ever come up with excluding 3.1.

Tekken > DOA. No way around that. It also has the better characters except Ryu...because Ryu is...well Ryu.

But Itagaki criticized Tekken's side games like Tekken Bawling & Ball. It was an old interview but he wondered why they bothered with that instead of focusing on the Tekken gameplay and the many clones in the world of Tekken--he obviously said this before Tekken 4 came out and put every clone out of the roster. Then he suggested they focus on bringing more original characters instead of recycling movesets & leave all the sidegames for another team/game to deal with it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 13th, 2006 at 01:57 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 01:50 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by StyleTime
I was referring moreso to how he has a hardon for the ninjas and leaves all the other characters to rot just because he doesn't like them as much.

yes Agreed.

Yeah, but then again you can say the same about the Mishimas & Shotokans etc. Unless you're talking about gameplay and not story.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 01:51 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Pulse2
Not that you are saying any of this because you genuinly have an appreciation for proper fighting games, your just sticking up for DOA because it happens to be the only fighter 360 has, and I can see you are a 360 fan. Fighters are not meant to be volley ball games, ninjas defeating legendary demons and balsting buildings with Ki blasts, etc etc, they are meant to be fighters, plain and simple, and that is what VF and Tekken do best, they give the game a feel of real life fights and various existing martial arts and fighting styles, DOA will never enter the class of true fighting games unless Itakagi changes his rather foolish perspective, he is uncertain if DOA5 will be multiplatform, well heres a word of advice for him, keep it right where it is, it failed on PS2 before, it will fail on PS3 again, and be stomped by VF, SC and Tekken.

I don't even know why he stupidly considered bringing Ninja Gaiden to PS3, not only that, making it exclusive, messed what was he thinking?

On the side note, I hope games like these will introduce sweat and blood like Smackdown vs Raw games have, there is no reason why any of these fighters cannot look as realistic as Smackdown vs Raw, considering SVR has up to 45 existing people to choose in character select, plus the addition of your own characters sad And still manages to look good. Tekken should have a create a character option smile And fatigue, don't follow DOAs silly anime style unrealistic rubbish, but take its own path and make a hardcore fighting game, sweat, fatigue and blood smile

Now I was bored and decided to read your comment. Where to begin:

Fighters are not meant to have bowling games, nor volleyball games with midget dinosours. I find it funny that you claim DOA is not a proper fighter because it has Ninjas blasting buildings in CGI cut-scenes? WTF? Realism? What's so realistic about an angsty teen with wings blasting people with an energy beam shot from a third eye in his forhead? Oh yeah and that's gameplay not an ending. If DOA goes multiplatform it will be a hit. Do you not know why he switched to the X-box? He has said it countless times: He will develop/work with the most powerful console in the market. That is why he switched from Dreamcast to PS2, to X-box.

You will see how Ninja Gaiden will be an instant greatest hits for the PS3. Ninja Gaiden is a triple A game. And no ammount of dissing or biased opinions is going to change that. I am pretty confident that NG even with it's gameplay being a couple of years old by now is still going to rock those unfortunate gamers that weren't able to play it when it was first released for the X-box. Besides what's not to like about it? AAA game with updated graphics, new content, added story & new weapons + bosses. Go out & reserve it already. I know I would if I had a PS3.

For the record sweat, blood & fatigue do not make a hardcore fighting game. It's the gameplay's depth; and Tekken along with DOA & Soul Calibur have a long way to go before they are able to compete with their Godfather Mr. Virtua Fighter.

PS - Granted it would be nice to watch sweating, blood & fatigue, but it still doesn't make it a fighter. Visuals can only take you so far. Tekken Tag > Tekken 4 for example. And if for fatigue you're talking about Stamina ala Smackdown vs Raw 2007...I don't know stamina can get really annoying in SvR07. If someone tries something like that they better make it good.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 13th, 2006 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 02:09 AM
StyleTime

I was going to reply to this Pulse2 guy but Superboy Prime beat me to it.
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Yeah, but then again you can say the same about the Mishimas & Shotokans etc. Unless you're talking about gameplay and not story.

I was talking about gameplay.
Tekken > DOA. No way around that. It also has the better characters except Ryu...because Ryu is...well Ryu.

Tekken characters are a billion times better, but the gameplay isn't better. It's just different.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 03:47 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Tekkens better overall, the only thing DOA has over tekken is visuals and potential to be a great fighting game. If itagaki sits down and makes the effort to.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 04:57 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I can agree with that. The problem is, Itagaki seems to be content to just put out good costumes/environments/etc. I don't think he recognizes DOA's untapped potential. It's a shame too because I really like DOA.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 05:23 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

DOA will never enter the class of true fighting games unless Itakagi changes his rather foolish perspective, he is uncertain if DOA5 will be multiplatform, well heres a word of advice for him, keep it right where it is, it failed on PS2 before, it will fail on PS3 again, and be stomped by VF, SC and Tekken.

Why is Soul Calibur considered to be a high class among fighting games , Soul Calibur 3 is the single most broken fighting game in the history of mankind.

I don't even know why he stupidly considered bringing Ninja Gaiden to PS3, not only that, making it exclusive, messed what was he thinking?

Ninja Gaiden, is the greatest action game of all time.

On the side note, I hope games like these will introduce sweat and blood like Smackdown vs Raw games have, there is no reason why any of these fighters cannot look as realistic as Smackdown vs Raw, considering SVR has up to 45 existing people to choose in character select, plus the addition of your own characters sad And still manages to look good. Tekken should have a create a character option smile And fatigue, don't follow DOAs silly anime style unrealistic rubbish, but take its own path and make a hardcore fighting game, sweat, fatigue and blood smile

Realism is overrated, yes, it helps draw a player into a game at times (Ninja Gaiden). But, when it comes down to it what makes a game good is it's fun factor and replay value.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 08:09 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

Now I was bored and decided to read your comment. Where to begin:

Fighters are not meant to have bowling games, nor volleyball games with midget dinosours. I find it funny that you claim DOA is not a proper fighter because it has Ninjas blasting buildings in CGI cut-scenes? WTF? Realism? What's so realistic about an angsty teen with wings blasting people with an energy beam shot from a third eye in his forhead? Oh yeah and that's gameplay not an ending. If DOA goes multiplatform it will be a hit. Do you not know why he switched to the X-box? He has said it countless times: He will develop/work with the most powerful console in the market. That is why he switched from Dreamcast to PS2, to X-box.

You will see how Ninja Gaiden will be an instant greatest hits for the PS3. Ninja Gaiden is a triple A game. And no ammount of dissing or biased opinions is going to change that. I am pretty confident that NG even with it's gameplay being a couple of years old by now is still going to rock those unfortunate gamers that weren't able to play it when it was first released for the X-box. Besides what's not to like about it? AAA game with updated graphics, new content, added story & new weapons + bosses. Go out & reserve it already. I know I would if I had a PS3.

For the record sweat, blood & fatigue do not make a hardcore fighting game. It's the gameplay's depth; and Tekken along with DOA & Soul Calibur have a long way to go before they are able to compete with their Godfather Mr. Virtua Fighter.

PS - Granted it would be nice to watch sweating, blood & fatigue, but it still doesn't make it a fighter. Visuals can only take you so far. Tekken Tag > Tekken 4 for example. And if for fatigue you're talking about Stamina ala Smackdown vs Raw 2007...I don't know stamina can get really annoying in SvR07. If someone tries something like that they better make it good.
Just get it over with and admit you love me smile

NG will be good no doubt but when you already have a killing demons game such as Devil May Cry, there is little or no reason to pick up NG -_-, either waym this isn't NG we are discussing, he also switch because DOA wasn't popular on PS2, it sucked, lol, and I happened to be one of the suckers that picked it up, oh well, it was cheap, why not :P Then I got bored of it and sold it off within a week, I wasn't suprised nor phased that it went over to Xbox and became exclusive, quite frankly it can stay right where it is, lol, I vow never to pick up a DOA game again.

VF is an amazing game, and after buying and playing that game (lost it, darnit!) I would know about its awesomeness. But then any fighter fan would tell you that Tekken is also an awesome game, Tekken has been in most arcades, you grow up with Tekken, Tekken 5 was the first Tekken to not enter the arcades excluding silly gameboy spin offs etc. Not even VF was in arcades that often, although I have seen it, but rarely, to be honest, I think VF wins hands down for fighting styles and plots, but Tekken comes in a close second with character designs, fighting styles and pretty much everything else. Tekken is no noob to the fighting genre.

WTF was Itakagi taking, recycled? Isn't that what DOA is messed It was always a rip off of VF with the most common of ideas and braindead plots. I think Itakagi should grow a brain in his intelligence garden before making stupid arse comments like that, otherwise he'll never gain as many fans as both Tekken and VF have sad

And to add to that, the side games are there for fun, they aren't meant to be singled out, they come as part of the package to get away from fighting all the time. They don't get rated seperatly or anything, so for Itakagi to come down on that is as stupid a comment as saying that a character in DOA sucks, therefore the whole game must suck, besides, it wasn't Tekken that made a rather pathetic and desperate attempt to make a volleyball game on a nude beach :P

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 06:24 PM
Pulse2 is currently offline Click here to Send Pulse2 a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

One thing I disagree with you and it's that Tekken has the better story. Granted I wish Jin got nuked a thousand times....

Stop talking about extremevolleysluts, I don't care about the game.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 02:36 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

One thing I disagree with you and it's that Tekken has the better story. Granted I wish Jin got nuked a thousand times....

Stop talking about extremevolleysluts, I don't care about the game.

The first volley sluts was cheap, so my friend bought it, and it was cool. The second sucks and proves itagaki is a liar.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 02:49 AM
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

You can play the second with one hand, and still own, its that bad, lol. Nina game may have been awful, but not that bad, lol.

NG is a good game, but I don't even look at it as part of DOA, I look at it as a completly different game in itself, just using a character that happens to be in DOA, the NG Ryu would destroy the DOA Ryu.

But then again, any fighting game creator could have done that messed

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 01:35 PM
Pulse2 is currently offline Click here to Send Pulse2 a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Not any fighting game creator could have done that. Namco tried and failed miserably with Nina's game.

True NG Ryu would decimate DOA Ryu if they weren't the same.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 06:00 PM
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

I think with any fighting game creator its possible, you just have to have a good plot to go with it, Nina game was bound to be rubbish, before it came out I knew it was rubbish, the storyline looked cheezy, infact all of it did. I would rather play a game based on Eddie Gordo in underground fighting, Raven, Jin with Devil Jin included or Kazuya. Other character are cool to feature in other games though, I made Marduk in Smackdown, but it would be better if he was already there, same as King.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 06:28 PM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Urban Reign is a good action beat'em up by NAMCO, or so I've heard, I've never played it. It has Pual and Law in it though. Anyone thinks that Urban Reign can compete with NG.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 06:53 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I would rather play a beat them up with Kazuya...with every single boss being Jin...and the options to perform limitless fatalities over and over again.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:13 PM
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

What do you have against Jin? smile Hes overated yeah, but his devil is awesome. I want Kazuya's devil back though sad

Oh and theres word that Kunimitsu and Gon will be in Tekken 6, thats awesome news smile

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 12:15 PM
Fallin Angel
Your Angel

What do you have against Jin? smile Hes overated yeah, but his devil is awesome. I want Kazuya's devil back though sad

Oh and theres word that Kunimitsu and Gon will be in Tekken 6, thats awesome news smile
''

Sweet, I love Kunimitsu ^_^

Sig and icon made by me. ^_^

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 07:04 PM
Fallin Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Fallin Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Fallin Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote